Anyone know how the leveling is?

Options
forsum
forsum Posts: 0 Arc User
edited April 2011 in General Discussion
Does anyone know how the leveling will be on this game? is it slow or fast?
"freedom can be frightening if you never felt it"
Server: Heavens Tear (PVE)
Class: Blade Master
Nick: Forzum
LvL: 2x
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by forsum on

Comments

• karmelia
    karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    forsum wrote: »

Fast to begin with (maybe from 1 to 40), then slower and slower as you reach the higher levels.

But I have seen game with far slower levelling than here.
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • foolrunning
    foolrunning Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    To give you an idea:
    There is a quest available (starting at lvl 30) that gives you about 10% of your exp (at my lvl its down to about 7% a day).
    You can do this quest once per day.
    Starting at lvl 70 there is another quest that you can do once per day that gives you the same amount.
    These quests don't require killing any monsters, either, and just take some time to complete.

So you should have no problem leveling at a descent speed. Far faster then any other MMO I've ever played, anyways. :D
  • itch
    itch Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    To give you an idea:
    There is a quest available (starting at lvl 30) that gives you about 10% of your exp (at my lvl its down to about 7% a day).
    You can do this quest once per day.
    Starting at lvl 70 there is another quest that you can do once per day that gives you the same amount.
    These quests don't require killing any monsters, either, and just take some time to complete.

So you should have no problem leveling at a descent speed. Far faster then any other MMO I've ever played, anyways. :D

Why do you have another server by another company and your ign and level/class in your signature here at Perfect World International ? This is not the **** MY-EN server.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • devotion
    devotion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    1-30 Is pure quests and it goes by quite quickly. The leveling slowly gets longer as you go up in level. The daily level 30 quest gives about 20-25% at the start and quest get you another 50?% so from about 34 on you will either have to grind a bit or wait till the next day for the daily quest. As you go on quests are almost eliminated.
    I like to rub it in. Enjoying the game?
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=1810092&postcount=6
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=3518732&postcount=17
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=3986762&postcount=6
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • taelrak
    taelrak Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Leveling is incredibly fast right up until 60ish with tons of quests. You can get to 60 in 1-2 weeks if you're efficient or less if you're fast.

After 60ish, it tapers off a bit, and by the time you hit 70 and especially 80, quests will hardly give you any exp at all. There are also daily repeatable quests as mentioned above that you start to get around then that give quite a bit, but by the time you hit 80, even those won't give as much as you'd like.

However, after 60, you can group grind or do zhen groups (depending on class), which makes up for this. It's expensive, but if you're willing to go this route, you can still easily get 1-3 levels a day right up until lvl 80ish. Keep in mind that this route is expensive, and that there are a limited # of spots you can zhen at any given level, and some of these spots are highly contested, especially if you're in a pvp guild.

If you're willing to keep eating hieros, you can get to 89 fairly quickly. However, by then, leveling has slowed (even with zhen or group grinding) to at most 1 level every other day or more. If you're not willing to pay for zhen/group grinding, then you'll probably get a level only every week or so at best unless you're incredibly patient and persistent. By the time you get past 89, leveling will have slowed considerably, and I don't even consider solo leveling feasible up past that point (of course, I'm impatient....I'm sure there are many patient venomancers that will tell me differently).

Finally, there are item shop items that you can buy that will increase the daily quests you can do and etc.. Obviously those cost a lot of money, but they do make leveling faster.
  • serrat
    serrat Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Who gives this daily quest (on my-en for example)? I dont want to miss it here.
  • foolrunning
    foolrunning Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    itch wrote: »
    Why do you have another server by another company and your ign and level/class in your signature here at Perfect World International ? This is not the **** MY-EN server.
    Lets see...
    1. People don't usually take you seriously unless you have a high post count so I post my in-game level so people actually think I might know what I'm talking about.
    2. Oh, yeah... PWI isn't playable yet, so I don't have a PWI character. :rolleyes:

EDIT: On MY-EN the people that give you the quests are in west Ancient Dragon City. It should be easy to find them with the quest search button.
  • embl3m
    embl3m Posts: 494 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    serrat wrote: »
    Who gives this daily quest (on my-en for example)? I dont want to miss it here.

lvl 30 = Eunice

60+ = Rosalind
  • devotion
    devotion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    embl3m wrote: »
    lvl 30 = Eunice

60+ = Rosalind

Theres also wq at 70
    I like to rub it in. Enjoying the game?
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=1810092&postcount=6
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=3518732&postcount=17
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=3986762&postcount=6
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • vanquish
    vanquish Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    There are also Dragon Quests to do also. Those are repeatable as often as possible, giving you have the required items. those start at lvl 20 and come again at 31 and every ten lvls. Eunice is lvl 30-60, Rosalind is 61+ and Amergo is 70+ for world quest . There is also hourly Trumble missions at 60+. You can also help lower lvl ppl with fb's (dungeons), for exp and reputation.
    There is no speech, nor are there words, whose voice is not heard.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • karmelia
    karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    embl3m wrote: »
    lvl 30 = Eunice

60+ = Rosalind

The npc names won't be the same anyway.

But you have quest informations that give you the location of each npc who have quest for you, and a kind of GPS radar that can help you pinpoint where that location is on the map, and an arrow pointing in the said direction.

You must really try very hard to not find an NPC in this game.
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • kitsunee
    kitsunee Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I dnt think it's easy as most games to lvl, sure there's quest but they usually involve a LOT of time to complete...There's more component like familiarising with the hotbar lay out(thats constantly changing due to you aquire new skill 'etc')...Production skills such as crafting that require you to collect crafting items or farm gold to buy it, also the actual production needed to lvl the crafting skills, just learning your way around (even ADC is massive) and having to use forum for locate bosses, 'etc'.

I see your knowing that the quests are where they are but as a new player it's actually quite time consuming to get to grips with unless you want to lvl in zhen in low lvl armor or, well I just dnt see how its easy sorry...

Then do all the noob stuff when u high lvl, which seems pointless...in compare to other mmo where you have little start area etc...This is hard game to get to grips with as far as gaming axpeirience, to lvl once you know everything is easy...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sonata
    sonata Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    How can you say it's not easy to lvl? I've played a few other games where just getting to lvl 20 is a pain. Needless to say when I saw how bloody hard it was, I quit. This game gives you so many quests at the beginning that you don't need to grind, i have a 43 lvl wf in MY-EN and barely play her except to do the day quest because I'm bored with grinding.

I know someone who grind then does his quests when he's three or four lvls ahead. It is easier because you can usually solo bosses, but to me that's just too much work when you can do a couple of quests as a lowbie and get the same amount of exp that you do grinding for 2 or so hours.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lost City PVP: SonataStar - Venomancer 1x
  • arcane
    arcane Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Daily quest helps alot :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Doin' it my way.
  • sonata
    edited August 2008
    Options
    arcane wrote: »
    Daily quest helps alot :P

And that's what I'm saying, but I get bored so I go play with my lowbie EP that I have.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kitsunee
    edited August 2008
    Options
    sonata wrote: »
    How can you say it's not easy to lvl?

I didn't say tht
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sonata
    edited August 2008
    Options
    kitsunee wrote:
    I dnt think it's easy as most games to lvl,

That's what you said right?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kitsunee
    edited August 2008
    Options
    sonata wrote: »
    kitsunee wrote:
    I dnt think it's easy as most games to lvl,

That's what you said right?

I kno, lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • gawei
    gawei Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    leveling in PW is very boring once you get into the habit of joining aoe groups to level especially for archers, mages and priests. all you do is sit in one spot and leave one aoe skill on for pretty much the entire duration. there is no fun in that and it definitely takes a lot of patience to go through that day after day to reach the higher levels. i only made it to 79 as a mage before i couldn't take it anymore. i'll be trying the solo route here with a different class and i'm sure it'll become dull and repetitive eventually but at least i'll be active and playing the game.
  • xylent
    xylent Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    gawei wrote: »
    leveling in PW is very boring once you get into the habit of joining aoe groups to level especially for archers, mages and priests. all you do is sit in one spot and leave one aoe skill on for pretty much the entire duration. there is no fun in that and it definitely takes a lot of patience to go through that day after day to reach the higher levels. i only made it to 79 as a mage before i couldn't take it anymore. i'll be trying the solo route here with a different class and i'm sure it'll become dull and repetitive eventually but at least i'll be active and playing the game.

Isn't that exactly how most MMOs end up. Even lvl70 WoW raids have you standing in a mob doing the exaclt same roles and putting the aoes on the ground. -Guess that is where TW steps in.
  • taelrak
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Actually, if you thought aoe groups took a long time and was boring, do you have any idea how much longer and more tedious solo grinding those levels are? Zhen, for most of the levels 60+, is the 2nd fastest method of consistent leveling that I can think of.

Besides, the main attraction of zhen is that you don't have to do anything except afk there as a DD or healer. People who multi-account can play other chars (it's not too odd to find the same person playing 3 DD, the healer, and one lurer in a zhen group at times), or just go off and do other things. I remember every once in a while during a FB run, one of my group members would make us wait a minute because a round of zhen had finished for another character and he needed to reset his array. I think the only reason I played PW-MY so long was because I could just set up zhen and then go off and do other stuff that I actually needed to do.

For people who actually pay attention during zhen, you can just chat and try to keep the lurers awake (I find all but the best lurers tend to become less efficient after 4-5 rounds). You still feel like you "played" your character because after 80 the levels take so long (and esp after 90) that you still feel you put in significant "active" time even not counting the days of zhen.
  • gawei
    edited August 2008
    Options
    xylent wrote: »
    Isn't that exactly how most MMOs end up. Even lvl70 WoW raids have you standing in a mob doing the exaclt same roles and putting the aoes on the ground. -Guess that is where TW steps in.

yes most mmos end up being repetitive after a certain point but this is the only one i have played where you are forced to stand still with certain classes for effective aoe grinding. there certainly are good mmos out there that don't have this but i have poured enough years into them to move on.
  • gawei
    edited August 2008
    Options
    taelrak, your post doesn't make me like aoe grinding any more. it really comes down to preference. as i said, i like to actually play the game and be active instead of sitting in one spot without having to pay attention.
  • taelrak
    edited August 2008
    Options
    gawei wrote: »
    yes most mmos end up being repetitive after a certain point but this is the only one i have played where you are forced to stand still with certain classes for effective aoe grinding. there certainly are good mmos out there that don't have this but i have poured enough years into them to move on.

You're not "forced to". You can go grind in butterflies and fish for exp too. I'd rather stand still in an array than spam the same hotkey combo over and over again though.
  • gawei
    edited August 2008
    Options
    taelrak wrote: »
    You're not "forced to". You can go grind in butterflies and fish for exp too. I'd rather stand still in an array than spam the same hotkey combo over and over again though.

i said you are forced to stand still while aoe grinding and it is absolutely true with certain classes. read my post again.
  • taelrak
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Ah, so you were talking only about aoe grinding. But that's still not accurate then, since not all mmorpgs even allow you to aoe grind. On the other hand, there are mmorpgs that make group members take up certain positions on the field, or stay in one location, in order to grind effectively in certain situations depending on your class - that's fairly similar.

In any event, even as a wizard or healer or archer, you have options while in a zhen party. There's no rule that states you have to be DD in that party. Skilled flying clerics can lure insanely large swarms of mobs at certain locations - even more than wb or wr. I can't count the number of EA (read "cheap") who decided to lure on their pets instead of act as DD. Even a mage can act as lurers on a mount depending on location.

Sure, someone will have to be standing still in a zhen party to make it work - but regardless of your class, it doesn't necessarily have to be you.
  • kitsunee
    edited August 2008
    Options
    1-30 =2 days for no lifer, learning wtf your doing takes 2-3 days more...

Sometimes, on your cultivation quests for example it takes about 24 hours to kill the mobs and report to the appropriate npc if your not O.O wasd *playing like crazy to finish it* or you miraculously know all mobs and location names. This for me isnt quick compared to most games where I can get to lvl 30 in 2 days feeling comfortable and familiarized with every thing.

Also it's gonna be tough planning groups for those FBs with no high lvl to moddie coddle you

Hey lets not argue, for me some aspects are slow for others all are quick so I guess we can say that the lvling path is variable depending who you are you may consider it easy you may concider it harder than average but yea 70+ = Stand there spending [whatever cash shop currency will be called]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • taelrak
    edited August 2008
    Options
    kitsunee wrote: »
    1-30 =2 days for no lifer, learning wtf your doing takes 2-3 days more...

Sometimes, on your cultivation quests for example it takes about 24 hours to kill the mobs and report to the appropriate npc if your not O.O wasd *playing like crazy to finish it* or you miraculously know all mobs and location names. This for me isnt quick compared to most games where I can get to lvl 30 in 2 days feeling comfortable and familiarized with every thing.

Also it's gonna be tough planning groups for those FBs with no high lvl to moddie coddle you

Hey lets not argue, for me some aspects are slow for others all are quick so I guess we can say that the lvling path is variable depending who you are you may consider it easy you may concider it harder than average but yea 70+ = Stand there spending [whatever cash shop currency will be called]

The ingame quest and coordinate system actually tell you where all the npcs are (except for the 3-4 quests that were bugged in MY). http://pw.rob-soft.com/m1.php will let you locate most mobs in the game.

But yea, getting groups for cultivation will be annoying now - especially if you end up having to delay getting new skills if you can't find a group.

Also, it'll be harder to simply buy DQ mats en masse at first, which will limit leveling too.
  • ello
    ello Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    forsum wrote: »

Might be just one level at a time :confused: Well maybe not if you go WB :D
  • kitsunee
    edited August 2008
    Options
    taelrak wrote: »
    The ingame quest and coordinate system actually tell you where all the npcs are (except for the 3-4 quests that were bugged in MY). http://pw.rob-soft.com/m1.php will let you locate most mobs in the game.

But yea, getting groups for cultivation will be annoying now - especially if you end up having to delay getting new skills if you can't find a group.

Also, it'll be harder to simply buy DQ mats en masse at first, which will limit leveling too.

TY sir, my point...

Also robsoft great for ppl who use forum today, I dn't need it btw, but thnks for the offer :p

OOpps also forgot robsoft got MY mob name*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]