How do you use 7zip once youve downloaded it?

Options
rex
rex Posts: 25 Arc User
edited August 2008 in Support Desk
ok i downloaded 7zip and AM downloading perfect world for ... the 5th time and when its done how do i extract it with 7zip? and by the way.. why does the download of Perfect World slow down a lot?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by rex on

Comments

• rex
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Oh and by Perfect World download slows down is sometimes it goes to Bytes and then it goes to MB then K.... and just skips around speeds. then i pause and resume the download to make it go to megabytes again... is this cause other ppl are downloading it?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ryuuzaki
    ryuuzaki Posts: 680 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Possibly... but it's never a constant download rate. It will likely fluctuate more the further you are from the server.

For 7-Zip, just right-click the zip file.. you should see a 7-Zip submenu. Follow that to the right, and select "Extract to Perfect_World_International\"

It should make a new folder for you and put all the files in there. Then just double-click the Install.exe file to begin installation.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rex
    edited August 2008
    Options
    can i make a copy of the completed Perfect World? so if i mess it up i can use another copy without redowloading?... ive downloaded it so many times that it went from 8 hours to 2 hours to complete the download why is that?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ryuuzaki
    ryuuzaki Posts: 680 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I recommend backing up/saving the Zip file if you can (once you know it works, of course).

The time to complete changes based on whatever download rate you're currently getting. If you were getting 100kb/s and it showed 8 hours, then if your download rate suddenly jumped to 400kb/s then the time would drop to 2 hours. Providing that rate is maintained, of course. If it dropped back to 100kb/s then the time to complete would go back up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.