Closed Beta - Test vs Play

Options
kantorek
kantorek Posts: 136 Arc User
edited August 2008 in General Discussion
Just curious as to how many people out there are actually going to "test" in the closed beta vs just playing for fun. :)

I'll be testing.. but that's a different story. ;)
朱健诚
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Maintenance is my Constant. b:surrender
Post edited by kantorek on

Comments

• ark
    ark Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    There should be much fun. In fact, I don't think it'll be anything but that for me.
    As a Guild,

Live as One, fight as One, win as One.
    Strength in Unity,
    Order through Chaos,
    Victory united.
  • darkghostd
    darkghostd Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    im gona do both:D. while testing il be having fun :D
    u hafto play the game to find bugs and all that right so u hafto have fun to be able to find bugs
    so actualy everyone is going to have fun and be there for 2 things :D

mabe 10% will be there just to play and not search :D
  • lockhart
    lockhart Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    My testing will propably be a matter of trying to get stuck and break the game in most imaginitive ways possible... So fun + testing go hand in hand for me ^_^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Mihimaru ~ 4x Venomancer ~ Starlight ~ Heaven's Tear
    CB tester :D
  • ence
    ence Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Research more than test on my part.
  • mazterl
    mazterl Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Testing, pure and simple.

Testing the graphics engine, testing gameplay, evaluate how the game is for me, testing server stability and testing a few classes.
    "Normality is the Death of Personality,
    Less Idelogy, More Fantasy."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ambie
    ambie Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    D; we'll see when i game i'll prob test and get distracted and bite people. That's always fun, they really need to make a bite emote rather than a kiss one well for me anyways.
  • apella
    apella Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Will try to get the game to crash in as many ways as possible, but I'm also gonna test out the different classes, so that I know what I want to play when OB or launch starts
  • fireblood
    fireblood Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I will test out the classes to know what i want to play when OB starts + ill see if i can find any bugs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dae
    dae Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    kantorek wrote: »
    I'll be testing.. but that's a different story. ;)

I'll be testing too, I played PW on Malaysian servers (MY-EN) already. There should not be many bugs as such, the game engine would be same as in the Chinese version. But the translation is another matter, I expect a lot of hilarious quest descriptions. I also hope they will not go the route of the MY-EN translation, i.e. translate all Chinese NPC names to "Americanese". It does not look right if an elder looking like a Shaolin monk is called John Silver or, worse yet, Jane Silver.

Also, in MY-EN, some mobs would be called differently in the quest description. Try to find 10 Magic Dogs if they are called, say, Hex Wolven ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • saindrake
    saindrake Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I'll be rather testing if the bugs that didn't get enough attention in MY will be more likely to get a fix here, except for some beneficial ones ;) I don't really mind foxies playing a lockdown from above on some bosses, especially that some bosses deserve nerfing

edit: is this just my luck that i keep landing as the first post on a new page..4th time in a row now i think
    by order of the inquisition you are NOT allowed to die in my vicinity, ill make sure to that
  • sealed
    sealed Posts: 781
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I think PWI should increase the exp rate and drop rate a little in Closed Beta so players can test at higher lvls and try to understand crafting from the drops.

sealed~
  • quilnar
    quilnar Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Honestly? I'll be playing for the most part and report bugs if I happen to come across one.

I would put some real effort into this CB if they adopted focus testing. Testing that focuses on a different level range, area or feature in the game every week or as often as every other day. If PW-MY had gone this route then the forest ruin incident among others could probably have been avoided or at the very least it would have had a high chance of becoming public knowledge during the test.
  • lipe124
    lipe124 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    How about this, explain to me how playing the game isnt testing it?

5000 ppl playing the game means that aeveryone just going about their normal business is actually going to use almost every feature this game possibly has. What do you plan to do to "test" the game? Are you going to make a char of each class, talk to every npc in game?(this part alone might take 1-3 months)

soo in conclusion.. silly topic. Just go and enjoy the game and kill some time till OB starts, familirize yourself with the basic gameplay and skills of the class you like the most. The testing part will happen automatic.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Higurashi no Naku Koro ni - Go watch it alone ;)
  • lochaine62
    lochaine62 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Just excited to get in there and try it out, like a kid on christmas morning! That's a pretty big accomplishment for the developers in my eye's, I'm an old **** LOL ;)
  • ello
    ello Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    sealed wrote: »
    I think PWI should increase the exp rate and drop rate a little in Closed Beta so players can test at higher lvls and try to understand crafting from the drops.

sealed~

That would be a good idea. Or maybe adjust it on the go. Otherwise 'higher' level stuff doesn't get tested too much?

I'll volunteer to do all the upgrade testing btw :D
  • karmelia
    karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    sealed wrote: »

Q : Will there be changes in XP or drops rates for closed/open beta?
    A : In order for our beta to be an effective test, we need the test environment to be as similar to the live environment as possible. Tweaking EXP or drop rate values during beta would taint our results and skew the data we'll be collecting. (Xarfox)
    ello wrote: »
    That would be a good idea. Or maybe adjust it on the go. Otherwise 'higher' level stuff doesn't get tested too much?

Gameplay wise, everything have been tested over and over agin on other version of this game. We are getting the same game that others are playing, only change are the translation and other localization changes. Everything else will be identical. Same quests, same skills, same pre-programmed events, same bugs.
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • ello
    ello Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    ^ Good point, one month is kinda short anyway now that I think of it. Still, old bugs? That's would be a contradiction in some way :p
  • tofu
    tofu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    for the fun :D:D
    and some researching (which server and which job and which craft yadda yadda yadda):D
  • kantorek
    kantorek Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    lipe124 wrote: »
    What do you plan to do to "test" the game? Are you going to make a char of each class, talk to every npc in game?(this part alone might take 1-3 months)

Ah.. if only you knew lol ;)
    朱健诚
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Maintenance is my Constant. b:surrender