Options
2»

Comments

• holz
    holz Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    taelrak wrote: »
    "Best" is measured in tangible results. Warlord is without argument currently the "best" guild in Oracle due to total levels, equipment, and territories.

WL also isn't the only guild with people in it that share accounts or "cheat' - it's just the most conspicuous and takes the most flak because it's the most well-known. Malaysia, Black, Reborn, New Era, all have had people who have been caught botting, using the jump ****, character-sharing, etc. at various times, while getting off very lightly.

There's a lot of envy going around on Oracle with people hating how WL excludes others from doing this or that, but that happens with every single guild. WL just happens to be the biggest guild that does it and manages to succeed at it. Even without WL in the picture, guilds argue, KOS to lower morale and cause defections, and fight all the time over events, TW and whatnot. WL didn't invent this.

Sure, a "nice" guild would be sharing and caring and all that, but let's face it, people don't play on the internet to be "nice" - any mmorpg forum is testament to that.

Do you really think if WL fell and Black took over as the undisputed top guild, things would be any different? If some guild in PWI took over as a hegemon, do you really think anything would be different? Let's not be naive here.
    guessing ur a friend of warlords or and ex warlord member..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • taelrak
    taelrak Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    holz wrote: »
    guessing ur a friend of warlords or and ex warlord member..

I was friends with specific people in WL--but also with people in guilds that hated them and were KOS with them, and have myself been in guilds that were KOS with them. I associate with people based on themselves as individuals, not by guild tag.
    If it makes you feel better, I've turned down every offer to join WL that I received.

I'm just a realist. You may hate what WL does, but it's no different from any other guild in that position. Go to Delphi and ask people how they feel about Immortal. Go to any other mmorpg and ask how people feel about the top guild there. I see the exact same thing happening in WoW, AoC, Lineage, FFXI (slightly less because linkshells aren't exclusive there), etc. (It's also not quite so different from what the US does to the rest of the world as hegemon either, if you want to look at it that way).

Let's say RageQuit dominates the server as the undisputable top PVP guild on the server. I guarantee that it will do whatever it takes to keep that position of dominance, and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that. I also guarantee to you that people will resent them every bit as much as they resented WL if they're not in that guild.

After all, what exactly has WL done that hasn't been also done by every other major guild out there at some point or isn't a perfectly viable strategy in the game?
  • nique08
    nique08 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    well im up for making a warlord guild, except players who go around pking randomly, exploits and bad attitude players as well as the bullying and abusive attitude. =). i personally think neoneo is a really good GM. so im aiming to be like him. because despite all the months, i dont think he actually keeps the guilds gold to himself. he does distribute it accordingly.
    1 aim, 1 guild, 1 success story
    Work as 1, play as 1, fight as 1, succeed as 1
    Hope for the best, But prepared for the worse
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (I think there is a spy among us)

Oracle
    Nique - EA 86
    AbuseElf - EA 96
    Other Chars too but lower than 80 not worth mentioning =)

Current -
    Nique - WB 1
  • taelrak
    edited August 2008
    Options
    nique08 wrote: »
    well im up for making a warlord guild, except players who go around pking randomly, exploits and bad attitude players as well as the bullying and abusive attitude. =). i personally think neoneo is a really good GM. so im aiming to be like him. because despite all the months, i dont think he actually keeps the guilds gold to himself. he does distribute it accordingly.

You mean unlike a certain GM...? :p

Anyways, my only hope for any guild in PWI is...NO MORE ENGRISH...

... please?
  • haiz
    haiz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Can I start a Myth so we can create more drama to the server? Think of a new name and do the same thing as Warlords did, use your brain and get a little creativity going.
  • tres
    tres Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Haiz?! same one from Oracle?!
  • espionis
    espionis Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    lol. Can't recreate perfection. Har har har.
  • taelrak
    edited August 2008
    Options
    espionis wrote: »
    lol. Can't recreate perfection. Har har har.

No one asked you to recreate me :p
  • rokuhara
    rokuhara Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    ark wrote: »
    There will be no WarLord guild in this server. The server, in its entirety, is so far completely against this. You're, however, very welcome to join my guild. :). If you know ReBorn from Oracle, then you know what I'm shooting for.

If anyone is interested in ReBorn I could have a talk with our GM, and see what I can do. It would not be PW without ReBorn eh? I will post a thread in the main guild forums later to see what kind of support we have for ReBorn....

ROKU
    ReBorn
  • haiz
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Are you sure ReBorn can survive in a PvP server without hiding behind Warlord? (hopes to start flame wars again)
  • rokuhara
    edited August 2008
    Options
    taelrak wrote: »
    I was friends with specific people in WL--but also with people in guilds that hated them and were KOS with them, and have myself been in guilds that were KOS with them. I associate with people based on themselves as individuals, not by guild tag.
    If it makes you feel better, I've turned down every offer to join WL that I received.

I'm just a realist. You may hate what WL does, but it's no different from any other guild in that position. Go to Delphi and ask people how they feel about Immortal. Go to any other mmorpg and ask how people feel about the top guild there. I see the exact same thing happening in WoW, AoC, Lineage, FFXI (slightly less because linkshells aren't exclusive there), etc. (It's also not quite so different from what the US does to the rest of the world as hegemon either, if you want to look at it that way).

Let's say RageQuit dominates the server as the undisputable top PVP guild on the server. I guarantee that it will do whatever it takes to keep that position of dominance, and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that. I also guarantee to you that people will resent them every bit as much as they resented WL if they're not in that guild.

After all, what exactly has WL done that hasn't been also done by every other major guild out there at some point or isn't a perfectly viable strategy in the game?

You say you see others as individuals not as a guild... so why must you bring the US into this, you might say your talking about the GOV, but I have family in the military and you are talking directly about them, please stick to the MMO world and don't bring the US into it. See people for who they are, and not the GoV they represent...

I'm sorry but that really bugs me, this is a fantasy world, a game, Politics has nothing to do with it. :confused:

ROKU
    ReBorn
  • rokuhara
    edited August 2008
    Options
    haiz wrote: »
    Are you sure ReBorn can survive in a PvP server without hiding behind Warlord? (hopes to start flame wars again)

Well if your looking to start a flame with ReBorn... LoL good luck.. others that are not in ReBorn may choose to differ and feed into ur nonsense, but as for ReBorn members..

We are fine with who we are and what we represent. You can't make everyone happy eh? :p

ROKU
    ReBorn
  • haiz
    edited August 2008
    Options
    rokuhara wrote: »
    Well if your looking to start a flame with ReBorn... LoL good luck.. others that are not in ReBorn may choose to differ and feed into ur nonsense, but as for ReBorn members..

We are fine with who we are and what we represent. You can't make everyone happy eh? :p

ROKU
    ReBorn

Actually I know of events and people who quit ReBorn back in Oracle that can prove that statement false. Then again, because they quit ReBorn they aren't part of your "we", huh?

Oh, I was in ReBorn myself once upon a time a long time ago though.
  • Kyaan - Dreamweaver
    Kyaan - Dreamweaver Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    ^^ I guess you guys need a freshen up on WarLord.
    WarLord does have a site/personal youtube/photobucket/in other games and even their own 2 ventrilo servers. Plus WarLord is buying server files and launching their own PServer. WarLord experienced a horrible pserver that was corrupted and ran by one guild. So warlord is now opening up their own server that will not be corrupted (some of you may beg to differ.) But unless your on our main server now or in the guild and know the changes that have happened in warlord then you cant say much. Old warlord is what you guys are talking bout the old corrupted rich **** guild that bullied everyone. Servers are merged now and we have new leadership and a new goal. you can even check out our website to read our news and updates on all of this and just to see what we are up to. We do have a small branch on International here b:shutup

http://www.warlordguild.com

Many of you might not know me, but im the head ADMIN for warlords website/files and recruitment. Im also here to help branch out and welcome those that would like to join our family b:cute
    Character : Kyandeisu
    Level/Class : 96/WF(Venomancer)
    Character : Jovent
    Level/Class : 100/EA(Archer)
    Guild : ☆WarLord☆
    Version : PWMY

Character : ZeroJigoku
    Level/Class : 56/Assassin
    Level/Class : 56/EP(Cleric)
    Server : Lost City
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Barbariankev - Heavens Tear
    Barbariankev - Heavens Tear Posts: 831 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    epic necro off a thread should already have been locked cause off all the flaming
    its impossible to always do the right thing we all make mistakes i am not different from that
    just try to be a good person

english isn't my native language so there might be a few spelling/grammatical errors in my posts
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    ^^ I guess you guys need a freshen up on WarLord.
    WarLord does have a site/personal youtube/photobucket/in other games and even their own 2 ventrilo servers. Plus WarLord is buying server files and launching their own PServer. WarLord experienced a horrible pserver that was corrupted and ran by one guild. So warlord is now opening up their own server that will not be corrupted (some of you may beg to differ.) But unless your on our main server now or in the guild and know the changes that have happened in warlord then you cant say much. Old warlord is what you guys are talking bout the old corrupted rich **** guild that bullied everyone. Servers are merged now and we have new leadership and a new goal. you can even check out our website to read our news and updates on all of this and just to see what we are up to. We do have a small branch on International here b:shutup

http://www.warlordguild.com

Many of you might not know me, but im the head ADMIN for warlords website/files and recruitment. Im also here to help branch out and welcome those that would like to join our family b:cute

If you're so great with websites, why don't you check dates before you post? It's been over a year since this thread was last posted in, obviously the information isn't "up to date".

Necro necro necro aryannamage andracil <--for locking purposes b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Kyaan - Dreamweaver
    Kyaan - Dreamweaver Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    If you're so great with websites, why don't you check dates before you post? It's been over a year since this thread was last posted in, obviously the information isn't "up to date".

Necro necro necro aryannamage andracil <--for locking purposes b:surrender

-rereads wut i said- never said anything about "being so great with websites" Plus a friend sent me the link to this thread topic. Found it quiet humorous to read all the replies. be sure to read before you post :) its better that way you dont put words in that were never there.
    Level/Class : 96/WF(Venomancer)
    Character : Jovent
    Level/Class : 100/EA(Archer)
    Version : PWMY

Character : ZeroJigoku
    Level/Class : 56/Assassin
    Level/Class : 56/EP(Cleric)
    Server : Lost City