Character Names - are you going for a popular one?

kaeriin
kaeriin Posts: 0 Arc User
edited August 2008 in General Discussion
I was reading one of the threads here and this came up

So who is gonna name their char "God" "Jesus" etc? Or are they banned?

I think its funny to have one of those "MOST WANTED" names, that everyone goes for, used to do that in Diablo, but now I prefer randomly generated cute names, rather than witty ones

Also, what names do you think will be taken 100% sure in the first minute it goes live?
Post edited by kaeriin on

Comments

• fireblood
    fireblood Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    kaeriin wrote: »
    I was reading one of the threads here and this came up

So who is gonna name their char "God" "Jesus" etc? Or are they banned?

I think its funny to have one of those "MOST WANTED" names, that everyone goes for, used to do that in Diablo, but now I prefer randomly generated cute names, rather than witty ones

Also, what names do you think will be taken 100% sure in the first minute it goes live?
    Mine for sure :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • troll
    troll Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    i'm guessing "GM" will be unavailable.
  • lockhart
    lockhart Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Wonder how many Naruto's and Ichigo's we'll see at the launch. Im a bit tempted to create bunch of characters with the names XxNarutoXx or oOolegolasoOs just to make sure I wont see them ingame :p

The char names I'm gonna use are rarely taken, so no worries there ^_^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Mihimaru ~ 4x Venomancer ~ Starlight ~ Heaven's Tear
    CB tester :D
  • wimpknuckles
    wimpknuckles Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Legolas....Don't spoil stuff for me now, k? I really wanna use that name for my Archer :<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.
    When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.
  • virii
    virii Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I'm going to try and get Viriilink for my archer and claim the name Viruslink, Disease, and Plague for other characters.
  • pineapple
    pineapple Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Pineapple =D.... i dun tink anyone will give their char fruits name ya?
  • ta2
    ta2 Posts: 4
    edited August 2008
    pineapple wrote: »
    Pineapple =D.... i dun tink anyone will give their char fruits name ya?

hahaha i think you'l be fine... although it is quite tempting to make an untamed barbarian called Fruity or BigFruit
  • orange188
    orange188 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I'm going for Zeik myself.
  • zhukis
    zhukis Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I'm Lithuanian, the nicks I use are ones that most of the planet can't even pronounce. So there isn't a worry about it being taken.
  • sansan
    sansan Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    If I need names im goingto the elven or hobbit generator cause there is always a nice name (I hope my name wont be taken) but if i want a name i even can get my own name or that from my brother cause most of the time there arent even taken!!!!! And populair names.... Ichico(or something) naruto kakashi sasuke sakura jachamie light (or something) there will be taken how fast your ever are....

c.u.

Santana
  • wimpknuckles
    wimpknuckles Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Ah yes, Alternatives on Anime names.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.
    When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.
  • skyle
    skyle Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Hmm would say but i dont want it to be taken by the time i can login when i finish work when CB comes out :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Plume City - PVE
  • shru
    shru Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Angel, Devil, God, Jesus, Fox, Cloud, Sepherith, Legolas, Ranger, Naruto, Ash Ketchum, Yugioh, Leeroy Jenkins, Spicoli. All these names will be mine... don't even waste your time trying...
  • aeonan
    aeonan Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I wouldn't use 'popular' anime names even if I got them.. it just makes you seem unoriginal.
  • kelo
    kelo Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Popular names are meh... I much prefer using a name I created from scratch. The name is part of what defines a character. Popular names get copied alot. IMO, a name like "Naruto3474" is pretty much like saying "I'm generic peon #3474". And since there will be tons of Naruto's around, even the original "Naruto" will be totally generic amidst the crowd.

You can replace Naruto with any overused name in my example btw.
    ~ Through the darkest of night, we shall shine brightly, revealing the path to both friendship and glory ~
    Kelovar, Radiance executor
  • aeonan
    aeonan Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I meant like the plain 'Naruto'. And even..

Say I like Ichigo from bleach, sure, cool character and all. But naming yourself doesn't make you become ichigo, it just proves you're an unoriginal fan.
  • xiahou
    xiahou Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    MrBugz is what ill be called ^^
    Name:
    Level:Workin on it
    Sever:Heaven's Tear
    Guild:
  • alvi
    alvi Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Ziros here
  • kaosnight
    kaosnight Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    aeonan wrote: »
    I wouldn't use 'popular' anime names even if I got them.. it just makes you seem unoriginal.

Always better to make your own original name, i have 3 and over the years i have never had a problem with someone already using my name. I find it more interesting when people have a meaning or joke behind there name.
  • ryuuzaki
    ryuuzaki Posts: 680 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I might create some Ryuuzaki's, just because it's my forum name. Won't actually use them to play with though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • antony
    antony Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    who's Naruto?
  • irrlicht
    irrlicht Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    antony wrote: »
    who's Naruto?
    I allready like you :D

My names are usualy taken, so I just hope I'm fast enough this time.
    There should be a Sephi-Guild and a Cloud-Guild constantly fighting each other btw... just to keep the balance.
  • jam3sj
    jam3sj Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    aeonan wrote: »
    I meant like the plain 'Naruto'. And even..

Say I like Ichigo from bleach, sure, cool character and all. But naming yourself doesn't make you become ichigo, it just proves you're an unoriginal fan.

lol what are you smoking it makes you EXACTLY like ichigo if you name yourself ichigo.... Pwi has bankai doesnt it?
  • ina1166
    ina1166 Posts: 297 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    If I see another "Ina", or a name with "Ina" at the front of it, that person will suffer repeated death, or annoying mind attacks.
    88 FIRE! An "anti-tank" projectile, accompanied by an AC-130 are on their way to ensure insanity.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • fox
    fox Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I have a strong feeling the name i want will be gone in a mater of seconds lol but i guess we'll see
  • miles
    miles Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    skyle wrote: »
    Hmm would say but i dont want it to be taken by the time i can login when i finish work when CB comes out :D

the avatar you are using m8 i know the artist and i hope you have there permission to use it cause she does get very upset when people use it with out her permission. original artist posted that on deviantart.com
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • karmelia
    karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    ryuuzaki wrote: »
    I might create some Ryuuzaki's, just because it's my forum name. Won't actually use them to play with though.

Afraid to be PKed to no end by some frustrated forum users? :D
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • karmelia
    karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    irrlicht wrote: »
    My names are usualy taken

You want "Naruto" too?
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • deslug
    deslug Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Well my Char name wond be take bekase i made it my self took me 2 weeks to think about it :P
  • kokoro
    kokoro Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I'll surely be KoKoRo or KiSeKi... Maybe my old MMORPG Name, KoKoRoKiSeKi >.>

Or maybe Bavii!
    Or Stavv!
    Or Cudzz!

Got too many! D: But KoKoRo's mine! D:<