Missing Files??

primata
primata Posts: 0 Arc User
edited August 2008 in General Discussion
I there!

I have a problem, my client download have just finished and fr my surprise i can't extrac it....
it says that is corrupted.. i don't see any executable inside the zip file
the files inside are : AutoRun.inf , check.md , data1.pck, data2.pck, data3.pck, data4.pck and copyright.txt

is this normal?? i made the direct download winrar says the file may be a multipart, can anyone help me please? I really loved to play the game it seems awsome
Post edited by primata on

Comments

• itch
    itch Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Use the torrent download link with uTorrent. Thats what I did. I heard someone else had problems with the .zip file from direct download too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sahrai
    sahrai Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    itch wrote: »
    Use the torrent download link with uTorrent. Thats what I did. I heard someone else had problems with the .zip file from direct download too.

dot dot dot ...

You downloaded it? *cough*

You HEARD someone else had problems with the dd? *cough*
    Official PWI irc: irc.deltaanime.net #pwint
    IdleRPG with hilarious customizations included. No chat penalty; others remain the same.
  • itch
    itch Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    sahrai wrote: »
    dot dot dot ...

You downloaded it? *cough*

You HEARD someone else had problems with the dd? *cough*

*whistles* yeaaaa.... I uhh.. saw that someone else had problems with it..
    You downloaded it... :o:o:o I sorry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • primata
    edited August 2008
    thanks men,
    I just hope that this time will no be in vain.... i've spent a lot of time whit the direct download and now does't work :(

i'll try the torrent,, hoping to be better

sorry you all for my bad english :p
  • lipe124
    lipe124 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    you need top update winrar. i had the same and almost took a dump in my pants :P Was just my winrar that was to old.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Higurashi no Naku Koro ni - Go watch it alone ;)
  • ryuuzaki
    ryuuzaki Posts: 680 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I used the direct download and it was absolutely fine. So yes, just try the latest version of WinRAR, or 7zip (which is a completely free util).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • primata
    edited August 2008
    amazing wow new version of winrar new files apear thanks a lot guy see you in the game =)
  • ryuuzaki
    ryuuzaki Posts: 680 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    If you extract the zip file again with a different/updated extraction utility, and install.exe still cannot be found in the extracted folder - grab yourself a torrent client (like http://utorrent.com/ ).

Rename the zip file you already downloaded to "Perfect World International.zip" (i.e. remove the underscores).

Open your torrent program, and set the download path in the Options... either set it to where the Zip file already is, or pick a location and move the Zip file to that location.

Click this link: http://download.perfectworld.com/pwi/clients/Perfect_World_International.torrent

The torrent program should automatically check the zip file and replace any missing files, or corrupted parts.

Edit: or the new version of WinRAR might just work. >_<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.