1440x900

Options
serrat
serrat Posts: 31 Arc User
edited August 2008 in General Discussion
After downloadin the client, I sadly noted that according to the game's options menu it doesen't support my monitor's native resolution (1440x900).. is there some workaround to make it work, or any plans to patch the game to officially support it (or even higher resolutions)?

Many ppl would appreciate it i think.
Post edited by serrat on

Comments

• massamune
    massamune Posts: 395 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    It can be done but it's against the rules to do it.

Now in all seriousness this is a compatibility issue, and if you're discreet then you won't have any problems. I'm not going to write a tutorial on it, but the file you need to look at is systemsettings.ini
  • snaptrap
    snaptrap Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I have a 1440x900 but I prefer to play all my games in windowed mode with 1280x800. I like to have full access to my desktop without having to escape everything.
  • massamune
    massamune Posts: 395 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Well, in windowed mode you can resize PW all you want. I usually do this for the same reason, hating the alt-tab thing. Just open whatever size in windowed mode and drag the edges, and if you push the top a lil off the screen and auto-hide your taskbar it's nearly as good as fullscreen mode for the immersion aspect.

I should have thought of mentioning this before, since it's perfectly acceptable to do it (compared to file edits - even minor ini file edits - that they're rather uptight about in this game.)
  • soukyuu
    soukyuu Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    playing in window mode eats more resources though...
    and the "minor" ini edits are against teh rules becuase it's possible to affect gameplay with it (thin chars etc)

even if you edit your client to play another music or play on a different resolution than supported, noone is going to see that except yourself. so.... makes me wonder how they want to ban users for these kinds of mods.

this should not be misinterpreted as an encouragement to mod your client files, btw
    PW has been endless frustration for me #2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • xarfox
    xarfox Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    serrat wrote: »
    After downloadin the client, I sadly noted that according to the game's options menu it doesen't support my monitor's native resolution (1440x900).. is there some workaround to make it work, or any plans to patch the game to officially support it (or even higher resolutions)?

Many ppl would appreciate it i think.

You may have to change this in game, as I have seen Perfect World International run at 1920 wide.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • soukyuu
    soukyuu Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    no xarfox, that's what the problem is:
    it does run at 1280x800
    it does run at 1680x1050
    it does run at 1920x1200

but it does not run on 1440x900.
    PW has been endless frustration for me #2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • xarfox
    xarfox Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    soukyuu wrote: »
    no xarfox, that's what the problem is:
    it does run at 1280x800
    it does run at 1680x1050
    it does run at 1920x1200

but it does not run on 1440x900.

Roger, this has been noted and will be relayed to the devs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • anima
    anima Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Bump this to remind you GMs and Admins ^^. I run my game at 1440x900 too.
    Why...so...serious?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • karmelia
    karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    anima wrote: »
    Bump this to remind you GMs and Admins ^^. I run my game at 1440x900 too.

The "devs" = the programmers in China.

Don't expect a fix coming tomorrow....
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • proxy
    proxy Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Yea I was also disappointed to see that this wasn't an option:(.
This discussion has been closed.