The Chr you picked and why

Options
ichi
ichi Posts: 5 Arc User
edited August 2008 in Dungeons & Tactics
as stated in the title.. *raises hand* ..i'll go first
I was thinking of dual axe.. but from what i heard there will be tons.. just like the overly abused Archer class.. so maybe ...veno !?.. so hard to decide !!! 5 more days to pick.. hmmmm
Post edited by ichi on

Comments

• dai
    dai Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Both Blademasters and Barbarians can use dual axes. People will choose those 2 classes if they like melee. Archers are a good early PVP class, so yeah, there will probably be a lot of those. Soloers often choose Venomancers. And of course, there's the Wizard and Cleric classes for all those magic lovers. I'm going to be a Barbarian since I like to tank :D
  • yeshua
    yeshua Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    barbarian to try something new
  • embl3m
    embl3m Posts: 494 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    i like playing EA because they're not gigantic failures.
  • fireblood
    fireblood Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I'm going to start with a venomancer and later play a wizard (cause i like doing magic :cool:)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • wimpknuckles
    wimpknuckles Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Archer because I want the wings.
    Yes, big fail, but now I've seen some gameplay on the RQ site of the Archer I'm getting more and more pumped for this class! and now I don't want anything else.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.
    When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.
  • amoeba
    amoeba Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I wanted an assassin type class but since there are none of them im confused. I would prolly go for archers but they are the class most affected by lagg (and i am like the king of lagg) so not sure yet. But definatly NOT a magic class thats for sure :cool: .
  • xii
    xii Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    magic users are equally affected by lag. this can be easily noticed if you cast spells a couple seconds after you hit the darn button for that skill.

i'll probably try out cleric more extensively, since i already have played quite a bit with my archer in the PW-EN. both classes were great in my opinion, so i might actually just juggle between the two.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lockhart
    lockhart Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I'll propably go for Venomancer at first, since thats what I played in MY version. Other classes I'll propably try are archer and cleric, archer cause I like bows & stuff, cleric cause they seem fun ^_^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Mihimaru ~ 4x Venomancer ~ Starlight ~ Heaven's Tear
    CB tester :D
  • moonbeam
    moonbeam Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    going for ep again ......
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • shobo
    shobo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Cleric for shure.........I love to fly and magic is my specialty:D
  • vyron
    vyron Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    embl3m wrote: »
    i like playing EA because they're not gigantic failures.
    Failure is not based on the class but the player controlling it. ;)
  • ganja
    ganja Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    BladeMaster -> Spear
    or Archer.

I'll try both ;)
  • ark
    ark Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Well, I picked Wizard. They look pretty sweet in PK/PvP(videos?), and are excellent in TW. They're also a more challenging class to play, which means more fun. I like hitting high numbers, it's a great change from the Blademaster I played, and Wizards were an uncommon class in MyEn and will likely end up being the same, so that's some rep for the underplayed class.
    As a Guild,

Live as One, fight as One, win as One.
    Strength in Unity,
    Order through Chaos,
    Victory united.
  • sigoh
    sigoh Posts: 341 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I picked Cleric cuz they aare not only essential assist Characters, but theey are pretty good at soloing too (never in dungeons!!!).

also, their attacks are pretty o.o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Chaotic Oblivion~Fated Twilight~Eternal Sorrow~Corrupted Fidelity
  • ark
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Ah. You changed your mind on Blademaster, then? Guess that means another Cleric for the guild, yay.
    As a Guild,

Strength in Unity,
    Order through Chaos,
    Victory united.
  • sigoh
    edited August 2008
    Options
    yea, Blade master got boring v.v

and having to watch your friend die is traumatizing in a game. lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ark
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Huh. I guess that's why I hang around some pretty tough guys - we're built too tough to die :cool:. Though, I guess as a Wizard I have a (nasty-long casting) healing spell if I need it. So it's all good.
    As a Guild,

Strength in Unity,
    Order through Chaos,
    Victory united.
  • sigoh
    edited August 2008
    Options
    and besides, as an EP, I can look like a girl even though im a guy ;p the hair they have for them is really feminine x.x
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ark
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Well, while I don't really know why you'd want to do that, yeah, that's an option. TheBird from Oracle demostrated that female Clerics can look like guys, too. Nastiness, I tell you.
    As a Guild,

Strength in Unity,
    Order through Chaos,
    Victory united.
  • sigoh
    edited August 2008
    Options
    haha, thats just too funny ;p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • manderson
    manderson Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Hey, i am new to this game, but not new to MMO's...i well be a cleric, not sure how they are in this particular MMO, but i like healers...i have played healers in WoW/L2/etc...not sure about this game, but the only thing i hate about noobs in L2 when they are killing me or trying to kill me is that they really think that they've accomplished something by killing a toon that could not kill them lmao...i just tell them grats! hope you feel better now that you got to finally PK someone and then i say, well i guess i could have healed you to death lol...looking forward to playing this game with you guys and hopefully no one will die (too much) in my groups...ttyl
  • jefzor
    jefzor Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Clerics are a good choice if u like that kinda stuff.(and they can fly from lvl 1!)
    The classes are very balanced in this game, its the best to just pick one on instinct.
    I gonna take the MG again (or wizard, whatever).
  • slimjim1990
    slimjim1990 Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    im prob just going to use cleric so i can get into parties alot easier....i normaly use a fighter/tank class or a magic damage class but i think im gonna try it alittle different on this game.
  • embl3m
    embl3m Posts: 494 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    ichi wrote: »
    as stated in the title.. *raises hand* ..i'll go first
    I was thinking of dual axe.. but from what i heard there will be tons.. just like the overly abused Archer class.. so maybe ...veno !?.. so hard to decide !!! 5 more days to pick.. hmmmm

How is the EA a abused class?
  • vraciu
    vraciu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I think im going priest also. I played just a little in PW-EN, and managed to get about lvl 13 until thyre servers kinda broke down. I got mad and stopped playing. But i still wanna try it, seemed very interesting, and a nice change of pace in comparison with your usual no-damage-only-heal-no-solo-only-party-class.
  • kyou
    kyou Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Male cleric elf.... I like challenges and I like wings :3
    Oh, I like green numbers too. Like... healing ones.
    Good "why's", aren't they?
  • awesomeness
    awesomeness Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    ELF CLERIC ALL THE WAY!
    You'll see how fast I can own :cool:
  • sonata
    sonata Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Probably Vancomancer or Cleric, haven't really decided.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lost City PVP: SonataStar - Venomancer 1x
  • kaeriin
    kaeriin Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Cleric first, probably Venomancer second, or maybe both at the same time since having two characters going in this game is nice, for those who dont like grinding

As was said before, the Cleric in this game rocks for the fact that he deals insanely high dmg if you build him the right way, so its not just another healing machine that cant do anything else.. I love the variety it allows, I can focus on killing stuff if my party doesnt need my healing, but if it does, its there and I can use it whenever I want to
  • ssrev
    ssrev Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    probably going to pick a class I dont want to play on permanently for the CB, since it'll be wiped (to try it out n such).