New race

cerberus
cerberus Posts: 0 Arc User
edited September 2008 in Suggestion Box
Would really be awesome if pw had 4 races i mean wing elves and humans and were foxes look the same with were foxes having a tail and wing elves having different ears also if there was a new race means more classes and i think everyone would like that in the future.
Post edited by cerberus on

Comments

• c453m4573r
    c453m4573r Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I heard that the original story of Perfect World had four races, but the idea must've been changed. And it might be so that if there was a fourth race, the classes might just be different versions of what we already have. Kind of like barbarian is similar to blademaster.
  • cerberus
    edited August 2008
    well there's tons of races that the usual mmo already has like a assassin/rouge even a warlock
  • kelo
    kelo Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    cerberus wrote: »
    well there's tons of races that the usual mmo already has like a assassin/rouge even a warlock
    Those are classes, not races.

And warlock would be pretty much the same as Wizard ^^;;

Even though I'd like a 4th race to be added, I doubt they can do it. There is no starting town fit for it. They would need to change the map to add a starting town, a level1-20 area with 3 villages, and quests for these levels.

Adding classes (like those you called "races") would be much easier. A 3rd class for each race would be nice though ^^ It doesn't require any change of the game map, nor new quests. But I don't think it will happen anytime soon ^^;;
    ~ Through the darkest of night, we shall shine brightly, revealing the path to both friendship and glory ~
    Kelovar, Radiance executor
  • demise
    demise Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Yeah, there will be more races. There was a live chat with the game dev's last month on Xfire. This is from the transcript:
    [PW] Arius (eldavius): Question: [Cpact]Blaster (blaster52): Will there be more races

Answer: Yeap, there is definately gonna be more added races in the coming patches. Is has something to do with the Undead & Necromancies. We will keep you updated, once we have more on it.

You can find it here: http://www.xfire.com/cms/xf_perfect_world_transcript/
  • halt
    halt Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    what they NEED is a RANGER class for the HUMANS!!STEALTH is awsome and the bow and dual knifes RULE!!!

peace out my hoimes!!
  • koz
    koz Posts: 465 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Well whatever the class is, they use a whip for their weapon. 2 types of whips: flexwhip and nodewhip.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • cerberus
    edited August 2008
    Those are classes, not races.

i was replying to the post above mine

also i read that live chat thing lol there will be a undead race or something :O i wonder where their home town will be the swamp??
    unless they add enw areas like they also stated
  • lipe124
    lipe124 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Personally I prefer more clases over races.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Higurashi no Naku Koro ni - Go watch it alone ;)
  • cerberus
    edited August 2008
    new race= new flying aviation, hometown, classes, skills, and things like that if they ever make :confused:
  • bobobob
    bobobob Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I want a male summoner race!!!!! I know there making a necromancer thing but does it summon...
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=15790000&dateline=1218674145
    Your Current Signature Picture[/SIGPIC]
    bobobob = AccuXracy and Accu
  • cerberus
    edited August 2008
    ya it is kind of sexist you have only were fox has a girl but think of a guy were fox that's kinda of..ya anyways i think girls feel the same way about were beasts

edit:wait wait wait aren't you that guy that spammed on the general threads -.-
  • ranthe
    ranthe Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    from what i'm taking the interview to have said, the new race will be a race of undead or necromancers, with a second summoning class (necromancer) and probably another melee class. the necromancer, hopefully, will be based on EQs necromancers a bit, with the life-siphon and DoT spells. The melee class would prolly be some kind of deathknight, maybe a mix of the Blademaster and Necromancer.

This is my personal speculation, and only to be pondered, not taken seriously.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • josi
    josi Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    The melee class would probley be a vampiric class.Considering the homepage and the girl with the bat if there is a vampire class then thats the class for me
  • cerberus
    edited August 2008
    undead class would probebley be a type of rouge that hits real hard with light armor.
  • hypnoz
    hypnoz Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    new race/ races would be really helpful with only 3 races this game will get boring later on
  • lipe124
    edited August 2008
    In case no one noticed, the map WAS expanded from the prev version in the south. Alltho its still greyed out there is an extra island there and lots more continent south from the elves. More than enough space for a new starter town and everything ;)

Also I vote for the necrons XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • anyandrell
    anyandrell Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    It would be nice before having another race to just have female barbarians and male venomancers as well. It's not fair. I'd love to play a barbarian but I hate playing a male character - as I'm female, it just doesn't seem right.
  • lipe124
    edited August 2008
    I totally agree being forced into female myself, its annoying always being carried around by guys and having teenagers trying to have sex with me. Alltho the sex thing does weild money and free items its ultimately not really satisfying :P They can at least make girly tigers thats pink with black stripes? XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • nounours
    nounours Posts: 453
    edited August 2008
    hmm...they speak about new races like if they will be added soon...
    Personaly i dont think that they will be added that fast, but they will be i guess.
  • enspyre
    enspyre Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Lol undeads ftw! I really would make most of my chars undead if they added that.
  • houstonwolve
    houstonwolve Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    they need split the untamed class and have male or female barbarian and male or female venomacer
  • naevo
    naevo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    lipe124 wrote: »
    Personally I prefer more clases over races.

I agree.

Add the one last race which was planned in the first place and eventually add more classes.

Someone were talking about assasin/rouge? Isn't fist warrior much the same, or were you just thinking of the stealth skill?

When I think about it, PW already got the 'basic' classes which is needed in dungeons, what more is there to ask for?
  • cerberus
    edited September 2008
    some people get tired of those same 6 classes( like me) i mean even if they had a class transfer at certain lvls would be great