Client version

escapism
escapism Posts: 2 Arc User
edited August 2008 in General Discussion
What is the client version shown up when u launch PWi?
Post edited by escapism on

Comments

• vyron
    vyron Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I'll tell you in about 27 mins if someone else hasn't answered the question yet :D
  • jamsan
    jamsan Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    1.3.9 build 2265
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Surprise Bear says: "Look for the prize with every surprise!"
    Approximately 13% of all forum pages mention RQ, as confirmed by Google.
  • karmelia
    karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    escapism wrote: »
    What is the client version shown up when u launch PWi?

1.3.9 build 2265
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • nounours
    nounours Posts: 453
    edited August 2008
    PW-My is 1.3.1 Build 2265

and Pw..............I,
    1.3.1 Build 2265

that make a hug deference btw those vs?
  • karmelia
    edited August 2008
    nounours wrote: »
    PW-My is 1.3.1 Build 2265
    that make a hug deference btw those vs?

In a game, higher version genreally means more stuff available and/or less bugs.
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • escapism
    escapism Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    erm, so its 1.3.1 or 1.3.9??
  • soukyuu
    soukyuu Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    this version: 1.3.9
    malaysian: 1.3.1
    PW has been endless frustration for me #2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • nounours
    nounours Posts: 453
    edited August 2008
    Do someone know what is the Chiness version???
  • elysium
    elysium Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Why is the build number the same as from PW-MY?

PW-MY-EN: 1.3.1
    PW-INT: 1.3.9
    PW-CHINA: 1.5.2

It does not look that updated to me... is it maybe because translations of new content is not complete yet? I don't think 1.3.x has the new expansion pack (release in April 2008) in it yet? But hey, Closed Beta hasn't even started, let's see which version we're playing when Open Beta starts in ~4-5 weeks.
  • karmelia
    edited August 2008
    elysium wrote: »
    t does not look that updated to me...

What we have seen so far :

1 - there are more skills available for Blademasters in this version than in MY-EN.

2 - there are more pet rides available in this version than in MY-EN.

So yes, this version is more up to date than the My-EN one.

• elysium
    elysium Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    karmelia wrote: »
    What we have seen so far :

1 - there are more skills available for Blademasters in this version than in MY-EN.

2 - there are more pet rides available in this version than in MY-EN.

So yes, this version is more up to date than the My-EN one.

Yeah, I've seen that the build number for some reason doesn't change with the 1.3.x patches... and yes, this version *is* a lot more up to date than PW-MY, but still, 1.3.20 was the last version in China before the expansion pack... maybe we've seen a work-in-progress version in the videos which had a newer build or there were already new spells before the expansion, I personally think that PW-INT will catch up in the coming weeks...
  • karmelia
    edited August 2008
    elysium wrote: »
    Yeah, I've seen that the build number for some reason doesn't change with the 1.3.x patches... and yes, this version *is* a lot more up to date than PW-MY, but still, 1.3.20 was the last version in China before the expansion pack...

I also remember that they said in the MY-EN server that the version number does not mean much, since the content of patches can vary greatly from one server to another.

• soukyuu
    soukyuu Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    i believe they were talking about the patch numbers, not client version numbers.
    PW has been endless frustration for me #2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • phate
    phate Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    The US will get the changes in Chinese version about a year later. This has been the case with almost every MMO.
  • itch
    itch Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    phate wrote: »
    The US will get the changes in Chinese version about a year later. This has been the case with almost every MMO.

Except PWE is subsidiary of Beijing Perfect World Co. and it has already been stated many times even Jonathan Belliss has said it, that we are gonna be up-to-date with the chinese version.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • teajunkie
    teajunkie Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    phate wrote: »

The admins have stated a number of times that this version will catch up sooner rather than later. I'd go by what they say rather than your generalized view of mmos.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Lost City PvP server
    Teru ~ 6x cleric
  • jamsan
    jamsan Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I don't expect they'll release a large content upgrade before the game is full out of the gate though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Surprise Bear says: "Look for the prize with every surprise!"
    Approximately 13% of all forum pages mention RQ, as confirmed by Google.
  • ulfrun
    ulfrun Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    i agree with jamsan, (thay prob will not release a large content upgrade before the game is full out of the gate though) as he said, after all this is CB a testing phase, but in OB if everything goes well thay mignt release some small patches/updates, im just asuming i dont know
  • lipe124
    lipe124 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    remmeber the game stil hasnt been patched from the official server, I'm guessin on tuesday there will be some patch avail.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Higurashi no Naku Koro ni - Go watch it alone ;)
  • kelo
    kelo Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I agree too: every other F2P game I played, I played it from a company that had no direct relationship with the developers of the game. They could only wait until they were sent things to have fun with.

Perfect World Entertainment being directly related to Beijing Perfect World Co., I think we can put more trust in their words, because if they request something from China, they are most likely to get it quite fast. Staying on par with China's updates is the promise Jonathan Belliss made from the very beginning, and I hope they'll be able to do it ^^ Well, maybe one version behind because they need to translate, but still, that would be nice. In fact, it's possible PWE gets the patches before they're even downloadable in China to start translating as soon as possible (that would be the best case scenario).

I'm also curious about the patch we will get when launching it for the first time ^^
    ~ Through the darkest of night, we shall shine brightly, revealing the path to both friendship and glory ~
    Kelovar, Radiance executor
This discussion has been closed.