just downloaded but wont work...

Options
foreverbattler
foreverbattler Posts: 8 Arc User
edited August 2008 in Support Desk
Okay, i made an account a couple of weeks ago. even got the beta key, so i could play it right when it came out. i know the game itself isnt officially out yet... BUT! i downloaded everything that needed to be downloaded, got everything configured, and when i double click or right click and open it doesnt work! clicking on it works but the installation just doesnt happen. i chekced it over and over, everything is where it's supposed to be. PLEASE HELP ME OUT!:mad:
Post edited by foreverbattler on

Comments

• ryuuzaki
    ryuuzaki Posts: 680 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    First - have you extracted all the files from the Zip file into their own folder on your hard drive?

You shouldn't run the install.exe file from within the Zip archive... you need to unpack everything first.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • foreverbattler
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Acctually i did, I put everything onto the desktop because every time that i tried it from the zip file it just froze up. and it seemed to work and everything, no error things came up, the installation just wont happen. it might be that i only put it what the error said was necassary, i only put the two .dll files onto the desktop with the installation, should i put everything on the desktop instead?
  • ryuuzaki
    edited August 2008
    Options
    You'll need absolutely everything from within the zip file, all the data packs.... everything.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • foreverbattler
    edited August 2008
    Options
    thanks! ill post back if it doesnt work! and ill thank you a bunch if it does.:p
  • foreverbattler
    edited August 2008
    Options
    this is taking longer than i expected, so ill just ask something. after the installation is finished those installation files are going to kinda clog up my desktop, can i delete them from the desktop once the game is fully installed? or will that work?
  • ryuuzaki
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Once you have run the install.exe and got the program fully installed... then yes, you can remove the zip file and the extracted files folder. However, I would recommend backing them up to a blank DVD or something if you have that ability. Just to save you downloading again, should something happen.

If not, just keep the zip file at least until the beta servers are up. If everything is running smoothly, you can go ahead and get rid of it.

(I already removed them both myself at home.. getting a bit low on space y'see).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mega10dragon
    mega10dragon Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Okay, i made an account a couple of weeks ago. even got the beta key, so i could play it right when it came out. i know the game itself isnt officially out yet... BUT! i downloaded everything that needed to be downloaded, got everything configured, and when i double click or right click and open it doesnt work! clicking on it works but the installation just doesnt happen. i chekced it over and over, everything is where it's supposed to be. PLEASE HELP ME OUT!:mad:
    what you need to do is unzip the file then go back into the unzipped file and double click install.

If this still doesnt work then you need to download the other vesion of the game becuase there is two versions for different computer types =]

Glad i could help Mega10Dragon
  • ryuuzaki
    edited August 2008
    Options
    what you need to do is unzip the file then go back into the unzipped file and double click install.

If this still doesnt work then you need to download the other vesion of the game becuase there is two versions for different computer types =]

Glad i could help Mega10Dragon

That's a bit misleading... there's only one copy of the game. There's just different ways to download it (direct file download or bit torrent filesharing).

Once either has fully downloaded, it's just a case of extracting the files and running the installation program. Most of the common errors can be solved simply by getting new/updated file extraction software, like 7-Zip or WinRAR 3.71. ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tenkei
    tenkei Posts: 63
    edited August 2008
    Options
    ryuuzaki wrote: »
    That's a bit misleading... there's only one copy of the game. There's just different ways to download it (direct file download or bit torrent filesharing).

Once either has fully downloaded, it's just a case of extracting the files and running the installation program. Most of the common errors can be solved simply by getting new/updated file extraction software, like 7-Zip or WinRAR 3.71. ;)

Yeah, just to add before someone gets confused with the other changes. You'll see 5 locations now were you can download. This isn't 5 different versions, it is 1 bit torrent, 1 direct download, and 3 mirror sites you can also download from.
  • ello
    ello Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    just as info .. I used the torrent. was fast and worked perfect

http://download.perfectworld.com/pwi/clients/Perfect_World_International.torrent
  • animel
    animel Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    agreed it is the best way to DL it currently since he servers aren't completely up right now. I tried DLing Directly at first but kept getting kicked off the server. So i decided to use the torrent.
  • ello
    edited August 2008
    Options
    if you dont have a torrent client .. try this one. Super small, no install, free, works great.
    http://www.utorrent.com/download.php

bye
  • animel
    animel Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    riight by the by? they are saying to do it the complicated way....just extra the files to its own folder open that folder and run the exe....its that simple once you do that decide where you wanna put the files for the game itlsef (its directory folder name etc) and voila you're on your way to installing it.

Oh right as an add on to make sure you DL'd the game completely validate it...it'll give you that option right before installing it as well as when you try running the game itself in the update autorun menu. doing that will gaurentee that you have the full DL. Ok?
  • ello
    edited August 2008
    Options
    animel wrote: »
    riight by the by? they are saying to do it the complicated way....just extra the files to its own folder open that folder and run the exe....its that simple once you do that decide where you wanna put the files for the game itlsef (its directory folder name etc) and voila you're on your way to installing it.

Oh right as an add on to make sure you DL'd the game completely validate it...it'll give you that option right before installing it as well as when you try running the game itself in the update autorun menu. doing that will gaurentee that you have the full DL. Ok?

To be sure also validate after install :D
  • yeshua
    yeshua Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    MAN!!! I finished download and uzipped ussing the 7zip but the data 1 and data 3 failed it said file broken is it the program or is it really the file?
  • ello
    edited August 2008
    Options
    yeshua wrote: »
    MAN!!! I finished download and uzipped ussing the 7zip but the data 1 and data 3 failed it said file broken is it the program or is it really the file?

My extracted dir is 2,32 GB .does that match? Maybe it's not complete? Just guessing here

edit zip would be 2,31 GB ^^
  • yeshua
    edited August 2008
    Options
    sorry dont get it? are trying to help. Do u mean its ok. the fail is a program misunderstanding , i just unzipped with an other program named IZArc no fail mention. ??? I hope all files download ok, dont want to miss something in the game. Going to try install now.

What do u think? intall or resinstall all over again?
  • yeshua
    edited August 2008
    Options
    SHooTTTT!!! Broken FILE!!!! Can some upload the broken files for me? I'll uzip again to see which are broken. SHHHOOOOTT!! wasted time!
  • ello
    edited August 2008
    Options
    if the install does 100% it's ok i guess :) maybe the other zip program was old i dunno?

edit: try the torrent it was fast for me :(
  • yeshua
    edited August 2008
    Options
    no i went to install the game and i went to verify it and it said data 1 broken and said reinstall. :mad:
  • yeshua
    edited August 2008
    Options
    well i'll try the torrent with utorrent , thks!
  • ren
    ren Posts: 662 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Check the crc first...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Official PWI irc: (mirc command, opens in a new window and won't interfere with any servers you're already on) /server -m irc.deltaanime.net -j #pwint
  • yeshua
    edited August 2008
    Options
    what is crc? i dunno what dat is.
  • ishy
    ishy Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Hey, just downloaded Perfect world zip , but when i double click i get a error. Perfect_World_International.zip is corrupted. Any solution. Well I downloaded only 2 GB:(
  • karmelia
    karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    ishy wrote: »
    Hey, just downloaded Perfect world zip , but when i double click i get a error. Perfect_World_International.zip is corrupted. Any solution. Well I downloaded only 2 GB:(

read this : http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=12401
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • ryuuzaki
    edited August 2008
    Options
    If you only downloaded 2gb and not 2.4gb, then you have an incomplete download and it won't work.

Try the first alternative method in the link karmelia posted. The torrent should check your download and resume the rest.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.