question about dq and else

Options
nihon
nihon Posts: 21 Arc User
edited August 2008 in Dungeons & Tactics
hi

what in the (perfect) world is the purpose of dragon quest - or whatever it is called in pw int - when you're a low level char? it either costs a lot of teleport fee, or a lot of time flying to the spots. the rewards are: not being able to sell the dq-items, because you think you *have* to keep them, thus being broke half the time, unable to finance simple repairs, etc, being pissed cause you need to scroll down in your quest book to get a look at your normal quests (yea, getting on my nerves, seriously^^) plus of course the tablets, of which you seem to need a good many to purchase whatever dragon tablet emissary has got to sell.

i played pw my for a while now, including doing dq whenever i was able to but i'm really in doubt about the benefits, especially as a low lvl char... when playing pw int i thought about not doing dq until 60? 80? - or at least until the mobs are onhits with aoe skills - and meanwhile selling all the dq stuff to npcs, whats your opinion on that?

second question is about celestial stones. i dont have any idea what they're good for, but i wonder if its better to keep heave/hell/human/fragment stones as they are, or making mirage stones out of them.
Post edited by nihon on

Comments

• embl3m
    embl3m Posts: 494 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    dq gives easy cheap xp if you dont sell the items

you use hell heaven ect ect stones to make mirage stones which you can use to + your EQ to at the max 3 because after +3 it becomes impossible to plus it.
  • taelrak
    taelrak Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    nihon wrote: »
    hi

what in the (perfect) world is the purpose of dragon quest - or whatever it is called in pw int - when you're a low level char? it either costs a lot of teleport fee, or a lot of time flying to the spots. the rewards are: not being able to sell the dq-items, because you think you *have* to keep them, thus being broke half the time, unable to finance simple repairs, etc, being pissed cause you need to scroll down in your quest book to get a look at your normal quests (yea, getting on my nerves, seriously^^) plus of course the tablets, of which you seem to need a good many to purchase whatever dragon tablet emissary has got to sell.

i played pw my for a while now, including doing dq whenever i was able to but i'm really in doubt about the benefits, especially as a low lvl char... when playing pw int i thought about not doing dq until 60? 80? - or at least until the mobs are onhits with aoe skills - and meanwhile selling all the dq stuff to npcs, whats your opinion on that?

second question is about celestial stones. i dont have any idea what they're good for, but i wonder if its better to keep heave/hell/human/fragment stones as they are, or making mirage stones out of them.

DQ isn't a bad alternative when you have to do a little grinding anyway, since there's one leg of the quest that offers to let you grind some mobs.

Don't sell dq mats to npcs - sell them to players in stalls, you make more of a return. The other benefit of DQ is that the tablets can be traded for a few decent items and mounts there. I think the 2 horses look neat, even if they're a bit slow. The lvl86 ring is the best ring a caster can use for a long time, unless you're lucky enough to have an event ring. The other equipment isn't horrible, though a bit pricey for the stats.

Still, if all you want is the eq, you can just sell the mats and buy the tablets.

There's no particular reason to keep the heaven/hell/human stones separate - they just take up room. You will need some at 89 though, so don't convert all of them.
  • nihon
    edited August 2008
    Options
    so there's no point in heave/hell/human/fragment stones but to make mirage stones out of them?

exp.. sure, but from what i can tell, until mid 40's - my lvl atm - doing quests and eunice is pretty much enough to get frequent level ups.. so.. dont really get the point of doing dq early

/edit: thx, taelrak, that made it clear for me =]
  • kaeriin
    kaeriin Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    embl3m wrote: »
    dq gives easy cheap xp if you dont sell the items

you use hell heaven ect ect stones to make mirage stones which you can use to + your EQ to at the max 3 because after +3 it becomes impossible to plus it.

More misinformation

Items can be upgraded to +12 AFAIK, but the chances are HORRIBLY low, so much so that you are basically forced to buy "dragon balls" to make sure the upgrade is successful, and obviously they are item mall only
  • embl3m
    embl3m Posts: 494 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    kaeriin wrote: »
    More misinformation

Items can be upgraded to +12 AFAIK, but the chances are HORRIBLY low, so much so that you are basically forced to buy "dragon balls" to make sure the upgrade is successful, and obviously they are item mall only

I Beileve plusing past 3 is under a 1% chance unless the chart i looked at was wrong o.O
  • kaeriin
    kaeriin Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    embl3m wrote: »
    I Beileve plusing past 3 is under a 1% chance unless the chart i looked at was wrong o.O

Yeah sorry I didnt mean to be rude, but if you are serious about upgrading you really have to get those dragon balls since they guarantee a 100% chance... Im sure thats how all the best players have +8 and stuff on their items
  • taelrak
    taelrak Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    kaeriin wrote: »
    Yeah sorry I didnt mean to be rude, but if you are serious about upgrading you really have to get those dragon balls since they guarantee a 100% chance... Im sure thats how all the best players have +8 and stuff on their items

Pretty much. You get golden eggs which can drop up to a +3 dracon pearl. Or you can buy pearls directly from the item shop. Ah ... i remember making a fortune off of those...The good old days :p

Once you get an enchant up, you can also transfer it to other equipment (with a few limitations) with an insanely high # of fortune stones too. Needless to say, fortune stones are also a cash shop item :p
  • harrymc
    harrymc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Omg this game seems hard :S
  • warbeef
    warbeef Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Yes, yes it is. A game shouldn't be easy, it's no fun that way.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • nihon
    edited August 2008
    Options
    na dont think so, will take some months to learn about special information like the mentioned one, but thats the way with every good rpg.

anyway, another question:

what ways do you propose to make money? .. i've not been playing for a long time, so all i really know about is my char's (wf aka veno) skill- and statuspoints. no idea of crafting, any kind of trade between players or whatsoever. ill try to inform myself on whatever is necessary, but i need to know what that is^^ especially topics that concern making money, also as a low lvl ... the new patch did thwart me in this context since eggs as from now sell to npcs for 1 gold instead of some k -.-

so.. what's to know? :]