Real Rant..

Options
sigoh
sigoh Posts: 341 Arc User
edited August 2008 in Off-Topic Discussion
heres a rant...

Fools... the lot of you.. pathetic. Using your twisted methods of blackmail and your inferior notions of sabotage, you think you can stop anyone? Believing yourselves to be gods among men with such obsolete weapons? It almost makes me laugh how insipid and inconcievelably reckless you are with false strength. Sabotage and blackmail were effective once upon a time, but no longer. Everyone has the power to use them, every one uses it freelly without restraint. Through using what they believe to be power they've lost all power, becuase anything at a constant becomes the norm, and anything thats normal cannot be power. Floods for example... just think of all the damage a flood can cause in an instant. IN AN INSTANT!!! now that power.. If the whole world were to be flodded at once, and remain flodded constantly what do you call that? If a flood was so powerful to cover the earth in water forever, what affect will it have if we all adjust to the new "norm" and former "power". It is no longer absolute, it is no longer meaningful, and it is no longer power... Sabotage and blackmail, they've become this flood.Any power they may have once had, jaded... Control is a more effective power, far more effective than all the others. Control through influence. but control can be easily destroyed by its one weakness, that weakness being bllackmail and sabotage. Through this Absolute power can not exist becuase the effective power is over ridden by the obsolete power. Obsoletion transcends absolution in this case, thus leaving this solution inviable. The only solution is to have nothing. The one who has nothing cannot be overpowered by sabotage blackmail or control, but in doing so one has no influence over any either. The one who has nothing exist outside the constructs sanity, an anomaly that can not be calculated and as seen as unworthy of calculation. Everyone is looking to win no one wants to not exist, no one strives to be left with nothing. it is this no one who has the true absolution, however. Chaopaths such as my self are born from this absolution. The world is destined for this absolution, and it is I who waits to control it. There will come a time when every one will want everything and will give everything they have in order to have it. in doing so everyone will be left using their everything to try and take everyone elses everything. The outcome is everything will be destroyed and everyone will be left with nothing... This, the birth of the everlasting absolute equilibrium. The new way of things, sustained by everyones new view of things... The Chaopathetic view of things... my view of things. No one will strive to have more. Everyone will strive to make sure everyone else who brought them down has less. Transcension sought after not by ascension of oneself but descension of everyone around onesself.. descension of the enemy. "If your not for me your against me" right? Everyone is for themself making it inevitable that everyone is against everyone else. Every little bit of powered gained will be used to destroy every little bit of power gained by everyone else. Everyone will have nothing...Everyone WILL BE no one... A state of everlasting Equilibrium will be sustained, And those like me will enjoy it...

Afterall, the most basic principle of Chaopathy: "The Goal is not victory for oneself, but defeat for ones oposition."

In a perfect world, Everyone loses...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Chaotic Oblivion~Fated Twilight~Eternal Sorrow~Corrupted Fidelity
Post edited by sigoh on

Comments

• tres
    tres Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I present you with the badge of "OMG I JUST SPENT WAY TOO MUCH OF MY LIFE POSTING SOMETHING HUGE THAT MOST LIKELY NO ONE WILL FULLY READ"

because i sure didnt read that whole thing
  • kyou
    kyou Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Shouldn't this be in "n00b Discussion" subforums?

Look, your bitterness won't start up people or make them realize things "oh-so-well-spoken".
    If you're aware of something that most of people aren't, great.

Go start a blog.
  • sigoh
    edited August 2008
    Options
    kyou wrote: »
    Shouldn't this be in "n00b Discussion" subforums?

Look, your bitterness won't start up people or make them realize things "oh-so-well-spoken".
    If you're aware of something that most of people aren't, great.

Go start a blog.

i saw a rant thread and it wasnt much of a rant so i added this one. and this rant is already on my blog foo' lol ;p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kyou
    edited August 2008
    Options
    There you go. Now go and do some more advertising somewhere where people actually care.
    I suppose people here aren't about world hierarchy, but about the game.

That's the idea after all.
  • sigoh
    edited August 2008
    Options
    the rant was about the game. i said "perfect world" in the rant so its valid :cool:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kyou
    edited August 2008
    Options
    To a person with IQ 80 and below... I suppose it could be, yes.
  • rhota
    rhota Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Copypasta.
  • kyou
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Exactly.

See what I mean?
  • junk
    junk Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Unless readily accessible new instances give even better loot than this, many players would completely ignore them. Raid instances along the way in leveling simply aren't viable, as raids cut experience. The only reason guilds can get 6 people to do HH is because there are so many 60+s, at least when compared to the number of players at exactly, say, 37. The only sensible thing that I see to do with instances like HH 2-3 and HH 3-3 is to heavily nerf the mobs to make the instances soloable, raise their levels so that the loot the instance drops is suitable, reduce drop rates, and remove the raid lockout. That would at least get some utility out of content rather than PWI wasting time designing content that people never see. Furthermore, the 6-man component is hardly the only problem with raids in their present formulation. If they were to make the end-game instances soloable, but keep the other problems, would that be fun? Raid lockouts, gear requirements, scheduling, regrouping on multiple days, set class roles, respecs, reputation grinds, DKP, drama, and using the same tactics week after week in a 6-man? If that's what it takes, the mobs can keep their golds. If the problem with the existing raiding end-game is that it's a boring timesink, then what is gained by offering another boring timesink? Should a 105 who has trouble with Darkwolf get epics just because he's 105? Emphasizing time over skill leads to mind-numbing repetition, which is what should be avoided. Surely it is better to spend time creating real content even if it means one boring end game path instead of several. Perhaps for the next expansion, it would make sense to have multiple paths, so players could advance via 25-mans, 5-mans, solo or a mix. Until then, it doesn't make sense to overdo content which will need a major overhaul. Another alternative is no end-game. Put no raid instances or reputation grinds in so that once you finish the 89 cultivation you're done. You have beaten the game and now you should cancel. For obvious reasons, they can't do that. PWI is trying to make money. That's a good thing. If PWI didn't care about money, they wouldn't care what players want or adjust content based on player demands. PWI trying to make money is the reason they made the level 1-40 section of the game the fun part. PWI's great insight was that even if it is necessary for the game to eventually be boring, they postponed it all the way until players had done nearly everything there was to do. Players love it. That is a big reason why PWI has 10 thousand subscribers and thousands of dollars in profit. But players think that the grinding can be postponed and want it postponed forever. A company that finds a way to make a MMO with nonstop scripted content would make a fortune. But that is perhaps a holy grail, and one which no one can get. However, PWI knew that they could only add so much without making garbage. The problem was how to keep players happy after content runs out. The solution was the raiding timesink. Notice that that is exactly what the existing 6-man raids are built for, moreso than providing interesting challenge. There is the lockout so that a guild can't kill Drum God and get everyone gold gear in a week. Raid "content" lasts much longer, even after Drum God goes on farm. There are specialized requirements, so players have to farm for gear which is otherwise useless. A 6-man requirement forces time to be spent building guilds. The most clever part of this is only so much time per week can be spent advancing a main, so it pushes players to create alts and redo content in a different way: it pushes players to do something fun. Imagine that. Doing the same thing over and over again for loot is not real content. 6-man raids simply aren't content in the sense that FB 59 is. If any raiders want to disagree with that, then would you clear HH 1-1 a dozen times per character if it dropped no loot? Not coincidentally, the same can be said of the various reputation grinds. Without rewards, players wouldn't keep doing a small subset of the content, even if it's the badass end boss of PWI. So what about the golds? Isn't it odd that, with the exception of military welfares, (a timesink and a half in itself) all the best golds come from 6-man raids? Well, not really. PWI put the raids in to provide something for less creative players, and prefer that players go raiding over cancelling accounts. Putting the best loot there ensures that the appropriate type of players will spend the desired amount of time in such instances and keep subscriptions. The gap between raid and quest gear is large and perhaps unnecessary; surely ilvl 85 golds for tier 4 and 90 for tier 5 would have been enough to push players to raid. The point is that the best gear has to come from the endgame pseudo-content that PWI creates to prevent players from cancelling when they rationally ought to. After all, most raiders are there for epics, not for challenge. Most won't say so, but they implicitly admit it when they argue that raids have to give drastically better loot than crafting or people wouldn't raid. Suppose that there were a legendary set for each class and to get it you push 'q' every second for 8 hours. Would you do it? A lot of players would. If PWI did this then created an easy way to get the gear, there would be an outcry from people worked for the legendaries. People who wanted it should have to "earn" it. I hope that it isn't necessary to explain why this is spectacularly bad design. Really, the concept of "earning" gear is quite a preposterous one. You earn things by doing something you don't want to do in order to get something you want. If you aren't fortunate enough to have a job you love, then your job may still be worth it in order to get enough money to buy a subscription. Such exchanges to make doing work worthwhile are quite useful. But this is a game for entertainment. If there are people starving in the world, it's not because your guild took too long to get enough drums to craft green axes. The content along the way, and in particular, the means by which gear is obtained, ought to be fun. Misery in order to get golds cannot be worth it. It is a maddening human tendency that people want things regardless of how they are obtained. Raiders accuse casuals of wanting easy golds. Usually they're right. It goes further than this, as what many players want is not only easy golds for themselves, but for other players to not get easy golds. But raiders want easy epics, too. So I'm not a raider and I don't have any golds. Poor me? I had a few but I sold them for zen. Really, for what do I need epics? For FB or Zhen? Of course not. I would need golds for HH, except that I don't raid. There are no gear requirements to not do raids. The purpose of loot is to be prepared for content. But there is a finite amount of content. At some point there are no challenges left and loot is worthless. Many players have gone past that point and still want more golds. You can see them whining about it every day. What about PVP? Isn't it unfair if one player is in all one star gear and has to fight another decked out in HH golds? PVP is unbalanced. You should have figured this out by level 2. Half the point of leveling is to make the PVP unbalanced. If you don't like that, then don't PVP. It goes back to how players want golds just for themselves. Players want to win, and for players with more free time than skill, a leveling system means whomever has the most free time wins. If you want combat based on skill, try a game with no levels. Players want unbalanced PVP. PWI has to deal with that to make money. That's why complaining about PVP imbalances is stupid. Besides, if PWI were to implement all of the PVP nerfs that players have called for, it would unbalance PVE creating yet another topic on which to whine. What reasons are there to get epics apart from PVP and PVE? Ego? While I tend to pity those who make a big deal about leveling or getting loot as though those are accomplishments, this doesn't make much sense either. Suppose that PWI added a new legendary set. All that players had to do to get it is complete a trivial quest line. However, once you got the legendary set, you could not enter an instance or PVP. You'd get the set, but have no use for it. Interested? If players want gear for something other than PVP or PVE, this would be a popular set. I can sympathize with casuals who want more casual content added to the game. What I can't sympathize with is people exploit existing content and then complain they're out of content. You've seen it: 19s with a 70 doing FB 19. People would take a 90 into FB 29 if they could! That exploit is boring for players in 2.4, so trade chat is crying for help in FB 49 and no one comes. Amusing. It's not hard to criticize others, and raiders have rightly pointed out how ridiculous this is. Where they go wrong is in claiming that casuals asked for golds for casual content and are now complaining. The casuals who are complaining about 2.4 are not the same people who wanted actual challenges in casual content. Let it be known, I'm not a raider and I don't want easy golds. I want to be able to attack one challenge until I get tired of farming it and then through the previous challenge be properly equipped for the next. Whether the gear is white, green, purple or gold doesn't matter. I do want difficulty. I routinely turn players away from groups I form for being too high level. A 56 wants to run FB 19? Not with me they won't. I wish PWI would fix the overleveled exploit and not let players more than 10 levels apart in an instance together. Finally, I want there to be a next challenge even if it's more expansions. The game doesnt need timesinks. Let's let PWI create that without getting all antsy in the meantime.
  • sigoh
    edited August 2008
    Options
    kyou wrote: »
    To a person with IQ 80 and below... I suppose it could be, yes.

then this should all seem relavent to you, no?

all that stuff Junk said

And great Rant Junk ^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kyou
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Yay???!!!1oneoneone :D
  • serrat
    serrat Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    If you have something deep to say.. let it be a rant about something you would do so much better yourself, but you rather like just whining about it anonymously on a forum, or be it an in depth analisis of your braincells' degeneration process, if you want ppl to actually learn something, or lets say just read through your *very-important-for-all-humankind*and vital informations, that you want to leave behind to make the world a better place .. on some GAMING forum, Then try to write in paragraphs each having its own, and noteworthy point in it to keep ppl's attention and make the text readable.
    And maybe, just maybe.. talk about some **** that actually makes sense and properly fit in the given environment to grant some minor interest at least.

And dont write such lenghty sentences like me :p
  • emir
    emir Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    tres wrote: »
    I present you with the badge of "OMG I JUST SPENT WAY TOO MUCH OF MY LIFE POSTING SOMETHING HUGE THAT MOST LIKELY NO ONE WILL FULLY READ"

because i sure didnt read that whole thing

ye lol i read the first line and was like this is the lamest thing ever and then looked at how everyone responded
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tres
    tres Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    emir wrote: »
    ye lol i read the first line and was like this is the lamest thing ever and then looked at how everyone responded

I think that junk is also getting one of those badges
  • iry
    iry Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Rants are to get people to read...
    Blocks of text dont make people read. They make people click back.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    1perfectworld.com , the best resource for everything Perfect World.
    We got quest guides, cultivation guides, noob guides. If it can be a guide, its there.
    We also got free guild forums :D
    Now with flame forums and trading for CB/OB
  • tenkei
    tenkei Posts: 63
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Already said once before, I just have to reiterate. PARAGRAPH's please, not even going to bother reading something so messy. Paragraphs help make that ugly mass easier to digest.

Along with making it easier to digest it also serves another helpful function, separation so the reader can pause an contemplate on the paragraph before continuing. Otherwise it's being read and just flushed right out of memory. I don't even remember the original poster's post now. To be honest though I never cared about the original poster's message either, and will not put effort to try and read it again.

If it had paragraphs then I would, but in it's current form... NO THANKS!
  • ello
    ello Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Neo: Choice, the problem is choice.

Architect: The first matrix I designed was quite naturally perfect; it was a work of art, flawless, sublime. A triumph equaled only by its monumental failure. The inevitability of its doom is apparent to me now as a consequence of the imperfection inherent in every human being. Thus, I redesigned it, Based on your history to more accurately reflect the varying grotesqueries of your nature. However I was again frustrated my failure. I have since come to understand that the answer eluded me because it required a lesser mind a mind less bound by the parameters of perfection.

:eek:

Vis a vie love.
    :D:):p
  • sealed
    sealed Posts: 781
    edited August 2008
    Options
    WTF does this have to do with Perfect World O.o

sealed~
  • tenkei
    tenkei Posts: 63
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Think the Matrix dialouge was the guys way of just stating how pointless this thread is. Have a friend that is like that. If something has little to no meaning he responds quoting scene's from a movie.
  • ello
    edited August 2008
    Options
    sealed wrote: »
    sealed~

Doged?! :D
  • ello
    edited August 2008
    Options
    tenkei wrote: »
    Think the Matrix dialouge was the guys way of just stating how pointless this thread is. Have a friend that is like that. If something has little to no meaning he responds quoting scene's from a movie.

Did you read the OP ?

Its not random at all .. try again ;)
  • sigoh
    edited August 2008
    Options
    ello wrote: »
    Neo: Choice, the problem is choice.

Architect: The first matrix I designed was quite naturally perfect; it was a work of art, flawless, sublime. A triumph equaled only by its monumental failure. The inevitability of its doom is apparent to me now as a consequence of the imperfection inherent in every human being. Thus, I redesigned it, Based on your history to more accurately reflect the varying grotesqueries of your nature. However I was again frustrated my failure. I have since come to understand that the answer eluded me because it required a lesser mind a mind less bound by the parameters of perfection.

:eek:

Vis a vie love.
    :D:):p

I like how you related the two. Its nice to see some people here with brains.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mazterl
    mazterl Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Ranting is an Artform so rarely seen done right. It seems that the OP and Junk thinks a rant is just letting out a mass of words in rapid suggesion, with no time to breathe or even rest the weary eyes. How sad.

No, a true rant would be a work of art, something that would catch the readers eyes and keep them enthraled for it's duration. The Perfection of Ranting lies in how well formulated it is and how it takes it form on paper or on the screen. In a Perfect World, there would be no need to rant on and on about senseless subjects or even to fill line after line with useful information about a simple game.

In a Perfect World, there would not even be the need for a thief of time and money, there would be no need for money at all. But alas, we do not live in Utopia and we most likely never will. The fact is, humans will always end up being corrupted. By money, by Power or even by the simplest instint of survival. History shows that humans will always strive for something, most notably, Power. It is either Power in form of control, power from wealth or simple Fear. Many have been succesfull in this, but in the end, nothing have ever lasted. Not even those with Power beyond dreams. Alexander the Great was undoubtedly one of the most powerful men in history and he fell and his empire crumpled. Rome, once dominating most of the World fell into ruin. This will also happen with todays ruling governments.

Now, back to the art of ranting. The essence of a rant is the meaning behind it. The need to get a point validated to the public. The best way to get the message delivered isn't on some game forum, it is not even on a Blog. No. The greatest ranters in the world are politians. They are filled with words and they use them freely. Many even tend to toss these fine words around without really making a valid point. But there are few who speak up in public. Making their voices heard by the masses and making a name for themselves by ranting on for hours about things dear to them. One such man was Martin Luther King. Oh how he could rant. He could hold hundreds of people captivated by simple words and even today, long after his death, do people still hold his wisdom dear to heart. But in the end, he was ranting, but he lifted the simple rant to heights rivaled only by works of Art. Like Michelangelos painting.

Anyone can put words next to one another, most can even make some sense of a rant, but only a True artist can make a rant into more than simple words. Because in the end, control and money holds no Power in itself. No, the real Power lay in the hands of those that can enthrall the masses by using the simplest of tools. Words.

Well, maybe I should end it here before I too end up being branded as ranting on adn on about nonsense and nothing. My point being simple.

Words. Learn to love them and they will serve you well. Do not spend your time on ranting on about a subject that you are not passionate about.
    "Normality is the Death of Personality,
    Less Idelogy, More Fantasy."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sigoh
    edited August 2008
    Options
    even in paragraph form i dont read rants...too much work ;p

I'm a great strategist/thinker/philosopher/(occult leader?)
    but I'm a very lazy one. I usually dont rant in text form, to much work...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ello
    edited August 2008
    Options
    ^^ That is a great rant Just as a small side note you shouldn't forget the people behind the king xD How much tax do we pay anyway?
  • mazterl
    mazterl Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    ello wrote: »
    ^^ That is a great rant Just as a small side note you shouldn't forget the people behind the king xD How much tax do we pay anyway?

That solely depends on how much you are willing to do, to hide from the scrying eyes of conspiracy theoretics ;)

Sig, I usually don't do rants either. But I love a good challenge.
    "Normality is the Death of Personality,
    Less Idelogy, More Fantasy."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • xarfox
    xarfox Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    This is extremely off-topic, and as a result being moved.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tofu
    tofu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    sigoh wrote: »
    heres a rant...

Fools... the lot of you.. pathetic. Using your twisted methods of blackmail and your inferior notions of sabotage, you think you can stop anyone? Believing yourselves to be gods among men with such obsolete weapons? It almost makes me laugh how insipid and inconcievelably reckless you are with false strength. Sabotage and blackmail were effective once upon a time, but no longer. Everyone has the power to use them, every one uses it freelly without restraint. Through using what they believe to be power they've lost all power, becuase anything at a constant becomes the norm, and anything thats normal cannot be power. Floods for example... just think of all the damage a flood can cause in an instant. IN AN INSTANT!!! now that power.. If the whole world were to be flodded at once, and remain flodded constantly what do you call that? If a flood was so powerful to cover the earth in water forever, what affect will it have if we all adjust to the new "norm" and former "power". It is no longer absolute, it is no longer meaningful, and it is no longer power... Sabotage and blackmail, they've become this flood.Any power they may have once had, jaded... Control is a more effective power, far more effective than all the others. Control through influence. but control can be easily destroyed by its one weakness, that weakness being bllackmail and sabotage. Through this Absolute power can not exist becuase the effective power is over ridden by the obsolete power. Obsoletion transcends absolution in this case, thus leaving this solution inviable. The only solution is to have nothing. The one who has nothing cannot be overpowered by sabotage blackmail or control, but in doing so one has no influence over any either. The one who has nothing exist outside the constructs sanity, an anomaly that can not be calculated and as seen as unworthy of calculation. Everyone is looking to win no one wants to not exist, no one strives to be left with nothing. it is this no one who has the true absolution, however. Chaopaths such as my self are born from this absolution. The world is destined for this absolution, and it is I who waits to control it. There will come a time when every one will want everything and will give everything they have in order to have it. in doing so everyone will be left using their everything to try and take everyone elses everything. The outcome is everything will be destroyed and everyone will be left with nothing... This, the birth of the everlasting absolute equilibrium. The new way of things, sustained by everyones new view of things... The Chaopathetic view of things... my view of things. No one will strive to have more. Everyone will strive to make sure everyone else who brought them down has less. Transcension sought after not by ascension of oneself but descension of everyone around onesself.. descension of the enemy. "If your not for me your against me" right? Everyone is for themself making it inevitable that everyone is against everyone else. Every little bit of powered gained will be used to destroy every little bit of power gained by everyone else. Everyone will have nothing...Everyone WILL BE no one... A state of everlasting Equilibrium will be sustained, And those like me will enjoy it...

Afterall, the most basic principle of Chaopathy: "The Goal is not victory for oneself, but defeat for ones oposition."

yeah at long as it didn't involve "perfect world" i stopped reading:/
  • sigoh
    edited August 2008
    Options
    woohoo my topic got moved. my plan is going perfectly o.o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • embl3m
    embl3m Posts: 494 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    sigoh wrote: »
    heres a rant...

what the **** are you talking about