Error on startup

Options
millipede
millipede Posts: 2 Arc User
edited August 2008 in Support Desk
I downloaded and verified PW without any problems. But then I started the game... It looked great at first. I saw the login screen with the pretty background, but then suddenly the game crashed. My screen turned black and I had to reboot my PC. After that all kinds of lines and crazy dots appeared on my screen while booting up my system. I had to start Windows in Safe Mode and reinstall my video drivers to fix the problem. I have an nVidia Geforce 6800 GT.

So, after this I decided to try again. Started up the game, black screen, but saw the animated cursor. Then, after a few seconds, the game quits and I get this error:

gx2Ka950.jpg

Does anyone else have this problem? And more important: how to fix this. Thanks.
Post edited by millipede on

Comments

• embl3m
    embl3m Posts: 494 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I would try reinstalling
  • ryuuzaki
    ryuuzaki Posts: 680 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Click onto http://www.merijn.org/programs.php
    Download the program called HijackThis. Run a scan and save a log file. Copy the contents of the log file, and paste up here.

I'll see if there's anything installed on your system that may be causing a conflict.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • millipede
    millipede Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Thanks for your replies. I reinstalled the game and the problem is gone. No more crash in the login screen and no more error. Strange. Maybe I had old video card drivers, since I reinstalled them as well.

So this thread can get closed. Thanks again.
  • ryuuzaki
    ryuuzaki Posts: 680 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Hmm, alright. That is a bit weird. Oh well, the main thing is it's working normally, so I will indeed close this for you. If you have any other problems, just post again. ^_^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.