GM support

Options
kyou
kyou Posts: 0 Arc User
edited September 2009 in Suggestion Box
Well, it's like this...

I'm not quite sure how GM support works here in-game, but wouldn't it great if people could send out requests to GM for support along with the short reasoning.

Something like: "Alexa (player's name) - Stuck and can't move"

GM could read the requests as he pleases (through a drop window interface with player names and requests), and just pop-up next to the player to observe the situation if necessary. I suppose these could be a "teleport" button of a sorts, where GM can simply appear next to a player whose help request seemed most genuine.

So... what do you think?
Post edited by kyou on

Comments

• saindrake
    saindrake Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    sa for being stuck there was exactly an option of asking for GM help in the MY version, assuming the same will appear here, the problem with it was - the ONLY thing it offered to ask for a GM to help with was getting stuck, once i had problems with logging in with a character due to some bug and could get NO HELP AT ALL, button didn't allow that, shouting gave no response, not even the tech support on the webpage helped, they didn't even bother to respond.
    I'd say that little button needs a little work
    by order of the inquisition you are NOT allowed to die in my vicinity, ill make sure to that
  • tres
    tres Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    They can read World Chat from anywhere =)
  • kyou
    edited August 2008
    Options
    tres wrote: »
    They can read World Chat from anywhere =)

They can also kill you if they like and ban you, but that doesn't mean they'll do it.
    I don't suppose GM's will stand 24/7 next to the computers and read world chat garbage.

So I suggested the message option that would work well, I think.
  • acrimony
    acrimony Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    kyou wrote: »
    I don't suppose GM's will stand 24/7 next to the computers and read world chat garbage.

I would hope this version of PW will actually employ round-the-clock GMs that will in fact read world chat garbage just in case...

Still, a message system would be nice.
  • kyou
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Even thought I agree with what you say acrimony, it's just too much for a free game. I suppose only P2P games have stuff like that... all-attent GM's.

Though I got used to be seeing P2P games that seem to be missing GM's most of time...
  • kinghitsuga
    kinghitsuga Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    i think they should simply have a ingame problem page,for the site,post your problem and wait for a answer..just a idea.
  • kyou
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I like that idea too :)
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    please post in the tech support section, posting on a thread that has been dead for over a month is a necro, which means I have to lock it
This discussion has been closed.