Any way to start on character creation?

rion
rion Posts: 9 Arc User
edited August 2008 in General Discussion
While we're waiting for the beta launch, is there any way to get to the character creator?
Post edited by rion on

Comments

• lazor
    lazor Posts: 36
    edited August 2008
    no way.. we all must wait til the 19
  • xarfox
    xarfox Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    You must wait until the 19th unfortunately. ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • moop
    moop Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    could you not go on another version such as my-en and customize there and save the .ini?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kelansan
    kelansan Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    moop wrote: »
    could you not go on another version such as my-en and customize there and save the .ini?

No! Have a little patience, jees.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • voidlurker
    voidlurker Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    It would probably be a voilation of the TOS to mess with the game files or to transfer any files from one version of PW to another. Personally I wouldn't try it.
  • moop
    moop Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    actually there's a function to "save" on the character creation menu (i would assume this very situation was what it was made for) it saves to your character folder..

the only question would be whether or not it's compatible with this version of PW O.o?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ganja
    ganja Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    You'll have to wait 5 more days to customize your char on THIS version,
    and then you will have 1 month (around there) to customize all you want, you can always wait before trying something else,

RIGHT?
  • glider
    glider Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    And the people who are on other versions, coming here, who like their character... we have the option of creating our own .ini files... so the question is QUITE valid... are the .ini files from other versions compatible with PWI?
  • lunnymav2
    lunnymav2 Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    when we are done downloading the client, what do we use to log in to the game? our same log in info that we use to get to the forums or what??
  • arcane
    arcane Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    lunnymav2 wrote: »
    when we are done downloading the client, what do we use to log in to the game? our same log in info that we use to get to the forums or what??

Yes, but you will not be able to do that til the 19th.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Doin' it my way.
  • lunnymav2
    lunnymav2 Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    ok thats good i thought i missed a part of the account creator...
  • ranthe
    ranthe Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Hm, im pretty sure that Xarfox or Orinj said that it was against ToS to modify the character creation files. I remember specifically one of em said they don't want any "lollipop characters" running around.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • emir
    emir Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    i can bet u some1 will try this anyway unfortunatly theres nothing we can do but laugh at the idiot when he messes up then pk him

( thats always fun right)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • depliant
    depliant Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    emir wrote: »
    i can bet u some1 will try this anyway unfortunatly theres nothing we can do but laugh at the idiot when he messes up then pk him

( thats always fun right)

Always fun to PK :cool:
    especially when its an idiot like that :D
    -Depliant
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Pecori
    level 1X venomancer
    Uriel
    level 1X cleric (male)
    Pec
    level X panda :D
  • ark
    ark Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Customize a character in MyEn or Ph, save the character file, transfer this .ini to the Int version, and there you go. I have my character ready to go as of 7 hours ago.
    As a Guild,

Live as One, fight as One, win as One.
    Strength in Unity,
    Order through Chaos,
    Victory united.
  • ren
    ren Posts: 662 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    ranthe wrote: »
    Hm, im pretty sure that Xarfox or Orinj said that it was against ToS to modify the character creation files. I remember specifically one of em said they don't want any "lollipop characters" running around.

As long as it's not out of the game's artificial limit, no administrative action will be taken in all likeliness. It would be silly to ban someone for porting a legitimate model from MY to over here.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Official PWI irc: (mirc command, opens in a new window and won't interfere with any servers you're already on) /server -m irc.deltaanime.net -j #pwint
  • troll
    troll Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    ren wrote: »
    As long as it's not out of the game's artificial limit, no administrative action will be taken in all likeliness. It would be silly to ban someone for porting a legitimate model from MY to over here.

well for starters, how would they know (if its within regular parameters it'll look same as any other character on server).
  • emir
    emir Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    is it worth the risk???

if you say yes you deserve to be banned if its bannable

because im pretty sure making a character on the 19th wont kill you
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • moretokun
    moretokun Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Ive wonderd how many characters we can make during the closed beta, because ive never played any other PW versions before and i want to give some of the classes a try and mess with the character creation some to find out just what i can do with it ^_^
  • lisellemorrow
    lisellemorrow Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    moretokun wrote: »
    Ive wonderd how many characters we can make during the closed beta, because ive never played any other PW versions before and i want to give some of the classes a try and mess with the character creation some to find out just what i can do with it ^_^

On PW-MY you got 8 slots per server, so I'm assuming it'll be the same here.
  • troll
    troll Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    is it worth the risk???

the .ini files (if unmodded) are just regular character saves and can be safely ported over (no GM would ban players for saving a normal character model).

so if you want to make a character now, go do it on other client, otherwise wait for the 19th (you'll probably have two days to fix it up anyway).
  • siany
    siany Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I've been playing about with character customization on the Malaysian version, and if PWI has the same system, I'll know exactly what to go for when beta day arrives :)
  • soukyuu
    soukyuu Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    ranthe wrote: »
    moving the .ini files from one folder to another is not modifying
    voidlurker wrote: »
    It would probably be a voilation of the TOS to mess with the game files or to transfer any files from one version of PW to another. Personally I wouldn't try it.
    How is using a game feature (saving your character appearance) is "messing with the game files"?
    troll wrote: »
    the .ini files (if unmodded) are just regular character saves and can be safely ported over (no GM would ban players for saving a normal character model).

so if you want to make a character now, go do it on other client, otherwise wait for the 19th (you'll probably have two days to fix it up anyway).
    +1

For those who are still sceptic, look here (Especially part III.2). The guide has been up for a long time now yet no GM deleted it because of it being against the ToS. For me, that means it's allowed.
    PW has been endless frustration for me #2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ren
    ren Posts: 662 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    is it worth the risk???

It's worth the risk.

It should be bannable to say that saving yourself an hour of tedium should be bannable; and not only that, posting such in your horrible post structure.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Official PWI irc: (mirc command, opens in a new window and won't interfere with any servers you're already on) /server -m irc.deltaanime.net -j #pwint
  • kelso
    kelso Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    moop wrote: »

Yes, you can do that, I did it, but you have to go into cirtain files in the other pw server to copy it, then into the international and save in same file
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]