Venomancer....the pawner in PVP?

Options
pabling
pabling Posts: 69 Arc User
edited August 2008 in Dungeons & Tactics
as far as my research in PW malaysia n' Philippines, venomancer are said to be the most powerful character than can be in PVP, with their pets attacking u while casting on u and debuffing u, Veno is really the worst thing that u will encounter in PVP....

even their same race, barbarians, is having a hard time killing this Venos (even a gigantic HP builds) cannot stand Venos debuff like bleed, etc. then their pesky pets and venos magic attack...owned....

so let's help everyone from those veterans, some guides on how to deal with Veno's...
Post edited by pabling on

Comments

• senovit
    senovit Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Venomancers are great 1v1, since most of their skills consist of disabling one opponent, and their pets are only able to attack one person at a time. Anything like 5v5 and venomancers are no longer so good though. Fox damage is also relatively low, so you might have trouble in hiero fights, and pet hp is low, so if you send it into battle and the other team is aoe'ing, your pet can die in a couple of hits.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ren
    ren Posts: 662 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Venomancers don't exist here, this not DOTA.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Official PWI irc: (mirc command, opens in a new window and won't interfere with any servers you're already on) /server -m irc.deltaanime.net -j #pwint
  • karmelia
    karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    ren wrote: »
    Venomancers don't exist here, this not not DOTA.

Venomancers exist here.... http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • ren
    edited August 2008
    Options
    That's a yao jing or werefox, sorry.

It's just like how the Fate and Tsukihime animes are denied existance: They're abominations that shouldn't have been made.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Official PWI irc: (mirc command, opens in a new window and won't interfere with any servers you're already on) /server -m irc.deltaanime.net -j #pwint
  • hypnos
    hypnos Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Well, their names changed in this version. They're Venomancers now.
  • ren
    edited August 2008
    Options
    hypnos wrote: »
    Well, their names changed in this version. They're Venomancers now.

Their name is what they are originally (yao jing), or what their model is(werefox) .

Werefoxes don't use venom. It's a **** corny name that should be denied of existance.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • psych0tic
    psych0tic Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    well you rarley go 1v1 in pvp so best I think would be blademaster
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Soon to become a CBT. ;)
  • makubex
    makubex Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    yes youre totally right ive play this game and the most powerful character is the venomancer and its the perfect soloist
  • karmelia
    edited August 2008
    Options
    ren wrote: »
    That's a yao jing or werefox, sorry.

Here you can only play a venomancer. Sorry.

If you want to play a werefox, you'll have to go play on the malaysian english servers.

Have fun there.
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • saindrake
    saindrake Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    still a strange name, foxies don't use venoms indeed, they use parasites..and pets of course.
    And I dunno what's so good in a foxies pvp ability, guess someone should teach me a few pvp techniques with it cause usually i can hardly win a duel with a physical dealer stunning me all the time.

Anyone share any ideas? ;)
    by order of the inquisition you are NOT allowed to die in my vicinity, ill make sure to that
  • karmelia
    edited August 2008
    Options
    saindrake wrote: »
    still a strange name, foxies don't use venoms indeed, they use parasites..and pets of course.

They only used "parasites" in that badly translated malaysian version...

In the Philippine's version, they summon various types of insects. Why not Insectmancer?

Everything is in the translation. What if they translated the skill to read as "venom" instead of "insects" or "parasites" on this version?

• awesomeness
    awesomeness Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Find the build to be an Agi "Venomancer" and you'll last longer against most classes.
    My opinion robe werefoxes are really really weak.
    Their pet=useless unless you get those stun skills that comes along with the pets.
  • karmelia
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Their pet=useless unless you get those stun skills that comes along with the pets.

Meet bugged ripping bite + Megalith parasite 3 seconds stun + Parasite Nova 8 seconds immobilisation.

• faruxue
    faruxue Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Find the build to be an Agi "Venomancer" and you'll last longer against most classes.

A lvl 80+ sawfly can kill an average level 8x light/robe user in 1 ripping bite without hieros.
    ULTIMATE TOPIC:
    See 3 RQ get owned by 1 WB
    copy and paste onto your web link
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=33421