Pros and Cons for Cleric

Options
leon
leon Posts: 42 Arc User
edited September 2008 in Cleric
Basically post your knowledge and or past experiences of the good and bad sides of the Cleric class.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
~Leon
Post edited by leon on

Comments

• emma
    emma Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    pros-
    you can afk..alot :D in hh, fb, aoe..lol just put up your array ^^
    everyones always begging for ep ><
    they do nice damage unlike in other games where the healer..just..heals..
    can be good in pvp if you play it right
    you can torture the **** in your group and not heal them ;)
    nice debuffs for enemy (phys/mag def reduce)
    sleep/stun on enemy

cons-
    burns mana hiero like omg ><
    basically useless without a mana hiero..in pve and pvp
    tend to die and have to be the one to go to town/res scroll and lose your precious xp >< unless you buy dolls to save it..
    physical def.sucks.really.bad. unless you + your phys adorn/necklace up really high or go light armor..

missing a lot but thats all I can think of right now :rolleyes:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • linctus
    linctus Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I play a Cleric (level 78) on my PW-MY server.

PROS:

A skilful EP (Cleric on this server?) can make the difference between the entire party succeding or failing in an FB, and a good Cleric will be very respected in the game.

You will always be called on for assistance with parties (pretty much every kind of team needs at least one tank, and one healer).

CONS:

You are weak, and will be targetted by people out for a PK festival, or if they have had a bad day and want someone to take it out on.

You will be expected to rez your team mates half way across the map whenever they call.

For an HH run or AoE party, you will be expected to have spent money on an MP Heiro - Even if you don't actually get the drops in the dungeon to pay for it, and end up out of pocket.

You run out of Skill points quickly and it is very expensive to learn new skills/spells.
  • r00st3r
    r00st3r Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    funny words
    "PK Festival"

lmfao!!
  • prosper
    prosper Posts: 335 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Cons:

Everything that can possibly go wrong in a party MUST be blamed on the healer. It's the laws of logic.
  • senovit
    senovit Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    If you heal when they agro 5 mobs without hitting 4 of them, and die, causing a party wipe, it's your fault.

If you don't heal when they agro 5 mobs without hitting 4 of them, and they die, it's your fault.

Poor priests :<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • r00st3r
    r00st3r Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    if u have bad internet or internet problems n get booted during a party n all ur party mates just die !!

" ITS UR FAULT "
  • linctus
    linctus Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    r00st3r wrote: »
    funny words
    "PK Festival"

lmfao!!
    I aim to please :D
  • sigoh
    sigoh Posts: 341 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Pros:
    -at really low levels (under 10) magic attacks are on par with Wizards
    -widest array of buffs/healing spells
    -some of the fastest levelers until about level 15.
    -you can fly from level 1
    - always wanted in parties

Cons:
    - physical defense? whats that? :confused:
    -clerics really are party based after level 15 and before lvl 50 ( i think its 50)
    -who heals the healer? :(
    -gold? If your a Cleric you won't see much. its all gone buying mana potions.
    -your attacks in dungeons are ****, thats when you become pure heal.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Chaotic Oblivion~Fated Twilight~Eternal Sorrow~Corrupted Fidelity
  • erado
    erado Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    from what ive seen playing cleric, its probably one of the most versatile classes, especially if you are solo questing until lvl 60.
    you can alway heal, buff and remove statusses of yourself
    other pros have been named above already indeed

cons are the same for each intelligence class, safe for WF in some situations.
    low hp, low phys defense
    use ALOT of mana
    needs a lot of skillpoints
  • sakuchan
    sakuchan Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    prosper wrote: »
    Cons:

Everything that can possibly go wrong in a party MUST be blamed on the healer. It's the laws of logic.

*ahem* Correction
    Healers only HELP/ASSIST/AID you in staying alive. You don't just throw your life to the healers hands and tell them that it's their responsibility from now on to keep you alive. It's rather immature to blame them because YOU died while in a party with a healer. You have control over your own character believe it or not. *gasp*
  • kyou
    kyou Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Lol sakuchan's first post!
    Grats on 'Nam-like philosophy :D
  • zimmia
    zimmia Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    sakuchan wrote: »
    *ahem* Correction
    Healers only HELP/ASSIST/AID you in staying alive. You don't just throw your life to the healers hands and tell them that it's their responsibility from now on to keep you alive. It's rather immature to blame them because YOU died while in a party with a healer. You have control over your own character believe it or not. *gasp*

Of course you're absolutely right. In just about any MMO I've played (and some try it when we're tabletop too) you will always get the people who refuse to take any responsibility for their own health.

In reality it's a two way street. If a front line fighter is managing aggro and doing their job then I don't have a problem sticking with them when it gets dangerous. If some munchkin jumps three groups ahead of the party and then starts spamming "heal meh!" they're quite disappointed.

Looking forward to beta launch...
  • desirai
    desirai Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    prosper wrote: »
    Cons:

Why yes, yes it is.
  • sakuchan
    edited August 2008
    Options
    zimmia wrote: »
    Of course you're absolutely right. In just about any MMO I've played (and some try it when we're tabletop too) you will always get the people who refuse to take any responsibility for their own health.

In reality it's a two way street. If a front line fighter is managing aggro and doing their job then I don't have a problem sticking with them when it gets dangerous. If some munchkin jumps three groups ahead of the party and then starts spamming "heal meh!" they're quite disappointed.

Looking forward to beta launch...

Thank you, someone with a sensible mind.
  • sakuchan
    edited August 2008
    Options
    kyou wrote: »
    Lol sakuchan's first post!
    Grats on 'Nam-like philosophy :D

XD sankyu :D
  • keanica
    keanica Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    EP's mare fun, but I hate rude people who get mean when you can't heal them or when you res them and they loose more exp then they expected. >_<
  • cqu3nce
    cqu3nce Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    the best stats allocation for a cleric build would be in Vitality and INT, dont place anything on

agility or str unless it specifically asked you to add these attributes on it. such as in magic

swords, some of em wants 9 strs and if thats the final sword on the game, then cap your str

based on that and focus on your main stats and that would be on INT and VIT. hope this helps

and broaden your understanding on it.