So what are your thoughts on PKing?

2»

Comments

• karmelia
    karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    xylent wrote: »
    I have not seen the severaty of the so called ganking in this game

It was not too bad on the malaysian servers.

You only need to be careful. You have a radar that warn you of incoming player. When you see a green dot coming toward you, keep an eye on him.
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • wimpknuckles
    wimpknuckles Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    karmelia wrote: »

You only need to be careful. You have a radar that warn you of incoming player. When you see a green dot coming toward you, keep an eye on him.
    That reply somehow scared me lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.
    When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.
  • xylent
    xylent Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    karmelia wrote: »

Well I plan to roll mainly on the PVE server for the same reasons you have mentioned before. I'd like the PvP and PK to exclusively be between those who want to by flagging that way I know I am getting an opponent that is not going to drop like a fly. Then I also plan to make one on the pvp server for fun xD.

They should change the radar player colours based on PK status. Thus a red name or flagged player approaching you would be highlighted from a player who isn't.
  • t0yo
    t0yo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    That reply somehow scared me lol

XD In pw-my I rarely got ganked but if youre in a bad mood its best to check around you just in case its your unlucky day.

Archers can be a nuisance
    troll wrote: »
    oh i see how it is!

soon as my back is turned you're away flirting with others :rolleyes:

How is that flirting bejb D;?*clingz*
  • wimpknuckles
    edited August 2008
    t0yo wrote: »
    Archers can be a nuisance
    I'm planning on making a Male Archer as my main so.....>=)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • t0yo
    t0yo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I'm planning on making a Male Archer as my main so.....>=)

Likewise lollers ;D I have so much hate now I can't not pvp D:
  • lipe124
    lipe124 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    The only pvp I hate in PW is ppl that break up zhen/aoe parties and high lvls that kill you when ur trying to get mats for wood. I stil beleive pvp would be better with dolls disabled, at least you'd feel worried when ur red then.

So I'll just roll pve and enjoy my game :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Higurashi no Naku Koro ni - Go watch it alone ;)
  • cerberus
    cerberus Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    So I'll just roll pve and enjoy my game

so after you enjoy the game i think in the future you will want to pk
  • wimpknuckles
    edited August 2008
    Indeed, because in the end, why do we want to become so damn strong? 2 things.

#1: So that people can look at your gear and think ''Oh my, he's so pro! Look, he has that bow! He must've been through so much trouble to get that, omg, so jealous!''

#2 Let me quote a line ''Let the bodies hit the Floor''. Uber pwnage at PvP for more reputation from the community/guild/friends!(Horrible song, just horrible...but it makes a point about this ;))

That's really it. The main reasons why people play MMO's besides having fun and being social while playing games and such.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • shizo
    shizo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    anjali wrote: »
    Hello everyone!

I've been reading all of these threads on PK penalties, and I'm getting a little nervous about them. I'm also learning that maybe not a lot of people condone PKing?

I'm coming to this game from a different MMO that is heavily into PvP and PK. At first I didn't like it, but now I'm greeting guild members with a friendly PK poke (it's fun!). There were penalties, like being sent to jail and losing honor points, but nothing terrible like losing loot.

So what I want to know is, what are other people's feelings on PK and PvP? How are you going to treat this game's implementations of PK punishments?

I just hope, that i do not forget to fly into towns, or a guard will kill me >___<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Shizo - Blademaster 9x - Conqueror

Quitted trolling the forums. PM me ingame, if want something

Sig by Sev.
  • kyou
    kyou Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Do not want :(
  • severan
    severan Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    deltek wrote: »
    hope no1 picks on the real low levels, if they do , this will start a tradition of griefing that will never stop

just like in WoW

lol

zomg Delly! /hustle

@topic
    PK?! yea sure... it's like a lifeline. NO PK = NO FUN ^^

if you're not comfortable with PK go and play on a PVE server, you'll be safe there as long as you don't go into aggressive mode.
    Sever: Lost City
    Making players RageQuit since 2004

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hello, You have reached Severan on The RQ carebear's automated phone system
    To tell me I've got no life and I live in my mom's basement, press 1. To tell me that you are logging on your level 90 character to kick the **** out of me, press 2. To tell me that your friend is a GM and you're getting me banned, press 3. To tell me RQ is going to fail and talk more **** about RunQuick press 4. If none of these options fit your need please hold the line for idiot assistance, they will be with you shortly...
  • arcane
    arcane Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I PunchKick all the time
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Doin' it my way.
  • match
    match Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Anyway

The PK system is not that bad, but PW PVP Arena is even more amazing. Just plain good fun in there.

Take a look > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61I4w177WnE
  • reality
    reality Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    We will destroy the homosapiens.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • hong
    hong Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Guilds usually know guilds. I mean, if their stupid enough to mess with *Insert guild name here* they'd be rapidly owned in any tactics. I mean, like me. When I'm bored I mess around with the most zergiest guild ever, cause it's entertaining seeing them flaming, "YOU SUCK, HAHAHAHHA". And I just don't give a **** and just move on =) And find more of them to play around. Of course, most of the time I pick guilds near our level and when I'm positive we can handle the zerg ones, I go for them.

Of course, that's when KoS begins. "Haha, your guild is KoS now". And so the fun begins =) Of course, with the PK penalty here, it's rather risky doing these things. If you play smart, you should be fine. But the risk is that if you have dumb people in your guild, they'd oftenly go emo and quit your guild.
    RoC.
This discussion has been closed.