Is this version any different?

Options
lenny818
lenny818 Posts: 2 Arc User
edited August 2008 in General Discussion
Hi all,

I have played PW I was wondering if this is different in anyway to the current version out there? I was lead to beileve that it was international anyway? I don't know whats the difference with this version in all honesty?

Anyway, I'll be testing in CB so look forward to seeing you all there.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• golden0galaxy
    golden0galaxy Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options
    i dont know if very much in-game will be different, except for the fact that is in full english, and that servers are based in the US
  • seveneyes
    seveneyes Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options
    I'm looking forward to that fact that it is full english!

I'm fed up of trying to read the distorted english in MY-EN. I might actually try and learn the story line in the game now!

It would be nice to know whether this version is as far along (or further) than MY-EN
  • ami
    ami Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options
    Nothing different except that the server is hosted somewhere else and the game will provide you a better and understandable English. Other than that, I think that this version won't be as far as the MY-EN version yet. @___@;;
  • sahrai
    sahrai Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options
    ami wrote: »
    Nothing different except that the server is hosted somewhere else and the game will provide you a better and understandable English. Other than that, I think that this version won't be as far as the MY-EN version yet. @___@;;

I dunno I kinda disagree, I think when the server is launched it will have as much, or more content, than the MY-EN version.

But to be perfectly honest, if it didn't have as much content as the MY-EN servers I would still move here. Terrible lag, terrible customer service, terrible everything over there. (Going to miss my guildies though)
    Official PWI irc: irc.deltaanime.net #pwint
    IdleRPG with hilarious customizations included. No chat penalty; others remain the same.
  • oolong
    oolong Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options
    The broken english translation is almost a plus for the Malaysian server, it's kind of charming. I enjoy reading it. The story is easy enough to piece together from the Malaysian translation. But it'll be nice to see the product get all polished and feel like a legitimate US release. It's a very pretty game, esspecially on my machine, and it's nice to see it come to the US. Definitely moving to the International server.
  • merulz
    merulz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options
    I doubt it's going to be any different. I think the only things that will be changed is the Engrish ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Perfect World IRC:
    Server: irc.deltaanime.net
    Channel: #pwint
  • c3nzor3d
    c3nzor3d Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options
    I'd like to ask if you will be able to make your own house in PW-International, cuz I haven't seen it in the features list here, but have seen them in the feature list of PW MY-EN about 1~1.5 years ago..although there is a "much much more" feature there that might include this but want to be certain :D
  • itch
    itch Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options
    I hope it's going to be up-to-date with the Chinese server or at least more up-to-date than MY-EN server. Afterall, it is run by the developers of the game and not by cubinet ^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • cruxh
    cruxh Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options
    oolong wrote: »
    The broken english translation is almost a plus for the Malaysian server, it's kind of charming. I enjoy reading it. The story is easy enough to piece together from the Malaysian translation. But it'll be nice to see the product get all polished and feel like a legitimate US release. It's a very pretty game, esspecially on my machine, and it's nice to see it come to the US. Definitely moving to the International server.
    won't you people miss the duke of deer words of wisdom? made me giggle every time around :)
  • junk
    junk Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options
    Decent English is a good enough improvement in my book. If I have to spell "whisht" (or insert broken skill name here) again...
  • wolfnight
    wolfnight Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options
    junk wrote: »
    Decent English is a good enough improvement in my book.

This indeed will be very nice. It was the broken up English that made me stop playing this uniquely charming game. Looking forward to the full release.
  • t0yo
    t0yo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options
    Hopefully this company will manage this amazing game better.
  • daniel
    daniel Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options
    t0yo wrote: »
    Hopefully this company will manage this amazing game better.

me too. It would be awesome.
  • orinj
    orinj Posts: 460 admin
    edited July 2008
    Options
    lenny818 wrote: »
    Hi all,

I have played PW I was wondering if this is different in anyway to the current version out there? I was lead to beileve that it was international anyway? I don't know whats the difference with this version in all honesty?

Anyway, I'll be testing in CB so look forward to seeing you all there.

inanutshell - proper english, proper localization (more than just text, but i can't go into it now), better ping, and last but not least - way better quality service. believe it or not, we actually care about ya'll! :D

as Xarfox mentioned in another thread a lot of stuff currently cannot be disclosed. but wait in the coming days for more revelations from PWE.

thanks!

- the big o
    F.E.A.R. has two meanings: Forget Everything And Run - OR - Face Everything And Rise. The choice is yours, my friend.
  • kelso
    kelso Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I heard that in this server, there will be more stuff in it than the malaysian server, and I hope it's true.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • iry
    iry Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    orinj wrote: »
    inanutshell - proper english, proper localization (more than just text, but i can't go into it now), better ping, and last but not least - way better quality service. believe it or not, we actually care about ya'll! :D

as Xarfox mentioned in another thread a lot of stuff currently cannot be disclosed. but wait in the coming days for more revelations from PWE.

thanks!

- the big o

Can you disclose it for.... A WHOPPING THREE ORANGES!? :eek:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    1perfectworld.com , the best resource for everything Perfect World.
    We got quest guides, cultivation guides, noob guides. If it can be a guide, its there.
    We also got free guild forums :D
    Now with flame forums and trading for CB/OB
  • psych0tic
    psych0tic Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    probably less lag and a more stable version. Everything else will be the same i believe. We'll see in about 4 hours..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Soon to become a CBT. ;)
  • gingerale
    gingerale Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    One thing I'll miss from the Malaysian version is the Henley song on the log in screen. Yeah it was cheesy but it kinda grew on me. :p