Good Build For Wizard

joe
joe Posts: 9 Arc User
edited September 2008 in Wizard
Hey guys I played the blade master on the my version and I was thinking about making a wizard in the int version. Anyone have any good suggestions on a good build and stats relocation? Anyone that actually played a Wizard from the other PW ver? Thanks for the input!! :D
Post edited by joe on

Comments

• perfect10
    perfect10 Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    i haven't played a mage, but i have put a lot of research into all the classes as i am trying to pick a new one for PWi

there are basically 2 builds for mages:

pure int build: this one is gonna be dealing the most damage and have the lowest pdef

light armor build: this one is gonna have higher pdef and crit rate, but lower damage
  • xii
    xii Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    there are 2 builds if you go robe armor:

con build - minimum int/str for equipment, rest of points into con
    pure build - minimum str for equipment, rest of points into int (so you have only 5 con)

generally, people who play mage will go con build in the beginning, since it helps leveling tremendously (you won't die in like 3-4 hits). pure build is risky, but it will pay off in the long run, as you'll deal the most amount of damage (in addition to pure archers).

people who switch over to light armor do so after maybe levels 30+ once you've accumulated enough skills, con, and have a better feel for survivability. light armor is mainly used for PvP in my opinion, as it provides more resistance against WR/WB/EA, and esp. if you have the EP's solid shell buff (% up armor defense), light armor is better. PvE monsters mostly use magic attacks once you reach higher levels, so having robe armor actually is better.

i would do +4 int/+1 con and +3 int/+1 con/+1 str in the beginning (keep str at minimum for robe armor, so around half your level generally). You'll accumulate enough con once you hit levels 40-50, then you can either lay off the con and start going for light armor, or keep pumping con or int. monsters 50+ most use magic attacks.

as for skills...max your beginning 3: rock fall, blazing hierogram, spring rush. those are filler skills between longer cast skills. after that, you decide to go certain elemental paths: water, fire, or earth.

fire - generally offensive tree (+AoE, Zhen)
    water - support/assist tree (heal, add-on water damage)
    earth - tactical tree (stun, slow, paralyze, blind)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • joe
    joe Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    wow really helpful thanks guys.
  • koz
    koz Posts: 465 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    The water tree actually has the most powerful spell in the game (Kryonite Dragon) and has the slow status effects.

Earth contains seal/blind/stun

And the fire tree has knockback(not available in pvp)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • matthew
    matthew Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    That's not bad xii, except to go light build you cannot put any points into CON. To satisy minimum requirements for the magic weapon your level, and for light armor your level, requires all possible stat points to be placed in STR, AGI, and INT. So, if you are going light build do it in the beginning and stick to the build or you will have to restat later.

Builds I know of are Heavy(dual-armor build), Light, Pure INT, Hybrid, and CON build. Most popular are probably Light and Hybrid, followed by Pure and Heavy. I have never met a CON build.
  • koz
    edited July 2008
    Con is next to useless for a mage. There isn't enough return to make it worthwhile. You might as well go heavy armor instead and spare the points so you don't have to restat later on in the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • animefan
    animefan Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    koz wrote: »
    Con is next to useless for a mage. There isn't enough return to make it worthwhile. You might as well go heavy armor instead and spare the points so you don't have to restat later on in the game.

Not if you consider the "Sacrifice" fire skill(I cant remember the entire name), but it uses up to 60 percent of your life as a multiplier for the spell's damage output. More health means more damage exponentially. And more Con = more health. You would be doing a Con build pretty much to specialize for that spell though.
  • koz
    edited July 2008
    animefan wrote: »
    Not if you consider the "Sacrifice" fire skill(I cant remember the entire name), but it uses up to 60 percent of your life as a multiplier for the spell's damage output. More health means more damage exponentially. And more Con = more health. You would be doing a Con build pretty much to specialize for that spell though.

That skill is useless. Anyone who maxes that is a huge n00b. The first problem with that skill is it takes wayyyyy too long to reach maximum damage. The second problem is the AOE is centered around the mage, so if you use it to AOE mobs and not all of them die, you're pretty much insta-dead.

Probably the most useless of the mage skills imho.

And the skill you are referring to is sacrificial firestorm no?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • megabyte
    megabyte Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    i haavent play this game before so i dont know what to expect out of a wiz so if i could sorta get a asic run down from someone via x fire add buzuka6bob plz and thank u..
  • splice
    splice Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    warning: first time playing a mage is gonna be hard unless u have party!

a pure int MG with pdef stones n earth build anyone?
  • koz
    edited July 2008
    Huh? I found it very easy to solo as a mage. The mobs usually never touched me before I killed them :3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • splice
    splice Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    that was directed to new players...
    They'll know when they experience it.
  • lamerking
    lamerking Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    You win 10 stat points each two levels.
    Basicaly the minimum stats requirements to wear Wizzard stuff ( dress/robe & magical weapon ) are :
    6 Int and 1 Str each two levels.
    So you have 3 free stat points each two levels to accommodate your build.
    a pure int MG with pdef stones n earth build anyone?
    I'll play a pure int Wizzard with pdef and some earth skills..
    ~Lamerking
    IGN : MADJACK
    SERVER : Lost City (PVP)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • koz
    edited July 2008
    pure int with pdef stones and pdef wasit adorns/necklaces is hands down the most superior mg build. But it's quite expensive D:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ladyrain
    ladyrain Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Personally, I played a pure INT wizard with all my equipment geared towards more damage in the PW-MY server. The trick is to know how to kite, i.e. run/jump away after nuking the mob, then nuke again, run/jump again, repeat till mob is dead. It is a pain to play, but by the time you hit level 20+, you should be able to kill most normal mobs after just one or two rounds of kiting (provided you buy/smith 2* or better weapons, and have fairly good +INT/+Magic damage equipment). Hit level 39 and your troubles are over, when you obtain your pushback skill. You will be able to select a mob, hit the combo button, and wait for the mob to die. No kiting required any more. Bear in mind that you ARE going to die the moment you slip in your timing or experience lag, though. Nevermind, though...builds character ;)

Non-pure INT wizards have it easier early on, but most players will buy restat scrolls (very expensive) at higher levels to switch over to INT build anyway, once equipment gives them enough health points to do so. I just choose to do it from the start (me cheapskate :p).

If you do choose to play wizard, you should be aware that they are only strong ENDGAME, and tend to die at the drop of a hat, whatever your build. For most of the first 40 or so levels, you will still need quite a few hits to kill a mob. As you level up beyond that, your damage increases exponentially and allow you to 3-hit kill mobs just a few levels below you (I found that the easiest way to level, especially on flying mobs that have lower hp and give more exp). Ok, time to stop rambling :o.
  • muppet
    muppet Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    i havent played this game befoe but i am testing it out in the beta i got my beta key and everything else lol. i hav been doing lots of research on the forum aout what class is the best but they all hav good and bads bout them and i think the wizard look the best and also is the best at higher lvls so i though i am going to be doing a wizard i i read up on the buils and i wanted a build where i am quit stong and i got a bit of defence so then i got a reply saying best build if you want it like this is 3int/1con/1str so i am going to be doing this buil then i look at the skills what a wizard does on you tube and they look amazing so i think i am going to be doing this lol and getting my character doing it look like the wizard in wizard of oss lol;)
  • matthew
    matthew Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    muppet wrote: »
    i havent played this game befoe but i am testing it out in the beta i got my beta key and everything else lol. i hav been doing lots of research on the forum aout what class is the best but they all hav good and bads bout them and i think the wizard look the best and also is the best at higher lvls so i though i am going to be doing a wizard i i read up on the buils and i wanted a build where i am quit stong and i got a bit of defence so then i got a reply saying best build if you want it like this is 3int/1con/1str so i am going to be doing this buil then i look at the skills what a wizard does on you tube and they look amazing so i think i am going to be doing this lol and getting my character doing it look like the wizard in wizard of oss lol;)

Nice necro man, lol. This thread was over two weeks old. That build is garbage. Please read some of the other guides in the forum, I just made one, it's not half bad.
  • aviece
    aviece Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I've been browsing through the threads maybe 4 hours until beta launch and i'm lost on two things

1) how has everyone already had in game experience when beta isn't out yet. (i assume there's been another beta and this is beta 2?)

2) Why does everyone say 1 str / 9int or 8 int / 2 con but no one ever says:
    1 str 1 agi 1 con / 7 int? if agi help with critical hits wouldn't that make for a higher damage mage if you count critical hit % into the total damage value?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • taelrak
    taelrak Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    aviece wrote: »
    I've been browsing through the threads maybe 4 hours until beta launch and i'm lost on two things

1) how has everyone already had in game experience when beta isn't out yet. (i assume there's been another beta and this is beta 2?)

2) Why does everyone say 1 str / 9int or 8 int / 2 con but no one ever says:
    1 str 1 agi 1 con / 7 int? if agi help with critical hits wouldn't that make for a higher damage mage if you count critical hit % into the total damage value?

1. This game has been out for years in China. Most people here played on the Malaysian server that was in English (sort of English).

2. Builds are meant to be taken on a macro scale - build your stats to wear the type of equipment you want, and THEN adjust what you have left. Most people who do agi at all are either going for a dual or light or heavy armor build, and the agi is in there for one reason only - to meet the prereq of those equipment. The fact that agi gives some +crit is just icing on the cake.

You get 1 crit for every 20 points in agi. It's just not worth the huge investment for that measly 1%. Some people have suggested putting in 15 points to get the first +1% (since you start the game with 5 agi. Actually it's possible to lower your stats below the initial 5 (to 3), so most people don't even go this route either.

Some people like crits for the spike damage - which is useful in pk situations when you're trying to finish off that 30k hp barbarian before his hiero refreshes. If you're going to put points in agi, at least put enough to use light armor, or heavy armor ...whichever's your preference.
  • rabbi7
    rabbi7 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    so going pure is putting all your stat points into int?
  • lamerking
    lamerking Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    No. Going pure is :
    every two levels : 1STR / 9INT
    it's because you need STR to wear equipements.
    ~Lamerking
    IGN : MADJACK
    SERVER : Lost City (PVP)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rabbi7
    rabbi7 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    o. ty for clearing that up for me.
  • Baalzor - Heavens Tear
    Baalzor - Heavens Tear Posts: 272 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    i am pure wizard and i died only once and that was when i talked on the phone...
    i use +HP gear on me and thats like helpful..
    http:// fr.xfire.com/video/36f4d6/
    RUBBERBAND \o/
  • Orora - Heavens Tear
    Orora - Heavens Tear Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Yeah, pure Wizards can't take a lot of hard hits, but most of the time the enemies you're facing should only be able to hit you once or twice before you kill them - or not at all.
This discussion has been closed.