• emir
    emir Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    very nice karm good job ^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • frass
    frass Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    i have a question, whern will the open beta be out where there will b no character wipes????
  • kelansan
    kelansan Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    frass wrote: »
    i have a question, whern will the open beta be out where there will b no character wipes????

Your character will be destroyed by the almighty allah in a fit of rage upon the earth.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • emir
    emir Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    kelansan wrote: »
    Your character will be destroyed by the almighty allah in a fit of rage upon the earth.

are you seriously muslim cus if ur not i hate u

and if you are good we need more of us on this game
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • twilightsymphoni
    twilightsymphoni Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    i know that malaysia ip is blocked..but what about singapore?..will it be blocked too?

seriously the my one suck so bad, that i lag so much less when i play a US/EU game then when i play a MY game.
  • ryuuzaki
    ryuuzaki Posts: 680 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I believe Singapore is allowed, since they don't have their own version.

These are the countries with their own official versions:

Malaysia
    China
    Philippines
    Korea
    Indonesia
    Vietnam
    Thailand
    Japan
    Brazil
    Russia

So I think they're gonna be the only ones blocked.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • twilightsymphoni
    twilightsymphoni Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Well i really hope so.
  • fireblood
    fireblood Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    ryuuzaki wrote: »
    I believe Singapore is allowed, since they don't have their own version.

These are the countries with their own official versions:

Malaysia
    China
    Philippines
    Korea
    Indonesia
    Vietnam
    Thailand
    Japan
    Brazil
    Russia

So I think they're gonna be the only ones blocked.
    well since were international we will have more players= more fun
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • yeshua
    yeshua Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    really good work karmelia
  • omitson
    omitson Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    This is much appreciated, clears up a lot of questions, thanks!
    ~ Omitson

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mnk
    mnk Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    yea it really helps a lot,and answers a lot of questions.

we'll i'm going to play PWI from Europe\Hungary. I played with PW MY but the lagg was critical , so i stopped playing with it... i'm very excited because of the closed beta so i can see if the US servers are going to have a better ping, because PW is one of the greatest MMO's i have ever played!
    are'nt you planning to put a server for europe region maybe? ( sorry if it's a stupid question =) )
    cu @ CB ;)
  • karmelia
    karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    mnk wrote: »
    yare'nt you planning to put a server for europe region maybe? ( sorry if it's a stupid question =) )

The east and west servers are going to have the events timed differently. No idea if the time will fit well for Europe tho.

Another company bought the rights to run servers in Europe, so PWI won,t be able to locate servers there directly.

But the best ones are here ^_^
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • atomictamale
    atomictamale Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Will this version still be case sensitive?
    (i.e..names, guilds..)
  • mnk
    mnk Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    yea you are right... european PW just sucks... :( they just messed up...
    i hope ping will be good =) MY ping was about 350... but connection to the east is far not so good as to the west... so i hope the best :P 80-100ms is also pretty good... :)
  • aretsukusu
    aretsukusu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Our characters will be wiped once CB is over?!

That burns me bad. . To level up all over again. . .:eek:
  • below274deg
    below274deg Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Can user in Singapore play?
  • karmelia
    edited August 2008
    Can user in Singapore play?

It there an official version running in Singapore?
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • tazz
    tazz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I was just about to make a thread asking if there would be an item mall and if it would be affordable. Thank you for answering my question before I asked it.

Suggestion: Make a Karma / Reputation thingy so people can " + " REP a helpful person on the forums and " - " REP a person that sucks.
  • tazz
    tazz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    aretsukusu wrote: »
    Our characters will be wiped once CB is over?!

That burns me bad. . To level up all over again. . .:eek:

If there wasn't a wipe after CB, it would be unfair to the players that weren't able to get a beta key. It would give people a headstart in the game. CB is mainly testing things out. Open Beta is usually continued onto Official Release without any wipe occuring, unless there were major technical problems.

Edit: Sorry for double post. I tried deleting my second post but phailed.
  • sansan
    sansan Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    ok clearly tthe CB char will be wiped out but then when after the CB, the OB begins? do we have to wait a week or more again or can we play already the same evening after the CB is deleted? (o man... again a terrible waiting week then seriously I die when I have to wait again that long)
  • karmelia
    edited August 2008
    sansan wrote: »
    ok clearly tthe CB char will be wiped out but then when after the CB, the OB begins? do we have to wait a week or more again or can we play already the same evening after the CB is deleted? (o man... again a terrible waiting week then seriously I die when I have to wait again that long)

It was not yet said when open beta will start.

• dvorak
    dvorak Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    nice job putting this FAQ together, karmelia. Learned a lot reading through it.
    pwe_dvorak.jpg

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/pwe_dvorak
  • karmelia
    edited August 2008
    dvorak wrote: »
    nice job putting this FAQ together, karmelia. Learned a lot reading through it.

You are most welcome ;)

• rizlaz
    rizlaz Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    karmelia wrote: »
    The server will open on the 19th.

Hai *waves* Question.
    someone asked if their will be patches only available on the 19th when it is open.
    And stated above was the only comment/answer to that person's question.

It clearly (no offense to whom wrote it) doesn't actually answer the question at hand.
    I would really appreciate a answer. I would like to know if patches will come when servers will be connected or able to download them separately?
    Or can I use the patch files I have already saved from the EN-MY server I played?
    Please let me and anyone else who is wondering know.

NOTE: If it was already answered I am sorry I read through the pages and found no answer myself. Maybe I over looked a answer but not sure. But any information would be greatly appreciated.
    [SIGPIC]http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/7927/rizlazsignaturefh0.png[/SIGPIC]
    IGN: Rizlaz
    Class: Cleric
    Level: N/A
    Server: Lost City (For OB)
    Guild :Guardians
  • karmelia
    edited August 2008
    rizlaz wrote: »
    Or can I use the patch files I have already saved from the EN-MY server I played?

No. You cannot apply a patch from the malaysian version of the game to this version.

• rizlaz
    rizlaz Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Alright good to know.
    Also if anyone knows.
    Will the servers be tied together?
    What I mean by that is since I would preffer no one stealing my character name because everyone who knows me knows me as Rizlaz.
    If I create my character in LC will the name be taken in Etherblade so that way people cannot pretend to be me?
    [SIGPIC]http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/7927/rizlazsignaturefh0.png[/SIGPIC]
    IGN: Rizlaz
    Class: Cleric
    Level: N/A
    Server: Lost City (For OB)
    Guild :Guardians
  • nith
    nith Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    1) will we be able to transfer items between our own characters without needing to trade to a friend first?

2) is it planned to make patches throughout CB as bugs are addressed and fixed or will it just be a longer shutdown in btwn CB and OB?
  • soukyuu
    soukyuu Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    1) use the ingame mail function, you can send items to every player. Costs 500g per item and takes 1 hour to deliver (text only mails are instant)
    tazz wrote: »
    Suggestion: Make a Karma / Reputation thingy so people can " + " REP a helpful person on the forums and " - " REP a person that sucks.
    This will just lead to many rep-wh*res <.<
    Saw it happening in like, every forum with this system.
    PW has been endless frustration for me #2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • noctura
    noctura Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Honestly I see the point of saying that it is not fair to most of the players that cannot get a key. Honestly there are good and bad sides to this....
    When I started the CB I could not get one quest done because of the HUGE HORDE of new people that were killing everything in sight.
    Yes it would not be fair... BUT it would make new players that didnt get a key have a hell of an easier time leveling up because there would not be as many people in the same area killing everything for the same quests. It is really a double edged blade....
    either way new players to the game will consider it difficult...
    I dont think there should be a CB wipe.... after what I experienced I wont be playing the game for another two months because I wish to wait till the lvl 1-10 character population dies down a little.
    It is just way too crowded.
  • zoefox
    zoefox Posts: 225
    edited August 2008
    rizlaz wrote: »
    Alright good to know.
    Also if anyone knows.
    Will the servers be tied together?
    What I mean by that is since I would preffer no one stealing my character name because everyone who knows me knows me as Rizlaz.
    If I create my character in LC will the name be taken in Etherblade so that way people cannot pretend to be me?

Typically, no. If you want to make sure you have the name, you have to make a character with that name in every server.
This discussion has been closed.