CBT=30 Days O_o

boomsickle
boomsickle Posts: 3 Arc User
edited August 2008 in General Discussion
i know that theres going to be a closed beta and i also saw that it said that it will last a month so are there going to be character wipes after those 30 days cause if so then theres really no point of playing for those 30 days if some one could respawn to this topic before the closed beta starts that would be awsome :(:):confused:
Post edited by boomsickle on

Comments

• troll
    troll Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    boomsickle wrote: »
    ...are There Going To Be Character Wipes After Those 30 Days...

Yes There Will Be Wipessss.
  • aeonan
    aeonan Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    You can choose to wait. But playing in closed beta will give you the opportunity to learn about and try the game out before the real thing comes out.
  • wimpknuckles
    wimpknuckles Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Don't see the Beta as the kick-off of the game, rather as testing it and getting a feeling to it.
    if that's nothing for you, you should wait a Month or 2 perhaps.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.
    When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.
  • thablkguy
    thablkguy Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    boomsickle wrote: »
    i know that theres going to be a closed beta and i also saw that it said that it will last a month so are there going to be character wipes after those 30 days cause if so then theres really no point of playing for those 30 days if some one could respawn to this topic before the closed beta starts that would be awsome :(:):confused:
    of course theres a reason to play closed beta... its exclusivity !!!! how many times have you wanted to be the first at something? or in VIP or the only kid on the block with a swimming pool, etc etc... so they wipe it so what? what if something went wrong on the servers and all the characters got wiped accidentally you'd still have to start over...
    Who am I ? Thablackguy !!!! :cool:[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mazterl
    mazterl Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Beta phases is about testing the game AND the servers. It's not a headstart for theose who choose to participate in Beta.

If you think Beta is a waste of time, because of the wipes, the go BUY a game instead. Those are tested and deemed market worthy.

Why is it that some people simply can't fathom this? A Closed Beta TEST is not for the people who just wants to play, but for those that actually care about the gaming experience and dares to give feedback to the provider and perhaps also to the developers.
    "Normality is the Death of Personality,
    Less Idelogy, More Fantasy."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jamsan
    jamsan Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Blue names plz.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Surprise Bear says: "Look for the prize with every surprise!"
    Approximately 13% of all forum pages mention RQ, as confirmed by Google.
  • severan
    severan Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    use CB as an opportunity to feel the spirit of the game
    Sever: Lost City
    Making players RageQuit since 2004

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hello, You have reached Severan on The RQ carebear's automated phone system
    To tell me I've got no life and I live in my mom's basement, press 1. To tell me that you are logging on your level 90 character to kick the **** out of me, press 2. To tell me that your friend is a GM and you're getting me banned, press 3. To tell me RQ is going to fail and talk more **** about RunQuick press 4. If none of these options fit your need please hold the line for idiot assistance, they will be with you shortly...
  • kyou
    kyou Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Well, no-one says you have to like... immerse yourself into the game.
    You can play it casually to level 10-15 and wait for closed beta to finish.

Open beta is just around the corner for builds...
  • desirai
    desirai Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I am "Respawning" to your topic.

Yes, there will be a wipe.

There may be no point in playing to you, but there is to everyone else.
  • pabling
    pabling Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    ill just need to see how the quest work so that i will know what item should i put in storage
  • danubus37
    danubus37 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    beta is for testing features and squashing bugs. Most younger folk seem to think that beta just means its free for me to try it out. Your actually supposed to play, but also help the developers get the game in shape for Live.
  • tofu
    tofu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    aeonan wrote: »
    You can choose to wait. But playing in closed beta will give you the opportunity to learn about and try the game out before the real thing comes out.

thats what im doing:)
    idk what craft to choose
    im deciding between wizard and venomancer :p