House boulding

Options
lamboo
lamboo Posts: 19 Arc User
edited August 2008 in General Discussion
Hi i looked on The other sites of PW and i saw there that player can bould houses What ia wasss wondering, Can we do that 2 in this version?? It looked verry cool and i cant w8 to bould my ohwn house if i can do it XD

well that wass it cyaa =P
Post edited by lamboo on

Comments

• lunny
    lunny Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Yah i was also wondering if they were gonna add it to this version, it would be so cool.
  • rev
    rev Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    well let us get the information more squared around. Perfect World was a pay to play game in China. At some point the company created Perfect World II, the version we are getting, that is a free to play version of the original, for some reason the houses were removed in the creation of PW2. So while I doubt the housing system will be there, there's slight room for hope, because I don't understand why they can't add it, at least as a cash shop item :P
    "Either you die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." Harvey Dent - The Dark Knight

Phase 1 Dungeon Design Contest Winner!
    Entry: Hall of Forsaken Souls, Twas fun to design.
  • troll
    troll Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    the world quests give items for housing as part of the reward.

need a definitive answer from the admin here as to whether or not houses are possible in the f2p model of PW.
  • troll
    edited August 2008
    Options
    ...apparently not actually according to this post in the stickied FAQ.
    karmelia wrote: »
    Q : Will the housing system be implemented?
    A : Unfortunately the housing system is something that was only present in Perfect World I, which was subscription based. When Perfect World converted from subscription to Free to Play, that feature was dropped sadly. (Xarfox)

looks like the world quests are giving junk rewards (aka bank fillers, something you will all hate soon enough).
  • soukyuu
    soukyuu Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    xarfox wrote: »
    Unfortunately the housing system is something that was only present in Perfect World I, which was subscription based. When Perfect World converted from subscription to Free to Play, that feature was dropped sadly.
    from here

I think i saw somewhere that housing was re-implemented with the expansion PW got in china, but it wasn't an official post
    PW has been endless frustration for me #2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • aeonan
    aeonan Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Quote from the approved and stickied Q & A thread:
    karmelia wrote: »
    Q : Will the housing system be implemented?
    A : Unfortunately the housing system is something that was only present in Perfect World I, which was subscription based. When Perfect World converted from subscription to Free to Play, that feature was dropped sadly. (Xarfox)

EDIT: Woops, soukyuu beat me to it xP
  • troll
    edited August 2008
    Options
    aeonan wrote: »
    Quote from the approved and stickied Q & A thread:

EDIT: Woops, soukyuu beat me to it xP

i beat you both to it.

phear me.
  • soukyuu
    soukyuu Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    beaten by a troll D:
    well, at least my post links to the original xarfox's reply >:D
    PW has been endless frustration for me #2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • troll
    edited August 2008
    Options
    soukyuu wrote: »
    beaten by a troll D:
    well, at least my post links to the original xarfox's reply >:D

you win that point, however overall i win as i am hawt sauce.
  • aeonan
    aeonan Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Pwn sauce > hawt sauce.

WIN!!!!!!!!
  • troll
    edited August 2008
    Options
    oh you say that now.

wait till i get you in a dark sexy corner.
  • rev
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Now here's the thing that gets me, why was it removed? I have looked some and haven't seen a reason as to why, and what's funny is the MY-EN still had the NPC (when I played) that manages the housing system, so the roots might still be there implimentation.
    "Either you die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." Harvey Dent - The Dark Knight

• embl3m
    embl3m Posts: 494 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    How lame =.=

Oh well, i heard you needed 200k rep for the max house anyways lol
  • rev
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Like I had said (just trying to create conversation on an interesting topic) what they should do is make it a cash shop item, like the bigger the house, the more expensive or something like that, it would help support the company and give us a place to relax and put up trophies :P.

• troll
    edited August 2008
    Options
    rev wrote: »
    Like I had said (just trying to create conversation on an interesting topic) what they should do is make it a cash shop item, like the bigger the house, the more expensive or something like that, it would help support the company and give us a place to relax and put up trophies :P.

agreed, i'd be happy to spend real dollars in cash shop for this kind of brag material rather than tool around questing for it (gaining items, gaining rep).
  • karmelia
    karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    rev wrote: »
    Now here's the thing that gets me, why was it removed?

Maybe it's was eating too much resources on the server?

Probably easier to implement on a P2P game where you have an idea of the income you'll get each month.
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • rev
    edited August 2008
    Options
    That is a very reasonable possibility, however, another game that's entering beta some 2 weeks after this one does has player housing for players from the start, so who knows.

• lunny
    lunny Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Which game?
  • rev
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Runes of Magic

• blublo
    blublo Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    You spelled build wrong...a lot.
  • kelso
    kelso Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I think there will be housing in this server, I heard that this server wil have more stuff than in malaysian server, and the malaysian server has it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • desirai
    desirai Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    There will be no house boulding in this version of the game, I'm afraid.
  • elly
    elly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    it's a real shame, the player housing is one of the features i was most looking forward to, i read about it supposedly being in the MY version but was disappointed when i was unable to find anything about it in game. it would be nice if they could impliment it for the international version but looking at it from a companies point of view it would probably cost them extra to actually run them. so as much as we may want it theres the high chance that we won't see it unless we were to pay for them in some kind of way to help fund the running costs of them. but for this it would need some kind of subscription. to keep a steady flow of cash to keep them running instead of a one off payment.