East/West Server Population

Options
tofu
tofu Posts: 0 Arc User
edited August 2008 in General Discussion
Just was wondering..
.wouldn't the east coast server have alot more people playing because Europe would choose it over the west coast because it is closer? so this would greatly affect the amount of players in each server. i dont see any other places where the west coast could have some more people, i mean the people from asia would probably stick to PW-My. (i like alot of people, but i hate lag :()
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• wimpknuckles
    wimpknuckles Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Yup :D I will probably go East because I live in the Netherlands...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.
    When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.
  • showharu
    showharu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Depends who want to be with who. lol:D
  • soukyuu
    soukyuu Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    on the other hand, people from asia will most likely go to the west server because it's nearer to them than the east one.
    PW has been endless frustration for me #2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ryuuzaki
    ryuuzaki Posts: 680 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    A lot of Americans and Canadians in the more central regions of the continent (as well as more western) might choose the western servers. The Aussies/Kiwis would probably use those too.

Probably going west myself, actually. I'll create characters on all and see which works best over time. ^_^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ayako55
    ayako55 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    ALL go east. Dont choose PvE and we're straight.:)
    Xtacy
  • wimpknuckles
    wimpknuckles Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    ayako55 wrote: »
    What he said ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.
    When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.
  • ryuuzaki
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Awesome. The Western PvE server shall be all mine! Muahahaha!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • emir
    emir Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    ayako55 wrote: »

wow ye ur straight (sarcasm)

anway wont each east and west have ther own pvp and pve servers?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bobobob
    bobobob Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I still don't know if Canadian people are allowed to play, if they are I will be in east coast since I live in Toronto.
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=15790000&dateline=1218674145
    Your Current Signature Picture[/SIGPIC]
    bobobob = AccuXracy and Accu
  • ark
    ark Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Well, my guild has currently the most votes for the West server(PvP). That's wehere we're headed if the polls don't change much.
    As a Guild,

Live as One, fight as One, win as One.
    Strength in Unity,
    Order through Chaos,
    Victory united.
  • karmelia
    karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    bobobob wrote: »
    I still don't know if Canadian people are allowed to play,

Yes they are.
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • innis
    innis Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Any nation without a licensed version of PW are allowed to play the International version. (if my memory serves me well.....which it doesnt often..but i'm pretty sure i'm right this time.. :p
  • soukyuu
    soukyuu Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    a bit different.. any region that didn't have an official server when PW-Intl was announced can play here. That's why Europe is not blocked - PW-EU was announced after PW-Intl
    PW has been endless frustration for me #2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ayako55
    ayako55 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    emir wrote: »
    wow ye ur straight (sarcasm)

anway wont each east and west have ther own pvp and pve servers?

What the hell is that supposed to mean? -.-
    Xtacy
  • balthazar
    balthazar Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Um,

I would advise North American players to go West, seeing as we're on the Western Side of the world =D
  • anima
    anima Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I live in the West, but most of my guild members came from EU and the East... I guess I will play in East PVP server then.
    Good job PWI GMs, at least you show that you supported both side. Keep up the good work.
    Why...so...serious?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tofu
    tofu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    anima wrote: »
    I live in the West, but most of my guild members came from EU and the East... I guess I will play in East PVP server then.
    Good job PWI GMs, at least you show that you supported both side. Keep up the good work.

im glad that GM's support both sides, but it really hurts that our united forums of PWI :) will be seperated in half (looks like alot more is going east) :/ i hope they change it to a universal server :(((
  • ryuuzaki
    edited August 2008
    Options
    tofu wrote: »
    im glad that GM's support both sides, but it really hurts that our united forums of PWI :) will be seperated in half (looks like alot more is going east) :/ i hope they change it to a universal server :(((

Well... the only way to do that is to have one primary server with multiple channels, and they've already said it was never designed that way in the first place.

So, without channels... there has to be multiple servers. People were always going to be split up, one way or another.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • xylent
    xylent Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    tofu wrote: »
    Just was wondering..
    .wouldn't the east coast server have alot more people playing because Europe would choose it over the west coast because it is closer? so this would greatly affect the amount of players in each server. i dont see any other places where the west coast could have some more people, i mean the people from asia would probably stick to PW-My. (i like alot of people, but i hate lag :()

and also because the biggest concentration of the combined populations of both the US and Canada are on the east coast. It is probably safer to say, despite the ping difference, the west coast servers won't be as crowded and would in turn mean less player caused lag and player caused head aches - it is a speculation though we will see once the servers are up and both sets ping from California then it wouldn't matter.
  • karmelia
    karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Unless, like someone else before said, that the even on the west and east server won't be timed at the same time.

Then, choosing your server will moslty be a matter of when those event will best suit your gaming hours.

An admin clarification on this would be nice.
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • xkwisite
    xkwisite Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    bobobob wrote: »
    I still don't know if Canadian people are allowed to play, if they are I will be in east coast since I live in Toronto.

Without a doubt Canadians will be allowed to play. They've only stated that countries with their own version of PW will be IP banned. Excluding Europe that is.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • birdie
    birdie Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    they forgot us folks in texas. centrally located :). come on august 19
  • ganja
    ganja Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Too bad this forum doesnt support 'poll system' I would really like to see the numbers instead your opinnions lol :D:D
  • danubus37
    danubus37 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Im going west coast. I live in IL but play on West coast servers in other games and it works out just perfect for me. So, not going to break tradition.
  • match
    match Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    You guys are underestimating the westcoast, if you seen other online games with states status. Cali always have the most registered user in bout any online games out there thats in English. Even with the combination of one biggest state from Canada, Europe and East US it doesn't even add up to the number of gamers in California. Not to mention New York comes in second out all the states of ANY country. Still Cali as number one have about 3 4 times more then the second most...NY. Including the whole Westside of North America, pretty sure their going to do fine.
  • stroopwafel
    stroopwafel Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    match wrote: »
    You guys are underestimating the westcoast, if you seen other online games with states status. Cali always have the most registered user in bout any online games out there thats in English. Even with the combination of one biggest state from Canada, Europe and East US it doesn't even add up to the number of gamers in California. Not to mention New York comes in second out all the states of ANY country. Still Cali as number one have about 3 4 times more then the second most...NY. Including the whole Westside of North America, pretty sure their going to do fine.

Europe doesn't have states :P And I highly doubt that CA will have more players than any one COUNTRY in Europe. Germany for example is a big country with a resonable gamer population (One of the biggest gaming expo's is held in Leipzig, Germany :P)
  • auspower
    auspower Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    im from australia and i cant wait till the 19th
This discussion has been closed.