Timezones

lolkers
lolkers Posts: 21 Arc User
edited August 2008 in General Discussion
Ok i know some people aren't sure about 12 AM PDT for them, so i thought i could help!

PDT is GMT-7. Thus when they say 12 AM they mean 7AM at GMT Time. Therefore :

GMT-8 (USA and Canada West Coast) = 11 PM

GMT - 7 (West central USA and Canada, Western parts of Mexico and South america) = 12 AM

GMT - 6 (East Central USA and Canada, Eastern parts of mexico and central south america) = 1 AM

GMT - 5 (East coast of Usa and canada, East of South America) = 2 AM

GMT - 4 (Cuban islands, East coast of South America) = 3 AM

GMT - 3 (Not sure, i think there's nothing there o.o) = 4 AM

GMT - 2 (same as above)= 5 AM

GMT - 1 (Western coast of africa) = 6 AM

GMT (Western Europe, Including England, Portugal, Spain, France, Belgium, etc. Parts of central Africa) = 7 AM

GMT + 1 (Eastern Europe, Including Holland, Italy, Austria, Macedonia, Yguslovia, etc. Central Africa.) = 8 AM

GMT + 2 (WEE this is me! Israel, Greece, Turkey, Lebanon, Syria, Egypt, Jordan, Western Russia, Kenya, Tanzania and the western coast of africa) = 9 AM

GMT + 3 (Iraq, Saudi Arabia, REAL EAST of Turkey, Iran, Arabian Emirates, And Russia)= 10 AM

GMT + 4 (Not sure, but i think, Afgahnistan, Pakistan, Eastern parts of Iran, Russia) = 11 AM

GMT + 5 (not quite sure) = 12 AM

i think all the countries past GMT + 5 are IP banned, so i won't continue.

There you go, i hope this is helpful to all you people. Ill see you all in 9 hours!! (if i manage to wake up T_T)
If you know me, let me know that you know me, cause probably don't know you. KNOWLEDGE FTW! :eek:

L=O=S=T C=I=T=Y

Lawlkers - Lvl 16 Vencomancer
Lolkers - Lvl 3 Blademaster
Lolkerz - Lvl 1 Elven Archer (untill i figure out how to get pets on archers ._.)\

~Currently in Cosmic Faction~
Post edited by lolkers on

Comments

• ryuuzaki
    ryuuzaki Posts: 680 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    While that is somewhat accurate, most of those countries/continents observe daylight savings. The opening time for the closed beta will be an hour later than the times above.

Plus, England is in a different timezone from Western Europe. Western Europe is GMT+1, Eastern Europe is GMT+2.... except right now with daylight savings, Western is GMT+2 and Eastern is GMT+3. The UK is GMT+1.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lolkers
    lolkers Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Done with the FlyFF servers are we, Ryu?

And SOORRYYYY for acctualy trying to HELP, what the GMs obviously didn't by saying Midnight PDT. Even if i'm not accurate this gives people an idea about the time it starts for them, even if i miss by 1 hour it's still around said time, and thats A LOT more helpful than what the GMs posted.
    If you know me, let me know that you know me, cause probably don't know you. KNOWLEDGE FTW! :eek:

L=O=S=T C=I=T=Y

Lawlkers - Lvl 16 Vencomancer
    Lolkers - Lvl 3 Blademaster
    Lolkerz - Lvl 1 Elven Archer (untill i figure out how to get pets on archers ._.)\

~Currently in Cosmic Faction~
  • aruzo
    aruzo Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    UK isn't GMT + 1. The UK is just GMT.
    IGN: aruzo (EC)
    IGN: hide (WR)
    xfire: aruzo
  • zoefox
    zoefox Posts: 225
    edited August 2008
    PDT is the same time that is used on another game I play and ryu is still a fourm mod of. (not that he shows up there now)

I know its 3 hours behind me so the game will launch at 3 am where I live.
  • emko
    emko Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    hmm.. people should just look at the countdown >_> it gives you hours/minutes/seconds, so no matter how much of an idiot a person may be they should be able to comprehend how much times left >_>

and seeing as theres around 33minutes left , it will be up at 12am (GMT-0)
  • troll
    troll Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    emko wrote: »
    hmm.. people should just look at the countdown >_> it gives you hours/minutes/seconds, so no matter how much of an idiot a person may be they should be able to comprehend how much times left >_>

and seeing as theres around 33minutes left , it will be up at 12am (GMT-0)

ah sweet irony.
  • zoefox
    edited August 2008
    troll wrote: »
    ah sweet irony.

Yep. After telling everyone to just use the clock, they didn't even read the other posts to learn about what that clock REALLY does.
  • emko
    edited August 2008
    troll wrote: »
    ah sweet irony.

not sure im right though.. im just looking at the countdown clock, and it shows 30minutes left for me, and that will mean tis 12am here, and my timezone is gmt-0, so i basicly figured thats it :) but i guess i was wrong hehe
  • zoefox
    edited August 2008
    emko wrote: »
    not sure im right though.. im just looking at the countdown clock, and it shows 30minutes left for me, and that will mean tis 12am here, and my timezone is gmt-0

That clock goes by your computers clock. It counts down to 12 am no matter what time zone you are in. In reality you can look at the bottom of this page and it will tell you the server time. At 12 am server time the game starts.
  • emko
    edited August 2008
    zoefox wrote: »
    That clock goes by your computers clock. It counts down to 12 am no matter what time zone you are in. In reality you can look at the bottom of this page and it will tell you the server time. At 12 am server time the game starts.

oh, thx for the info :) i just figured it was the clock for the actual game launch, since it was on their website :D
  • shizo
    shizo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    So will it be up in 7 or 8 hours from now on? Dont want to wake up 1 hour earlier or later >___>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Shizo - Blademaster 9x - Conqueror

Quitted trolling the forums. PM me ingame, if want something

Sig by Sev.
  • zoefox
    edited August 2008
    From the clock at the bottom of this page: The time now is 04:08 PM. wait until 12:00 am by that clock. 8 hours.
  • crystalhaztazahs
    crystalhaztazahs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Actually, figuring out when the game is supposed to start is quite easy.

If it's 12 midnight in California:Pacific time, then it's 1AM Mountain time, 2AM central time, 3AM Eastern time and so on. You can look up your times on a world time chart, and count up hour from hour to your timezone where ever you live. Or just use an online time converter.
  • primata
    primata Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    do not look ate the clock... i'm in Portugal and the game will open in 8h ...... the clock says 1day 1hour 20 minutes
  • karmelia
    karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Look at this clock :http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/time-zone/usa/pacific-time/

When it hit 00:00 rush in.
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • ryuuzaki
    ryuuzaki Posts: 680 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    lolkers wrote: »
    Done with the FlyFF servers are we, Ryu?

And SOORRYYYY for acctualy trying to HELP, what the GMs obviously didn't by saying Midnight PDT. Even if i'm not accurate this gives people an idea about the time it starts for them, even if i miss by 1 hour it's still around said time, and thats A LOT more helpful than what the GMs posted.

Sorry, I didn't mean to sound overly critical. I was just giving advice on what you should correct.. giving inaccurate information doesn't really help anyone very much. :)

And, in the GM's thread I did post a general summary of times for various locations: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=278691 (not that anyone bothers reading either).

aruzo - UK is currently on BST, which is GMT+1. In October it will go back to being synchronized with GMT.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • karmelia
    karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Yay! The thread locked is back!

Go to work! :D
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)