Any European players out here?

wimpknuckles
wimpknuckles Posts: 2 Arc User
edited September 2008 in General Discussion
Like the title said, will any players from Europe join this International version at all?

I'm having this odd feeling I'm the only one out of....5 others or whatever...since the EU ver. will air a month later which I won't join.

So, let me hear you people, so that I may have a warm feeling inside ;)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.
When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.
Post edited by wimpknuckles on

Comments

• itch
    itch Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Probably like 50% of the community here is from EU.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • soukyuu
    soukyuu Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    *points at his location* ;)
    PW has been endless frustration for me #2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • troll
    troll Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    i'm from a totally unrelated country somewhere else but thought i'd post here anyway.

do you think server A or server B is best for me?

sorry, couldn't resist ;)
  • karmelia
    karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Like the title said, will any players from Europe join this International version at all?

Half the clients I can see connected on BT are outside of North America.

Many europeans, a couple of asians (1 chinese), 5 brazilians (don't those guys know they'll be IP banned here?)

And 10 downloaders from Poland... The Polish invasion of PWE?

I have the feeling that Europeans won't be the majority, but that many will play here.
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • wimpknuckles
    edited August 2008
    That's good to hear! I hope I can somehow join a guild with many Europeans, so that they won't be offline everytime I log, or plan events which would be at midnight in my case.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • t0yo
    t0yo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Italian here. Specifically I live in Malta. Nobody knows where it is >_<;;

all the friggin gamers here play CoD =_=
  • mazterl
    mazterl Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Another European right here. Redhaired Viking from the glorious island of Burgundia (Bornholm)
    "Normality is the Death of Personality,
    Less Idelogy, More Fantasy."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • olks
    olks Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    i am from europ :D i am from Estonia
    and i welcome every other European :p
  • karmelia
    edited August 2008
    t0yo wrote: »
    Specifically I live in Malta. Nobody knows where it is >_<;;

Well, I know where it is...

I've been a stamps collectors when i was young, it gives you good skills in geography ^_^
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • lamboo
    lamboo Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    HEYAAA hetse a other european player from The netherlands my girfreind plays this game 2 soo dat makes 2 more europian gammerzzz Well .. Cya in game Mate !
  • lunny
    lunny Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I'm from the United Kingdom :D does the europe one have a site yet?
  • jacktheriper
    jacktheriper Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Man this dude was happy for some reason. But yeah there are some europeans here so not to worry and hopefully they know english too so you can comunicate with them in game (in all games ive played spanish people never stick to that rule, if there is a line that says "english/german only").
  • wildd
    wildd Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    From the UK, and me and the people I'm playing with will not be playing EU version. Specifically since the company running it are Muppet's for want of a better word.
  • ryuuzaki
    ryuuzaki Posts: 680 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Technically I'm from Europe, being born and raised in the UK. But now I live in the States. ^_^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • xara
    xara Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    It is good to see that at least several european players are also going to join the CB here. I'm from Finland and hopefully i'm not the only one :D
  • karmelia
    edited August 2008
    xara wrote: »
    I'm from Finland and hopefully i'm not the only one :D

No. I saw a couple of finnish flags on BT yestarday.

• jesmona
    jesmona Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    yup good ole england here xD:p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • erado
    erado Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    im from the netherlands too, i think there will be quite alot of players from europe playing... there always are.
  • wimpknuckles
    edited August 2008
    Question is, if they won't switch to Europe, when the time is there ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lockhart
    lockhart Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    *waves*

From Europe aswell here. And yeah I will stick to this version rather than move to the EU version, mainly because I dislike the company running the EU version^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Mihimaru ~ 4x Venomancer ~ Starlight ~ Heaven's Tear
    CB tester :D
  • sealed
    sealed Posts: 781
    edited August 2008
    I'm just wondering why Euro players play here if their is a Euro PW version, just curious O.o

sealed~
  • serrat
    serrat Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I'm pretty sure theres tons of european gamers here (including myself.. from the unkown mists of Hungary).. but whats this european server many ppl talkin about? Google only drops some shady private-ish servers.
    Is it illagal to link it here or somethin?

Although this international version looks decent enough for me. I like the site's eye friendly design, and everything seems professional. Plus for and mmorpg 200-ish ping should be perfectly playable (unlike fps-es for that matter).. although california should be more like around 250.

And to answer sealed's question: Cos PWI has the misleading "international" title maybe? :p
  • lockhart
    lockhart Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    sealed wrote: »
    I'm just wondering why Euro players play here if their is a Euro PW version, just curious O.o

sealed~

Cause I prefer talking english ingame and be pretty sure the other people understand me aswell^^ And I aint even from the UK o.O
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Mihimaru ~ 4x Venomancer ~ Starlight ~ Heaven's Tear
    CB tester :D
  • sweet
    sweet Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    im European ^^
    I'll try this server, but now as ive been thinking about server times the EU server will probably be a lot mroe comfortable being only 1h behind my own timezone :P

(google "perfectworld multilanguage service" and its the address ending with .ms)
    IGN: .
    Class: Vim
    Level: 0
    Guild: no guild yet
    Server: Shura (EU Powaah!)
  • riot
    riot Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Im European aswell, from Sweden.

As to why I joined this version, very simple, just visit the EU site and you will understand it in a heartbeat. They look extremely unproffesional over there and their site is full of grammar errors not to mention how their GM's type, horrible horrible.

This is a international version cattered to Europeans as much as US people anyway.
  • sealed
    sealed Posts: 781
    edited August 2008
    Well I lived in West Coast America, East Coast America, Central Coast America, and in Europe, I kinda move a lot, so if I pick a server that fits the location I'm in right now, and move in the feature somewhere else, then I could be screwed:(

sealed~
  • orz
    orz Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    sealed wrote: »

sealed~

Because it is closed beta.

I have never played Perfect World, but when I saw the promotion on MMOSite.com, got the beta key and decided to try it out. After all, closed beta is the most fun time try the game while no gold sellers and hackers decided to join.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Old school gamer, In PW for beta testing.
    Webmaster of Aionglobal.com
  • xaire
    xaire Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    karmelia wrote: »
    Half the clients I can see connected on BT are outside of North America.

Many europeans, a couple of asians (1 chinese), 5 brazilians (don't those guys know they'll be IP banned here?)

And 10 downloaders from Poland... The Polish invasion of PWE?

I have the feeling that Europeans won't be the majority, but that many will play here.

Britfag reporting in!
  • thom
    thom Posts: 387 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Coming from Europe too, with my guild. Mostly people from finland with the intention to be international guild. Unless we find 200 crazy finns :)

The reason why i chose PW-INT over that coming pw-eu, is that this game is hosted by the developers themselves who actually own the game.

PW-EU only has license to it and i've seen a lot of games to fail just because of that...PW-MY comes to mind as first example lol.

Also i like to play with people around the world, just few european countries is boring.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ThommiX - Harvest Leader

8x Barbarian

-Lost city-
  • xaire
    xaire Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I signed for european beta but probably wont play it. There will be many more players here and alot of people from the other PW regions will reroll here. Also 90% of the people who play INT will stay.
    INT will also have much better management and cooler peeps :D