New download client

gamer4jesus
gamer4jesus Posts: 0 Arc User
edited August 2008 in General Discussion
What is new in the updated download client?

I downloaded with the first one, do I need to download again with the updated one?

http://download.perfectworld.com/pwi/clients/PerfectWorld_Downloader_v2.exe
Post edited by gamer4jesus on

Comments

• severan
    severan Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    i think the old downloader had flaws, they just updated / patched the "download manager" the client is still the same.

any admin can post some details about what was fixed?
    Sever: Lost City
    Making players RageQuit since 2004

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hello, You have reached Severan on The RQ carebear's automated phone system
    To tell me I've got no life and I live in my mom's basement, press 1. To tell me that you are logging on your level 90 character to kick the **** out of me, press 2. To tell me that your friend is a GM and you're getting me banned, press 3. To tell me RQ is going to fail and talk more **** about RunQuick press 4. If none of these options fit your need please hold the line for idiot assistance, they will be with you shortly...
  • ryuuzaki
    ryuuzaki Posts: 680 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I'm guessing it was because the downloads slowed down, and had to be paused once in a while to get their speed back up. They did say they were looking into it, so maybe this is the product of that research.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • yeshua
    yeshua Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    The download speed works now. Its faster that is the update or u can say FIX. :D

Download speed for me now is 244 k/s and it dont get less than 200 it stays up 240

Download process 94%! i'll reply when i install the game if all goes well. i used direct before and the data 1 and 3 was broken, I havent resume now. I believe all the resuming caused it to broke.

The dowload speed is so good now, i dont have to resume. :D
  • yeshua
    edited August 2008
    Finished Downloading! Successful....
    Finished Installing! Successful....

Direct Download V2, Download Time + Installment Time : 3 Hours+

New Download Client V2 Result: PERFECT DOWNLOAD SPEED ;)
    PERFECT INSTALLMENT :p
    PERFECT WORLD! :D

Game Client Working! Game Notice News Working! Servers Down! East & West lol

My In Game Login Page Background Graphic look bad! Solution upgrade graphics?:mad:
  • magijason
    magijason Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Is there any way to get a faster download than the 240KBps without paying? I'm just curious because i have cable high speed and it would be nice if it didn't take 3 hours to download.
  • ryuuzaki
    edited August 2008
    I have high-speed cable, and I'm getting around 450-650 K/s + with the new downloader. I'm at 84% with about 10 minutes remaining.

The old trick of pausing/resuming once in a while still helps. Otherwise, it's probably dependent on your other network traffic, distance from the server etc.

It is a huge file, and it will take a while to download.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • yeshua
    edited August 2008
    I didnt dear to press resume trick, because at the end you will get maybe a file broken.
  • ryuuzaki
    edited August 2008
    yeshua wrote: »
    I didnt dear to press resume trick, because at the end you will get maybe a file broken.

My download's finished now, and not a single error... I even paused and closed the thing down overnight. Resumed again today... works perfectly. :cool:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]