One simple question!

Options
disco
disco Posts: 22 Arc User
edited August 2008 in General Discussion
Most of the times characters get deleted after the CBT. Is this gonna happen in PW too? Sry if this has been already posted or/and answered.
Thanks in advance!
Post edited by disco on

Comments

• kyou
    kyou Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Yes, the characters do get deleted.
    I asked the same question :)

Cheers.
  • ryuuzaki
    ryuuzaki Posts: 680 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Confirmation from the admins in the FAQ: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=6281
    Q : Will our chars be deleted at the end of closed beta?
    A : Yes, we are currently planning to wipe all characters at the end of our beta phase. (Xarfox)

Just so you have the official word on it too. ^_^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • disco
    disco Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    yay! tyvm guys!!!
  • tenkei
    tenkei Posts: 63
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Yeah, never seen a closed beta were the players got to keep their characters. Open Beta is usually when they get to do that, sometimes what you get from doing close beta though is an insentive of sorts. Some mantle or status item you can show off that tells everyone that joins you were part of the closed beta.

Hellgate: London it was a special dye that made any gear a black and gold theme. In Rappelz it was a customizing item that gave the character's model non-working wings that were very embroiled, kind of like what you see some NPCs in this game with (Though the game didn't have anything that was off the ground either). In others it was different unique things so the players that basically helped the developers don't feel to much like they wasted time.

Not saying they are going to do something like that here, just stating the common behaviors I see. One thing I haven't seen is any statement if maybe we will get some trinket item or something to that effect for doing the closed beta.
  • mazterl
    mazterl Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I have experienced MANY that give nothing of the sort to Beta testers. Which had me wondering for a long time if I even wanted to bother doing Beta. But when it comes to it, I love doing Beta. Mostly because I've played ALOT of F2P games that where bug riddle and nothing was done to change it *COUGH gunz COUGH*
    "Normality is the Death of Personality,
    Less Idelogy, More Fantasy."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tenkei
    tenkei Posts: 63
    edited August 2008
    Options
    mazterl wrote: »
    I have experienced MANY that give nothing of the sort to Beta testers. Which had me wondering for a long time if I even wanted to bother doing Beta. But when it comes to it, I love doing Beta. Mostly because I've played ALOT of F2P games that where bug riddle and nothing was done to change it *COUGH gunz COUGH*

Well you generalized Beta, if it's an Open Beta then yeah I've never seen any insentive given. On closed beta though especially the more resent ones I've seen more to were something is given, generally a trinket item but still has a fun application to the game.
  • emir
    emir Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    i like the idea but we cant be to greedy i guess i mean the game is free
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.