INTERNATIONALvsMY

Options
vraciu
vraciu Posts: 0 Arc User
edited August 2008 in General Discussion
Ok, this is a more pragmatic point of view, but, what does PW-international offer in comparison with pw-my? From my view, i came here bcz of the community, and I am decided to stay. But from a future players perspective, what has this server to offer to make me quit my and come here?

Just curious :D
Post edited by vraciu on

Comments

• bandaria
    bandaria Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I can only hope the ping is better to int servers rather than my servers. Fun game to high latency from us to my.
  • stroopwafel
    stroopwafel Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    From what I understand from the forum, they will localize the game a lot more, like the typo's, grammar etc. They'll probably also schedual events to include as many people as possible (seeing as PhPW and PW-MY focus more on Philipino and Malaysian players). This means that more people will join in the game and 9/10 will be able to speak English ;)
  • embl3m
    embl3m Posts: 494 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    territory war / event times will be set to fit NA players

Less lag (hopefully..)

Supposedly they will care if people use hacks / bots.

And from what i understand its more up to date
  • vraciu
    vraciu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    that sounds really good. But, whats that about North-America time for events? I thought it PW international, not NA or US :D
  • kyou
    kyou Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Insanely lots of stuff. Check FAQ for it.
  • fireblood
    fireblood Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    vraciu wrote: »
    Ok, this is a more pragmatic point of view, but, what does PW-international offer in comparison with pw-my? From my view, i came here bcz of the community, and I am decided to stay. But from a future players perspective, what has this server to offer to make me quit my and come here?

Just curious :D
    Its international which means i can finaly play PW (yay)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • embl3m
    embl3m Posts: 494 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    vraciu wrote: »
    that sounds really good. But, whats that about North-America time for events? I thought it PW international, not NA or US :D

The servers are located in the US.
  • c453m4573r
    c453m4573r Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    The only thing I didn't like about PW MY was the problems with the servers. And I never understood any storylines because of the Engrish. See what I mean?
    It making me depression.

2008-06-1121-50-152.jpg
  • kitsunee
    kitsunee Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    c453m4573r wrote: »
    The only thing I didn't like about PW MY was the problems with the servers. And I never understood any storylines because of the Engrish. See what I mean?
    It making me depression.

2008-06-1121-50-152.jpg

I'm in Orchid, not Orchis Valley! Doh!
    Oh well as long as I find this 'Fishing Village IN the North East of Ancient Dragon City' soon, it'll all be ok xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mirbeau
    mirbeau Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    c453m4573r wrote: »
    It making me depression.

2008-06-1121-50-152.jpg

From the UK, have not had a problem with lag on my-en for ages. The translations are also part of the fun ;-)

In the case of the class names, much better on my-en: bring back werefoxes and warriors! Why must a fist or axe WR get called a blademaster?! Don't even go there with the lame venomancer... Doesn't bode well....

I'll be trying this out because a lot of the my-en guild I'm in are US based. Hopefully the servers won't become too US-centric or monolingual - international = :)

The competition should be good for both international and my-en (so long as neither chicken-out by locking down ips). International website better.

MY-EN also has pretty good GMs (try Silkroad Online if you think otherwise)... Lets see if the international version have the will to keep racism, homophobia, spam, etc... out of world chat

May neither version prevail!
    (keeps 'em on their toes)
  • c453m4573r
    edited August 2008
    Options
    mirbeau wrote: »
    From the UK, have not had a problem with lag on my-en for ages. The translations are also part of the fun ;-)

In the case of the class names, much better on my-en: bring back werefoxes and warriors! Why must a fist or axe WR get called a blademaster?! Don't even go there with the lame venomancer... Doesn't bode well....

I'll be trying this out because a lot of the my-en guild I'm in are US based. Hopefully the servers won't become too US-centric or monolingual - international = :)

The competition should be good for both international and my-en (so long as neither chicken-out by locking down ips). International website better.

MY-EN also has pretty good GMs (try Silkroad Online if you think otherwise)... Lets see if the international version have the will to keep racism, homophobia, spam, etc... out of world chat

May neither version prevail!
    (keeps 'em on their toes)

Yeah. Translations were funny, I guess. And there wasn't any lag for me either. I'm talking about the ping problems and server connection.

I don't really like the new names much either. The blademaster thing didn't get to me too much since my WR used blades. LOL But venomancer will get on my nerves..
    I liked the GMs of MY EN. No complaint there. I'm actually worried that this international version will have an unfriendly community. Prepare to hear the words: Noob, failure, and scammer, be repeated constantly. Along with more racism and homophobia.

And the international website is better. It works faster for me because it's located in America, and I like the show of videos and the layout better.

The bright side of this is that it's just a beta test. So you could play to test it, and if you don't like it, back to Malaysia..
  • ayako55
    ayako55 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Well, what just came out for MY-EN yesterday, was a new patch for new skills. I don't think we will be getting that for a while here.... Which is a good thing.

The quests to get the new skills are annoying is why :mad:
    The things that MY-EN doesnt have are the many mounts and aviations they will be offering. Atleast I think from what I've seen on the vidoes. (Swordsman mounts I guess)
    Xtacy
  • c453m4573r
    edited August 2008
    Options
    ayako55 wrote: »
    Well, what just came out for MY-EN yesterday, was a new patch for new skills. I don't think we will be getting that for a while here.... Which is a good thing.

The quests to get the new skills are annoying is why :mad:
    The things that MY-EN doesnt have are the many mounts and aviations they will be offering. Atleast I think from what I've seen on the vidoes. (Swordsman mounts I guess)

I have heard a few complaints about the MY EN patch. Is everything alright? Which version will have more stuff? If I don't like international, will MY still be good to fall back on?
  • keithtan69
    keithtan69 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I only stay for a version that offer housing. Who get first get my money.:cool:
  • ren
    ren Posts: 662 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    The only thing PW-MY has to offer is suckage, there shouldn't even be consideration of it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Official PWI irc: (mirc command, opens in a new window and won't interfere with any servers you're already on) /server -m irc.deltaanime.net -j #pwint