PWI Questions & Answers FAQ

Comments

• snaptrap
    snaptrap Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    karmelia wrote: »
    Q : How much up-to-date will this version be compared to others English version in other countries?
    A : We are the direct subsidiary of Beijing Perfect World. If anyone is going to have the most up to date English version, it would make sense that it's Perfect World Entertainment. (Xarfox)
    A : Specific information regarding the version of our game will be on hold until beta. (Xarfox)

Can you be more specific? Does this mean the other versions are not official or are not actual extensions of BPW??
  • karmelia
    karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    snaptrap wrote: »
    Can you be more specific? Does this mean the other versions are not official or are not actual extensions of BPW??

You can find a list of all the official versions listed here : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perfect_World.

Most of the company listed there are external companies who licensed the rights to host servers in their respective countries.

To the best of my knowledge, Perfect World Entertainment is the only subsidiary company directly linked with Bejing PW, created to host their game in a country outside of China. You can read a small text about what is PWE here : http://www.perfectworld.com/about/
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • trigunvash12
    trigunvash12 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    will cash items be tradeable in the game? or locked to your player, cause it would suck if u had all these cash items you never used and wanted to make some money off of them rather than them sittin in bank, sometimes you wanna change your look or upgrade
  • karmelia
    edited August 2008
    will cash items be tradeable in the game?

They are tradable (with the exception of one or two items I think). At least they are on every other servers I have heard of, so why should it be different here?
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • kenneth
    kenneth Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    This is a great Q and A. Good job! It answered all of my questions. But I do have one question:

"GMs cannot play during the work day or xarfox and i will fire them"

How does that work? I hope you don't mind me being curious. Are GM's not allowed to play because the job of a GM requires other kinds of work? I have interest in the workplace of video games, being a college student and all, so I am curious. If you can't answer, I understand. It's just that in other online games, sometimes a GM plays the game to offer in-game support.
  • karmelia
    edited August 2008
    kenneth wrote: »
    This is a great Q and A. Good job! It answered all of my questions. But I do have one question:

"GMs cannot play during the work day or xarfox and i will fire them"

How does that work? I hope you don't mind me being curious. Are GM's not allowed to play because the job of a GM requires other kinds of work? I have interest in the workplace of video games, being a college student and all, so I am curious. If you can't answer, I understand. It's just that in other online games, sometimes a GM plays the game to offer in-game support.

I think that what it means is that they cannot play with their personnal accounts and can only connect with their GM accounts when they are at work.

• snaptrap
    snaptrap Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    You can find a list of all the official versions listed here : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perfect_World.

Most of the company listed there are external companies who licensed the rights to host servers in their respective countries.

To the best of my knowledge, Perfect World Entertainment is the only subsidiary company directly linked with Bejing PW, created to host their game in a country outside of China. You can read a small text about what is PWE here : http://www.perfectworld.com/about/

Thanks! I should've known this but didn't quite understand the way it was indicated here. Also, thanks a lot for the compilation of Q & A.
  • syenda
    syenda Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Q : Will there be an IP block on Europe?
    A : No. We will not be banning any IPs from Europe. (Xarfox)

Eheh, I'm from the netherlands, really ''thanks for this answer'' I like it. :p
    UnLiMiTeD - Syenda
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Never care from where the blood flows, all that matters is that it flows.
    Impossible is nothing, believe in yourself!
  • kazuma
    kazuma Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Magnificent.

10/10 - FAQ weekly digest.
    100% helpful - Conor Lockley's words.
    AWESOOOME! - everyone else...

(See that little bit I did there? With the whole magazine quotes, and personal quoting? Hehehehe.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]If only deathnote was that simple...
  • the0war
    the0war Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    does the Chinese server have the housing system?
  • karmelia
    edited August 2008
    the0war wrote: »
    does the Chinese server have the housing system?

No. From a previous post somewhere here, it was said that it was in the first version of PW (when it was pay to play in China, PW1). When they decided to transform the game and make it Free to play with cash shop (PW2, this version), that feature was not ported over.

• the0war
    edited August 2008
    some questions

1-I am from middle east and my ping in PW MY is 800 and it has few lags when I play , and today when I used speedtest site and choosed the kuala lampur it really appeard 800 , so I just want to know which city should I choose to see how much my ping will be in the international one.

2-what is the highest ping that I can play with without any lags?

3-how many players can play with DSL512Kb ?
  • nightelf
    nightelf Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I the Russian player in the Ideal World! I played on the Korean server! I wish to help you with creation of my favourite game! I have not bad understood and I can help to eliminate to you mistakes in game! I can play with you?=(((
    I have familiarized with game rules and is ready to observe them!
  • karmelia
    edited August 2008
    nightelf wrote: »
    I the Russian player in the Ideal World! I

Since there is an official Ruissian PW server, you may find yourself unable to play here. The IP from your country may end up banned.

• nightelf
    edited August 2008
    Since there is an official Ruissian PW server, you may find yourself unable to play here. The IP from your country may end up banned.

maybe, and the administration my presence here not such and dangerous can will find:confused:
  • sealed
    sealed Posts: 781
    edited August 2008
    No. From a previous post somewhere here, it was said that it was in the first version of PW (when it was pay to play in China, PW1). When they decided to transform the game and make it Free to play with cash shop (PW2, this version), that feature was not ported over.

WTF, are you saying this version of PW will never have the Housing System???

You is crazyyy, I hope your wrong >.o D:

*RageQuit's* ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

sealed~
  • nightelf
    edited August 2008
    I consider that it admins Perfect World the international version pushes away players of other countries, same.
  • the0war
    edited August 2008
    some questions

1-I am from middle east and my ping in PW MY is 800 and it has few lags when I play , and today when I used speedtest site and choosed the kuala lampur it really appeard 800 , so I just want to know which city should I choose to see how much my ping will be in the international one.

3-how many players can play with DSL512Kb ?

any one can answer?
  • karmelia
    edited August 2008

The only way to know that would be to ping the servers themselves. Trying to ping anything else is irrelevant.

0. Any ping above 0 means you get some lag. Even with a ping of 15 you'll get lag, but it will be so small it will be unnoticeable.

• bayport
    bayport Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    hummm

since there is going to be 2 servers...optional PvP and open PvP will there still be a PvP penalty?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Bayport - Archer
    Server - PvP East
  • soukyuu
    soukyuu Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    the only thing that will change on the optional PvP server is a function that allows you to turn PK on & off, all penalties stay the same on both servers.
    PW has been endless frustration for me #2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • depliant
    depliant Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Helpful, thanks Karmelia =P
    And thanks Orinj and xarfox
    this deserves it's sticky :D
    -Depliant
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Pecori
    level 1X venomancer
    Uriel
    level 1X cleric (male)
    Pec
    level X panda :D
  • kaoshero
    kaoshero Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Why would all the characters be wiped out after the beta??

Doesn't make to much sense to me.

We play the game for a month trying to get high level just so our characters will be deleted???
  • koz
    koz Posts: 465 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    kaoshero wrote: »

We play the game for a month trying to get high level just so our characters will be deleted???

The point of the beta phase is to test for bugs, not play the game as if it was official release. You don't have to play cbt if you don't want to.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • karmelia
    edited August 2008
    kaoshero wrote: »

There are a few threads talking about this subject already.

In short : closed beta is to test the servers, the game and everything, to make sure they are fully functionnal for the time when they'll be made available to everyone.

We play the game for a month to make sure that later the other players will play in a bug free game, with servers running well and optimised to their maximum performances.

• kaoshero
    kaoshero Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    oh ok sry i was just confused
  • sahmeta
    sahmeta Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I have downloaded the game client ... I have one question! ... Will we be able to lounchthe patch only at august 19?
  • lingy
    lingy Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I'm going to guess the prices for the item mall will be different than the Malaysia version (in terms of dollars)? They were so cheap too... >.<
  • karmelia
    edited August 2008
    sahmeta wrote: »
    I have downloaded the game client ... I have one question! ... Will we be able to lounchthe patch only at august 19?

The server will open on the 19th.

• t0yo
    t0yo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    lingy wrote: »
    I'm going to guess the prices for the item mall will be different than the Malaysia version (in terms of dollars)? They were so cheap too... >.<

Yeah probably though there has been no official comment on prices as of yet
This discussion has been closed.