When will the servers be open?

Options

Comments

• athentis
    athentis Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    hello there, well i just read most of this thread and now understand beta starts in like 8 hour or sumthing, just the weird thing, i looked at the countdown and its actully going up, i dont know if any1 esle is getting that?
  • karmelia
    karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    kaeriin wrote: »
    .... Wow

Wrong game. this is PW.
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • aruzo
    aruzo Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I gotta wait till 7am -_-....I'm sooo disappointed...
    IGN: aruzo (EC)
    IGN: hide (WR)
    xfire: aruzo
  • ghost6989
    ghost6989 Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Yeah there is a flaw in the countdown thingy, It counts down to midnight on 18th/19th of august, but for people running on GMT and anyone before that it will say the servers are supposed to be up, nothing major just mildly annoying lol, I have not read the forums enough to know it started at PDT, I though I didnt need to seeing as the main page had a countdown.

Anyway thats why some people might be asking why it isnt up.
  • karmelia
    edited August 2008
    Options
    ghost6989 wrote: »
    Anyway thats why some people might be asking why it isnt up.

That's what I would call an understatement.
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • zeifod
    zeifod Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Here is 02:57 a.m. 19/08/2008.....and still not server... disapointed :(
  • karmelia
    edited August 2008
    Options
    zeifod wrote: »
    Here is 02:57 a.m. 19/08/2008.....and still not server... disapointed :(

See what I meant by "understatement"?...

Read this : when it hit 00:00:00, the server will open : http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/time-zone/usa/pacific-time/

• akassa
    akassa Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    It's 0:30 am 19th august here and it's not on as well :(
    Thara - Level 32 - Venomancer - Lost City Server
  • karmelia
    edited August 2008
    Options
    akassa wrote: »
    It's 0:30 am 19th august here and it's not on as well :(

To the risk of repeating myself...

Go there : when it hit 00:00:00, the server will open : http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/time-zone/usa/pacific-time/

• desirai
    desirai Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Hi, there is a sticky in this forum that addresses this issue.
  • delorne
    delorne Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Ok now that we have a real time from the admins... Seems like people are STILL getting confused.

Servers open at Midnight on the west coast of the USA. This would be 3 AM East Coast USA, 7 AM GMT, 8 AM UK time, 10 AM for Western Europe, and for Australia around 5 PM.

As people ahve said the countdown timer means nothing.. it only counts down to Midnight your local time. Everyone will get to start at the same time.

If they did it by every time zone hitting midnight, People in places like Australia would be playing already, while people in Hawaii, would still have a long wait. This way it's fair to all (as fair as any international game can be with times as someone is always inconvenienced by time zones).
  • karmelia
    edited August 2008
    Options
    tony02 wrote: »
    i thought it was supposed to come up when the time on the website all went to 0 lol
    my bad i think =/

Go there : when it hit 00:00:00, the server will open : http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/time-zone/usa/pacific-time/

• weeman
    weeman Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    right, so let me get this straight, in the U.K. the servers open up about 7:00am or 8:00am? sum1 plz reply
  • kaeriin
    kaeriin Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Dont bother, they just dont bother reading, they click the thread and immediatly type

"ZOMG IT HASNT STARTED YET???!!!!!! ARMAGEDDON I TELL YOU!"

Sigh...
  • skyle
    skyle Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    8am for uk same as me soooooo im off to sleep!

Laters! :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Plume City - PVE
  • bloodz
    bloodz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    THank you =] if i knowns this b4 -.-' i wouldnt hav to wake up this l8 -.-'' Now back to sleeep <=D :p
  • bloodz
    bloodz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    kaeriin wrote: »
    Dont bother, they just dont bother reading, they click the thread and immediatly type

"ZOMG IT HASNT STARTED YET???!!!!!! ARMAGEDDON I TELL YOU!"

Sigh...

Wow ... armageddon..... WHEREEEE !?!?!?!? T,T I dun wanna die.. i dun wanna die I DUN WANNA DIE!!!:(
  • ence
    ence Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Seriously people.

www.perfectworld.com

Go to the main website. Look at the right-hand column. THERE IS A COUNTDOWN TIMER.

Do the math. Not too hard -_-;;
  • akassa
    akassa Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    delorne wrote: »
    Ok now that we have a real time from the admins... Seems like people are STILL getting confused.

Servers open at Midnight on the west coast of the USA. This would be 3 AM East Coast USA, 7 AM GMT, 8 AM UK time, 10 AM for Western Europe, and for Australia around 5 PM.

As people ahve said the countdown timer means nothing.. it only counts down to Midnight your local time. Everyone will get to start at the same time.

If they did it by every time zone hitting midnight, People in places like Australia would be playing already, while people in Hawaii, would still have a long wait. This way it's fair to all (as fair as any international game can be with times as someone is always inconvenienced by time zones).

So i guess we all still a long time to wait then ~~
    Thara - Level 32 - Venomancer - Lost City Server
  • kuruno
    kuruno Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    .... so the server opens at 3am here (south east usa) and there is a hurricane coming here at 3am .....0_o...i hate the weather. ....i am screwed =[
  • caste
    caste Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    xarfox wrote: »
    Greetings everyone. We're happy to see launch day finally. Now some of you have been wondering at what time the servers will open? Our servers will be opening at12am PDT, (midnight tonight).

If you are still unclear as to what time that is for you, then please check the following link:
    http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/time-zone/usa/pacific-time/

We look forward to our midnight release tonight, and we can't wait to see you all in game. ;)

Hmm, the timer on the home page is a bit off then, I'm guessing it must be using my system clock to determine when the servers are open, and doesn't account for time zones.
  • bobobob
    bobobob Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    wait right now its 8:22 for me am i gonna play in 3 hours?:eek:
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=15790000&dateline=1218674145
    Your Current Signature Picture[/SIGPIC]
    bobobob = AccuXracy and Accu
  • danubus37
    danubus37 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    No. Guys, the servers are Pacific standard time.
  • nama
    nama Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    They says 19th, but they are only open a minute before 20th??

First impression lasts, and this is not a good.................................
  • tatakairyu
    tatakairyu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    The 19th is still the 19th lol. Assuming they do open it before the 20th heh.
  • ghost6989
    edited August 2008
    Options
    ok just to clarify, they are opening on midnight the on the 18th, so it will be the very first minute of the 19th, I dont see the problem.
  • kuji
    kuji Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    ghost6989 wrote: »
    ok just to clarify, they are opening on midnight the on the 18th, so it will be the very first minute of the 19th, I dont see the problem.

u realise its alreay the 19th and there closed ya duh good game you for knowing what date it is today
  • devu
    devu Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    hmm I am waiting for server up but in meantime game client downloaded some updates ... strange. My question is why first 2 servers now are grey? going to be not playable?
  • anyandrell
    anyandrell Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    It is the 19th where you are maybe. Read again their first post on this very discussion. It's about 19th time 0:00 Pacific Daylight Time (GMT-7). What is so hard to understand? Ever heard that the planet is round and there is something called Time Zones?
  • ghost6989
    edited August 2008
    Options
    kuji wrote: »
    u realise its alreay the 19th and there closed ya duh good game you for knowing what date it is today

As you can see you rushed into trying to make someone else stupid that you made yourself look stupid. I am on GMT which means its the 19th for me, but unlike you when finding out the countdown timer was wrong I looked on the forums, found that the time was on PDT

Before you post make sure you know all the facts.