Well my suggestion is.....................dont delete our char after CB :mad:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by fireblood on

Comments

• ren
    ren Posts: 662 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Your suggestion is ridiculous and will be ignored like all the other people that asked the same. Premium items will be available for free testing purposes, and that wouldn't be fair.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Official PWI irc: (mirc command, opens in a new window and won't interfere with any servers you're already on) /server -m irc.deltaanime.net -j #pwint
  • arcane
    arcane Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I want characters to be delted.
    I want names to stay on accounts.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Doin' it my way.
  • ryuuzaki
    ryuuzaki Posts: 680 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    arcane wrote: »
    I want characters to be delted.
    I want names to stay on accounts.

If the characters are deleted, the names must also be deleted. They're one and the same.

Otherwise you wouldn't be able to use the name again when Open Beta starts. When you tried to create another character with the name, it will see it as in use already.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lockhart
    lockhart Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Imo character wipe is good, it is CB afterall.

But yeah would be nice to have the character names to be tied to account for a certain time. Meaning you would have the priviledge to create a character in OB with the same name you used in CB, and noone else could create a character with that name for the time period (maybe a 2/3 days, short time period). They did this in Atlantica from CB1 -> CB2, and it worked nicely.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Mihimaru ~ 4x Venomancer ~ Starlight ~ Heaven's Tear
    CB tester :D
  • mazterl
    mazterl Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    lockhart wrote: »
    Imo character wipe is good, it is CB afterall.

But yeah would be nice to have the character names to be tied to account for a certain time. Meaning you would have the priviledge to create a character in OB with the same name you used in CB, and noone else could create a character with that name for the time period (maybe a 2/3 days, short time period). They did this in Atlantica from CB1 -> CB2, and it worked nicely.

The character wipe is not only good. As I see it, it has to be done.

The purpose of BETA is to test for bugs, testing server stability and such. Then when the Open Beta starts, it will be open to everyone but is STILL in test phase.

So or course all characters should be wiped, to make sure that all the bugs have been dealt with. And who better to trust than those who played during the first test phases?
    "Normality is the Death of Personality,
    Less Idelogy, More Fantasy."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ren
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Names should not be reserved, period.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Official PWI irc: (mirc command, opens in a new window and won't interfere with any servers you're already on) /server -m irc.deltaanime.net -j #pwint
  • finasoa
    finasoa Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I think character items and gold and everything like that should be whiped...but I certainly would have liked to keep the character appearance and name.

Nevertheless, I highly doubt they'll let us keep the character appearance and name.
  • lockhart
    lockhart Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Well appearance you can keep, if the creation saves them the same way as MY did (and I cant see why it wouldnt).

But I'm curious ren, why not? I really dont mind which way they'll do, but some reasoning behind that would be nice to have, instead of just no :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Mihimaru ~ 4x Venomancer ~ Starlight ~ Heaven's Tear
    CB tester :D
  • ren
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Because many people in cb may quit and then the names won't be free for OB.
    Many people won't play til OB because they don't like being wiped, and their name may then be taken.

The only method I can see for allowing name reserves is login id, forum id, and fame.
    (example: everyone knows mystic was ambition so it's likely to get stolen. and everyone wants to steal the RQ clan name as well but probably wont beat mystic to it.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mas
    mas Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    ren wrote: »
    Names should not be reserved, period.

I totally accept your opinions, but where is the reasoning?

Anyway I totally understand the technical reasoning in why names can't be kept, but I'm sure a something could be worked out. People spend tons of money in the item mall, so I'm sure they wouldn't mind spending a little to retain their character's name. I know I wouldn't. If this was possible you should only be able to purchase a name owned by any of the characters you're currently playing of course.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    いっしょにヴェスパでとうきょうにいきましょうか?
  • jenova
    jenova Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Instead of deleting the characters, why not just reset everyone to level 1 with an empty inventory/gear?

Not that I particularly care, just throwing it out there.
  • bron
    bron Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    jenova has a great idea. Everybody has an inventory wipe with no money and resets to the starting location. I've seen this done in other games as a "prize" for being in CB, where people kept characters with the same name as their CB characters as a level 1 with an empty inventory and no money.

Doubt it would happen here though, judging by how MY did it.
    Proud Pre-Launch CO and Pre-Launch STO Lifetime Subscriber.
  • mas
    mas Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Ditto. jenova made a great point. I don't see why that couldn't be done. Let's just hope the developers consider this because I'd really like to keep my name. Perhaps if all the people in support of keeping their CB characters name get behind jenova's idea we could get a favoravble outcome, or at least get an official explanation in why it isn't possible.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    いっしょにヴェスパでとうきょうにいきましょうか?
  • moonstar
    moonstar Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    wiped them all :D

there will bee some which want to try different class or different race but still have the same name so thats why i say wiped them all

if he has the same character as in CB and was human mage and in OB want's to try barbarian or something else but want's to keep the same name how will put it you will eventualy delete the human mage char so you can use the name right? so again i say wiped them all:p
  • chii
    chii Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    wipe all chars and give those beta accounts premium xp ( i know that most mmorpg's have some kinda scroll / orb etc that gives bonus xp for set amount of days/months)
  • sakii
    sakii Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I'm lazy and haven't read the all the posts yet but, instead of deleting our characters, the ones we put all that time into, just simply set a limit to how long your account can remain inactive. That way they won't take up space. I don't know if anyopne hass suggested that or not but thats my opinion.
    Look me up, I'm on DA and Gaia .:D
    Username: Saki-Zombieslayer
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • embl3m
    embl3m Posts: 494 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    worst suggestion ever?
  • sakii
    sakii Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    mas wrote: »
    Ditto. jenova made a great point. I don't see why that couldn't be done. Let's just hope the developers consider this because I'd really like to keep my name. Perhaps if all the people in support of keeping their CB characters name get behind jenova's idea we could get a favoravble outcome, or at least get an official explanation in why it isn't possible.

I would love to atleast keep my character name.
    Look me up, I'm on DA and Gaia .:D
    Username: Saki-Zombieslayer
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • c453m4573r
    c453m4573r Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    ryuuzaki wrote: »
    If the characters are deleted, the names must also be deleted. They're one and the same.

Otherwise you wouldn't be able to use the name again when Open Beta starts. When you tried to create another character with the name, it will see it as in use already.

Good. I hate the idea of keeping the name. because if your OB character has a new name, someone out there who might want to use the old one would be out of luck.
  • elite
    elite Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    i think it's kinda good because there are some people who are lvl 30+ they are clearly botting or sharing accounts!