Team Chicago says yo

Options
psychon
psychon Posts: 30 Arc User
edited August 2008 in General Discussion
Firstly I apologize if I break any rule in place about mentioning other games.
That being said, I'm Psychon and I'm one of about 9 to 10 casual gamers who lost their home on a Ragnarok Online private server not too long ago. Recently I stumbled on PW and it seemed like just what we all wanted. A nice change from the 2D graphics we had before, a pretty helpful community, and features we'd never seen in other 3D MMOs.
I'm not sure if I'll be able to get any of them the info on the beta (and hopefully maybe beta keys before then as well...) but a lot of them seemed interested in PW just from seeing a few screenshots I threw on my myspace.
Ahem, getting to the point as the sleep deprivation causes me to ramble...
Peoeple that are looking for a chill bunch of people to party with, level with, possibly even start a guild with (we had one of the most unstoppable alliances on the RO server, even the guild that consisted of 100% dedicated players couldn't stand up to us and half of us just played for the lulz)
feel free to drop me a line here.
All the people who are potentially joining are notoriously helpful as long as you don't pester them too much, and even then they're not jerks about it.
We've been gaming together since D&D, so we're pretty tight knit, but I'd like to say we're very welcoming. Hope to be seeing a lot of you when the Beta starts.
Oh, and I'll likely be playing a human warrior like on the MY/EN server since I'm still kinda learning.
As for everyone else...I have no idea haha.

(Edit, forgot this part) Is there any info on how many servers there will be in the public version?
Three cheers for free MMOs that are actually worth downloading!
Later skaters
//Psychon
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by psychon on

Comments

• karmelia
    karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    psychon wrote: »
    (Edit, forgot this part) Is there any info on how many servers there will be in the public version?

To begin with : 2 PvP and 2 PvE (optional-PvP) servers.

More will be added as needed I guess.
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • t0yo
    t0yo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Welcome to Pw-International ;D

Nice to see some fellow RO gamers. The games differ gameplay wise and if you ever need any assistance don't hesitate to ring ;D
  • lockhart
    lockhart Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Since I never played RO, Im just gonna settle for the traditional "Welcome to the world of PW, enjoy yer stay" ^_^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Mihimaru ~ 4x Venomancer ~ Starlight ~ Heaven's Tear
    CB tester :D
  • arcane
    arcane Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    lockhart wrote: »
    Since I never played RO, Im just gonna settle for the traditional "Welcome to the world of PW, enjoy yer stay" ^_^

is lockhart your last name? I know someone with that last name :O
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Doin' it my way.
  • lockhart
    edited August 2008
    Options
    arcane wrote: »
    is lockhart your last name? I know someone with that last name :O

Lockhart is pretty popular (dunno how to call it) last name :) But nah, it isnt, mine comes from FF7 =P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • psychon
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Thanks for the welcomes everyone. Hopefully this game will end up one of our main digital hideaways.

By the way, here's some quick contact info. Blackberry doesn't like the account page for some reason. Feel free to hit me up if you see me online.

AIM & YIM - PsychonRascal
    MSN - roninpsychon@hotmail.com
    Myspace.com/psychon
    The last one wasn't necessary but yeah.
    //Psychon
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lockhart
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Just curious Psy, you decided what server you'll be rolling yet?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • psychon
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Just curious Psy, you decided what server you'll be rolling yet?
    Not yet, I'm open to suggestions though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lockhart
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Not yet, I'm open to suggestions though.

Well basically, most of the forum community seems to be going for East PvP. And I have a feeling this server will be the biggest one during CB.

If you wanna see all the e-drama and like a free PK system, go for east pvp for CB. If you want a choice when to PK (turn on/off), west and east pve seem rather the same.

Me myself will be either hitting the east pvp or pve, not 100% sure as of yet :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • psychon
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Well basically, most of the forum community seems to be going for East PvP. And I have a feeling this server will be the biggest one during CB.

If you wanna see all the e-drama and like a free PK system, go for east pvp for CB. If you want a choice when to PK (turn on/off), west and east pve seem rather the same.

Me myself will be either hitting the east pvp or pve, not 100% sure as of yet :)
    Hmm, then yeah, chances are the guys and I will prolly jump on east pvp. One of the main annoyances when we played RO together was when we were all wandering around together, everyone and their mom saw us as a threat. Which wasn't really a problem since there were like 14 of us at one point covering just about every class and all decently equipped or better with a handful of max level chars thrown in there, basically it worked out like this.
    *guy hits one of us*
    *everyone hits him*
    *he dies*
    *calls us "n00bs" for ganging up on him*
    *we all do /heh and /gg (emoticons) and keep walking*

having an option to turn off PvP might make things a little more sane, although we'll see what they wanna do. I'd start calling them now to make them get their beta codes, but I'm lazy atm
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • prosper
    prosper Posts: 335 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Team Chicago, haha. Sounds like you know each other in real life?

Hope to see you ingame on the east PvP server, you sound like cool people. =D
  • psychon
    edited August 2008
    Options
    prosper wrote: »
    Team Chicago, haha. Sounds like you know each other in real life?

Hope to see you ingame on the east PvP server, you sound like cool people. =D
    Yup, for the most part we all went to high school together. XD Chances are we'll prolly try out both servers if the group can't decide on where to go. I know at least three of them will be down for making the PvP server their home.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • prosper
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Yup, for the most part we all went to high school together. XD Chances are we'll prolly try out both servers if the group can't decide on where to go. I know at least three of them will be down for making the PvP server their home.

The PvP server will probably be more interesting, but there's a large chance it'll turn into a drama shitstorm. =P Well that's kinda fun too.
  • blaklabel3
    blaklabel3 Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    The PvP server will probably be more interesting, but there's a large chance it'll turn into a drama shitstorm. =P Well that's kinda fun too.

There is nothing better than a drama **** storm! But I think most everyone is rolling on East PVP, so that is by far the best bet as were to start, atleast for closed beta. I'm gunna start there and so is my G/F, but good job representing Chicago!!!! SOUTH SIDE WOOO!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Hey Marvel, where the hell is my Deadpool movie?!?!
  • psychon
    edited August 2008
    Options
    That might end up bad. On the RO server we were on there was a lotta PvP related drama, especially when our guild started getting big since we came from literally nothing and one day we just started owning everyone.
    What added insult to injury is my brother who was leading the guild would use a megaphone item to broadcast messages to the server and he would never gloat, he'd pat the aggro and lamer guilds on the back for trying and they absolutely hated us for that. lol
    ...y'know...thinking about it, maybe it would be worth it to jump back on a PvP server :D
    What are the drawbacks when you PK/Get PK'd? I keep mixing my games up here, do you drop items at a certain % chance?
    blaklabel3 wrote: »
    There is nothing better than a drama **** storm! But I think most everyone is rolling on East PVP, so that is by far the best bet as were to start, atleast for closed beta. I'm gunna start there and so is my G/F, but good job representing Chicago!!!! SOUTH SIDE WOOO!
    NORTH SIDE!
    ...but I'm a Sox fan... Don't tell them up here, I'm spying. :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • prosper
    edited August 2008
    Options
    That might end up bad. On the RO server we were on there was a lotta PvP related drama, especially when our guild started getting big since we came from literally nothing and one day we just started owning everyone.
    What added insult to injury is my brother who was leading the guild would use a megaphone item to broadcast messages to the server and he would never gloat, he'd pat the aggro and lamer guilds on the back for trying and they absolutely hated us for that. lol
    ...y'know...thinking about it, maybe it would be worth it to jump back on a PvP server :D
    What are the drawbacks when you PK/Get PK'd? I keep mixing my games up here, do you drop items at a certain % chance?

Lol, was he sincerely congratulating them? Or doing it just to **** them off?

Eh, drama keeps you from getting bored. :D Otherwise life would be too monotonous. And this game is so much better with PvP being open.

If you kill one person, you go pink for 2 hours. Each person you kill after that is another 2 hours' pink time. Your name goes a darker and darker pink until you turn red. If you're pink, you can drop items when you die. White names do not drop items upon death, or there's a VERY SLIGHT chance (like less than 1%). You do not lose exp when you die from PK.
    ETA: You'll also be killed by guards if you try to walk into a town on foot. However, you can fly over the guards to get around this.
  • psychon
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Lol, was he sincerely congratulating them? Or doing it just to **** them off?

Eh, drama keeps you from getting bored. :D Otherwise life would be too monotonous. And this game is so much better with PvP being open.

If you kill one person, you go pink for 2 hours. Each person you kill after that is another 2 hours' pink time. Your name goes a darker and darker pink until you turn red. If you're pink, you can drop items when you die. White names do not drop items upon death, or there's a VERY SLIGHT chance (like less than 1%). You do not lose exp when you die from PK.
    ETA: You'll also be killed by guards if you try to walk into a town on foot. However, you can fly over the guards to get around this.
    He was sincerely congratulating them, which is what made it all the more funny. When we'd be in Ventrilo after the guild wars were over he'd jump into the public channel where everyone was ranting about that days guild wars and he'd just clap and say "Good WoE guys, you almost had us that time"
    He'd just be real up front about how close they came to beating us until the last second when someone pulled an ace from their sleeve and wiped out the entire opposing guild.

Hmmm, minor item drop isn't that bad, although the guard thing, that's just ridiculous lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • seraphdrago
    seraphdrago Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Member Of Team Chicago
    though i highly doubt we'll be naming are inevitable guild that.

Just saying yo
  • johnnyhaywire
    johnnyhaywire Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Sup ppl, It's Haywire, lets have some fun :)
  • psychon
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Member Of Team Chicago
    though i highly doubt we'll be naming are inevitable guild that.

Just saying yo
    Sup ppl, It's Haywire, lets have some fun :)

Woot woot!

Also, grabbing people from the old RO server we played on. Yay for new blood!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • aaron1409
    aaron1409 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Hey guys, name's Aaron. I can't wait to play. The teaser really peaked my interest.
    I'm probably gonna need a lot of help getting started, but it'll be fun.
    I'm gonna throw my screen names up here for **** and giggles, if anyone wants to talk or whatnot.

AIM - theparan0id1
    MSN - aaron_sdmf@hotmail.com

Go Team Chicago!
  • psychon
    edited August 2008
    Options
    XD That makes five of us from Chi, and one from San Fran, and one from Canada.
    Woot for ready-made party :D
    I should've named this topic Team Green Tea says yo... oh well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]