Front Page Countdown

Options
dagered
dagered Posts: 2 Arc User
edited August 2008 in General Discussion
I just noticed this timer is based on the system clock for your computer. So I changed my clock to August 18 at 8 pm and it says 3 hours til it's release, which isn't correct. Does anyone know which timezone they're using to determine when to release the game? I know it's August 19th, but is that eatern time?
Post edited by dagered on

Comments

• monkeybone
    monkeybone Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I wanted to write about the exact same thing last friday but i had to leave town and i couldn't... Please GM's resolve this problem ASAP!
    Thank you.
  • troll
    troll Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    the timer is a fail.
  • deathcrazy16
    deathcrazy16 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Well it seems like its Pst and it goes by your system clock witch would mean it would open on 12 am on Tuesday.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tres
    tres Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Lets really put this into perspective 18 @ 8 + 3 = 18 @ 11. Just watch the timer and see when it hits 0 for you. Honestly I think it was set up to run off your own PC's clock to a certain point in time so there wouldn't be thousands of "When is that in my time" posts.
  • dagered
    dagered Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I was rounding on the time. It still was showing it to hit 0 at midnight on the 19th, not 11 on the 18th, but midnight is relative to where you are. They should have the counter the same no matter what your system clock is so you really know when the game is supposed to be live.
  • soukyuu
    soukyuu Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    dagered wrote: »
    They should have the counter the same no matter what your system clock is so you really know when the game is supposed to be live.
    That's what they don't know themselves, i think. Or maybe they are just not telling us yet.
    There is still one more day (+/-) to go.... doesn't really matter if it's going to start some hours sooner or later
    PW has been endless frustration for me #2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • monkeybone
    edited August 2008
    Options
    How can you say that????????? Of course it does matter!!!!!!
    :mad:

tres wrote: »
    Lets really put this into perspective 18 @ 8 + 3 = 18 @ 11. Just watch the timer and see when it hits 0 for you. Honestly I think it was set up to run off your own PC's clock to a certain point in time so there wouldn't be thousands of "When is that in my time" posts.

please re-read and then tell me that you understood a word you've written... How the f*** are there going to be "When is that in my time" posts if you see clearely that it will be in 7 hours?????????? Oh yaeh... you mean when is it gonna be in your time because your hours has not 60 minutes, right?
  • tres
    tres Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    monkeybone wrote: »
    How can you say that????????? Of course it does matter!!!!!!
    :mad:

please re-read and then tell me that you understood a word you've written... How the f*** are there going to be "When is that in my time" posts if you see clearely that it will be in 7 hours?????????? Oh yaeh... you mean when is it gonna be in your time because your hours has not 60 minutes, right?

TBH i shouldnt even bother answering your post but i can't just leave you ignorant.

I was referring to if they had just given a set time like 10 AM PST instead of a countdown.
  • desirai
    desirai Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    well, I'm in est and it's August 17th for me, and it's showing that it has less than a day til it opens. So I think it's broken.
  • troll
    edited August 2008
    Options
    ...if they had just given a set time like 10 AM PST instead of a countdown.

the countdown fails.
  • ello
    ello Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    troll wrote: »
    the countdown fails.
    the countdown is a lie? :D lmao people are watching it too much :p
  • ganja
    ganja Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Just check on the 19th if it works, if it doesnt and your tired of waiting just try again on the 20.

Come on your not gonna die for 1 day... and it isnt like your gonna loose time, 1month Cb.
  • karmelia
    karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    *Start hammering the login server until it works*
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • ello
    ello Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    karmelia wrote: »
    *Start hammering the login server until it works*

*joins in* :D
  • monkeybone
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I was referring to if they had just given a set time like 10 AM PST instead of a countdown.
    Maybe that was your intention but you never said anything in that direction. You tried to explain us what their intention was. We all know their intention but as others said before, they were lazy and made mistakes. And these mistakes are confusing everyone (who's time is not Californian Time) much, much more than a simple plain hour in PST, GMT and any other standard time...
  • neurosis
    neurosis Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I'm in PST, so my time should be the same as PW server times. There is 1 Day and 13 hours left. I think you can do the math from there. (37 hours)
  • ryuuzaki
    ryuuzaki Posts: 680 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I would imagine it will be sometime during the day on Tuesday, rather than at midnight. Admins need to sleep too.

Just don't rely on the countdown clock... it's more of a gimmick than a functional tool. ^_^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • troll
    edited August 2008
    Options
    ryuuzaki wrote: »
    ...Just don't rely on the countdown clock... it's more of a gimmick than a functional tool. ^_^

that's kind of a huge disappointment, you realise.
  • wimpknuckles
    wimpknuckles Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.
    When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.
  • neurosis
    neurosis Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options

LOL.. I was hoping never to hear that song again.. back in the 80's! :)
  • mult1sync
    mult1sync Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    there using GMT-8 PST
  • xbill
    xbill Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    LOL if u see at the bottom of this site ull see "All times are GMT-8. The time now is..."
    & then calculate...
  • trilient
    trilient Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    that makes me mad, I was so waiting, Now apparently I'm just ganna have to keep logging on at random times just figure out if the servers are up. Thanks alot for killing my hopes and dreams x.x
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    EmberGlades Vice Guild Master
    emberglades.forumotion.net
    Server: Lost City
  • xbill
    xbill Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    trilient wrote: »
    that makes me mad, I was so waiting, Now apparently I'm just ganna have to keep logging on at random times just figure out if the servers are up. Thanks alot for killing my hopes and dreams x.x

Dont u read my post!? it's upon yours BOTTOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • trilient
    edited August 2008
    Options
    yes, that adds 2 hours to my original release time, not to mention how long it'll take them to actually get the servers up. I was ganna wait and play it if it released at midnight, but I'll probly wait til tuesday morning before I get on, I'll miss the lagfest anyways
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • karmelia
    karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    xbill wrote: »
    LOL if u see at the bottom of this site ull see "All times are GMT-8. The time now is..."
    & then calculate...

GMT -7 with the Daylight Saving Time (they forgot to adjust the forum clock for it).
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • trilient
    edited August 2008
    Options
    karmelia wrote: »
    GMT -7 with the Daylight Saving Time (they forgot to adjust the forum clock for it).

hey you're right O_O, so that only adds 1 hour, but as previously posted, they probly aren't opening up exactly at midnight their time, So I'll probly still wait til tuesday morning ._.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • voidlurker
    voidlurker Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    And here i thought my time zone was special :(
  • monkeybone
    edited August 2008
    Options
    in conclusion: They messed up!
    A countdown should have nothing to do with the timezone you're in and that mean you should never have to calculate in your time the hours of the countdown.
    A countdown is general! It represents the exact hours it takes (in every time zone it's the same) for something to happen. If i make a countdown for something and that countdown starts from 8 hours, that means that in 8 hours that something will happen.
  • eonall
    eonall Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Summary: GIVE US A MOD ON THIS TOPIC NOW.

kthxbye.
This discussion has been closed.