What will be the diffrence between PvP and PvE servers

deadlypeanut
deadlypeanut Posts: 27 Arc User
edited August 2008 in General Discussion
What will be the diffrence between PvP and PvE servers?

Will PvE servers still have the territory battles? Im thinking of going PvP beacuse this territory battle thing sounds fun but open PvP like player killing i dont like so much. If its just out right when ever your not in a town you can be attacked that wouldent be great but if like humans can only attack elves and the beasts and not other humans and give some flavor to the PvP more like a war thats not to bad.

does anyone know ?
Post edited by deadlypeanut on

Comments

• emir
    emir Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    optional pvp

and pvp

this has been answered please use the search feature on the forums
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ragingwind
    ragingwind Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    The only real difference will be that players will have the option of being protected from PK during daily activities. Of course, this means that they cannot PK others, either, while they are protected. Other than that, the servers are the same.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • deadlypeanut
    edited August 2008
    hmm kinda a choice for me if there will still be the territory battles then the PvE sounds like its for me i dont really like the PK aspect
  • deadlypeanut
    edited August 2008
    If i go to a PvE server i know that there isnt going to be the random killing which is good but will that mean theres no incentive at all to pvp at all like do the territories mean anything or is it just a show off kinda thing who can get the most territories like they have no benefits
  • ragingwind
    ragingwind Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    If i go to a PvE server i know that there isnt going to be the random killing which is good but will that mean theres no incentive at all to pvp at all like do the territories mean anything or is it just a show off kinda thing who can get the most territories like they have no benefits
    What? Dude, it's really simple. The only difference is PK choice. TW and everything else is the same.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • deadlypeanut
    edited August 2008
    Ok so if i dont really care to PK ill join PvE. im not a carebear i just hate getting ganked and it seems in the PvP servers theres going to be some ganking dont get me wrong it can be fun but i like turning PvP on and off not 24/7
  • ren
    ren Posts: 662 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Ok so if i dont really care to PK ill join PvE. im not a carebear i just hate getting ganked and it seems in the PvP servers theres going to be some ganking dont get me wrong it can be fun but i like turning PvP on and off not 24/7

That is the definition of carebear. You are a carebear.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Official PWI irc: (mirc command, opens in a new window and won't interfere with any servers you're already on) /server -m irc.deltaanime.net -j #pwint
  • deadlypeanut
    edited August 2008
    i guess i got some carebear in me but im not full fledged carebear helping new people over lvling and dont care about PvP and defeating otheres. I love PvP its fun i just dont want to be fighting out in some forest near death resting up and i get ganked. It can be fun getting your revenge there are some draw backs of being in a PvE i just think it better suits me. PvE is basicly PvP minus the chaos of everyone ganking each other :P
  • karmelia
    karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    i guess i got some carebear in me but im not full fledged carebear helping new people over lvling and dont care about PvP and defeating otheres. I love PvP its fun i just dont want to be fighting out in some forest near death resting up and i get ganked. It can be fun getting your revenge there are some draw backs of being in a PvE i just think it better suits me. PvE is basicly PvP minus the chaos of everyone ganking each other :P

Don't worry to much about Ren. He's a ganker frustrated seeing many players who don't like to be ganked will move to the optional PvP servers. No more easy targets for him.
    boohoohoo.:(
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • t0yo
    t0yo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008

I agree with you and personally I'm the same but I've changed after several people like me turn out to be very very bad seeds. I think PvP helps to keep stuff where its at and instead of constantly having to rant its a means to enjoy your free time
  • ren
    edited August 2008
    karmelia wrote: »
    Don't worry to much about Ren. He's a ganker frustrated seeing many players who don't like to be ganked will move to the optional PvP servers. No more easy targets for him.
    boohoohoo.:(

I only gank people I don't like. I just want the server I play on to be huge and have an equally huge economy. Less players = more expensive cubi.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Official PWI irc: (mirc command, opens in a new window and won't interfere with any servers you're already on) /server -m irc.deltaanime.net -j #pwint
  • karmelia
    edited August 2008
    ren wrote: »
    I just want the server I play on to be huge and have an equally huge economy. Less players = more expensive cubi.

Don't worry too much about that.

If Culbittenette was able to fill 2 servers with their crappy services, here they will have to put up more servers next year because their actual servers will fill up quickly.

And, as a last resort if it really don't lift off (which I doubt will happen), they could always merge the east and west servers.

But i'm confident they will be a hit.

PS : personnally I love expensive cubi. More gold for me when I sell them :D
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • blackmoon
    blackmoon Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    What server are you going on Karm? o_o Pve or Pvp? east or west? xD
  • devotion
    devotion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    endgame=pvp/pk

its gonna suck to see ppl quit because endgame in pve lacks
    I like to rub it in. Enjoying the game?
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=1810092&postcount=6
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=3518732&postcount=17
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=3986762&postcount=6
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kitfox
    kitfox Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    devotion wrote: »
    endgame=pvp/pk

its gonna suck to see ppl quit because endgame in pve lacks
    Isn't it nice to know that when people on the PvE server get to endgame, they can choose to PvP anyway?
  • devotion
    devotion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    kitfox wrote: »
    Isn't it nice to know that when people on the PvE server get to endgame, they can choose to PvP anyway?

If people do turn on pvp it will be fun to see a guy on many kos lists dance around with a blue name
    I like to rub it in. Enjoying the game?
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=1810092&postcount=6
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=3518732&postcount=17
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=3986762&postcount=6
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • karmelia
    edited August 2008
    kitfox wrote: »

Yes. Anyway, endgame is at level 130 (or is it 150 now?) so you have plenty of time before you reach that.

• karmelia
    edited August 2008
    blackmoon wrote: »
    What server are you going on Karm? o_o Pve or Pvp? east or west? xD

PVE for sure.

East or west will depends on ping and event's timing with regard to my playing times.

• zoe101
    zoe101 Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    go pvp cause ....almost no ksing there..

and btw all ksers should "DIE":mad:

Zoe:p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • arcane
    arcane Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    zoe101 wrote: »
    go pvp cause ....almost no ksing there..

and btw all ksers should "DIE":mad:

Zoe:p

Ksing bothers you that much :O
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Doin' it my way.
  • ky1e
    ky1e Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    um, maby pve ppl cant att u....
    pvp ppl can ?

haha xE
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ky1e
    winged elf archer
    pvp pwnge
  • ren
    edited August 2008
    karmelia wrote: »
    Don't worry too much about that.

If Culbittenette was able to fill 2 servers with their crappy services, here they will have to put up more servers next year because their actual servers will fill up quickly.

And, as a last resort if it really don't lift off (which I doubt will happen), they could always merge the east and west servers.

But i'm confident they will be a hit.

PS : personnally I love expensive cubi. More gold for me when I sell them :D

People will pay less per zen for it. It's really not a good idea.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.