East Or West?

teb
teb Posts: 0 Arc User
edited August 2008 in General Discussion
Just wondering what the difference was between servers on east and on west and if so what would be the best one to pick for someone that lives in England.

Thanks in advance :)
Post edited by teb on

Comments

• kinetikop
    kinetikop Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    The difference will be your ping based on location. East is gonig to be on the East Coast of the United States, and West will be on the West Coast of the United States. That in mind, the best one would be the one with the lowest ping, most likely the East server.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • karmelia
    karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    kinetikop wrote: »
    The difference will be your ping based on location. East is gonig to be on the East Coast of the United States, and West will be on the West Coast of the United States. That in mind, the best one would be the one with the lowest ping, most likely the East server.

All server are apparently located in California.

What is know is that the events will be timed differently on the east and west servers.
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • lazor
    lazor Posts: 36
    edited August 2008
    karmelia wrote: »
    All server are apparently located in California.

What is know is that the events will be timed differently on the east and west servers.

karmelia is right..the servers are for event purposes..as for me im east but will play on west coz thats where all my friends r.
  • kinetikop
    kinetikop Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I see, thanks for the correction. =]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • teb
    edited August 2008
    Ok thank you for the info, i guess ill have to pick east most likely because being in England is closest to the eastern part of america and plus from another game which i play im able to stay up for the events which i believe are in the eastern time zone (useless with what american time zones are lol)
  • aruzo
    aruzo Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    They should introduce servers to Europe. This will make it better for the rest of the world ;-;.
    IGN: aruzo (EC)
    IGN: hide (WR)
    xfire: aruzo
  • teb
    edited August 2008
    Every game kinda needs that but then it would take up time and money recruiting GMs and MODs in europe and because its such a big area they would need multi lingual people or one person from each country to rep
  • zoefox
    zoefox Posts: 225
    edited August 2008
    Well if they put servers in Europe fine as long as they don't IP ban them from here, I'm from the states and I play with Teb on most of the MMOs I play.
  • blondie
    blondie Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    i have a feeling that most people will pick east anyways because thats how it was for another MMO i used to play and a couple others
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • karmelia
    karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    aruzo wrote: »
    They should introduce servers to Europe. This will make it better for the rest of the world ;-;.

Another company acquired the rights to run european servers.
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • nub1cake
    nub1cake Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    are you only running west coast servers for CB? cause when i opened the updater thingy the east coast ones are greyed out.