best char to start out with

yaboydevo
yaboydevo Posts: 0 Arc User
edited August 2008 in Dungeons & Tactics
well im new to this game and was wondering wat is the best race/class to start out with :confused:
i think im leading towards blademaster or a elf archer can i get the pros and cons of each, that would be greatly apprieciated
thx 4 the help:cool:
Post edited by yaboydevo on

Comments

• t0yo
    t0yo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    A venomancer by far. They are one of , if not the easiest class to level with and obtain gold ;D
  • iry
    iry Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Venomancer for leveling and gold (VERY self-sufficient)
    The other untamed class is the LEAST self-sufficient as they eat through pots and repairs are high.

Blademaster cant be substituted for a tank as long as the group knows how to not pull aggro. Blademasters also pull for AOE parties.
    Archer has low pdef, high crit rate, high dodge right, high accuracy, low HP. They're suited for PvP/PK as they do both magic and physical. Used in AOE parties as well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    1perfectworld.com , the best resource for everything Perfect World.
    We got quest guides, cultivation guides, noob guides. If it can be a guide, its there.
    We also got free guild forums :D
    Now with flame forums and trading for CB/OB
  • ayrwyn
    ayrwyn Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I gotta agree with the others the WF or what are they calling them here V?? (i'll try to remember by CB) are very self sufficent and is easy to make money with. Plus if ur feeling lazy u can let ur pet do all the fighting and simply heal them.

Downer of a archer...u need to buy not only pots but arrows as well. I have some friends who play archer on the other server and money is a big issue for them. on the other hand though he can take on quite a lot of ppl in pvp....and the archer doom skill is awesome.
  • ssvegeta
    ssvegeta Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    i wanted to b a mage can som1 tell me som info bout them?
  • whip
    whip Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    ssvegeta wrote: »
    i wanted to b a mage can som1 tell me som info bout them?

Same here, when i start, im going to be a Male-Wizard(mage) Anyone that has info on the game could they please repost about what i should invest my ap points in and other usefull information about the mages that would help me become Powerfull/Rich
    Name: Whip
    Server: East, But will be West in Open Beta
    Current Level: 43
  • ladyrain
    ladyrain Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Um...mage powerful...in very late levels, yes.
    Mage rich? Not if you want to be powerful. You will be spending loads of money on good equipment.

Venomancer would be the best choice to get rich if you play solo a lot, especially at higher levels when you can solo a dungeon that gives you materials to make special weapons and armour.

If you absolutely dislike playing females, then I would suggest going blademaster. Their chain aoe attacks at higher levels allow for fairly quick mass killing, giving you more drops and faster leveling.

If you have good friends and can level in parties, then you can pretty make whatever character you like, since you will have support.
  • acrimony
    acrimony Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    As long as you're the patient kind of person, absolutley any class will work.

And about having to be rich to be a powerfull mage - I don't 100% agree with that. You could just get "regular" gear for your level, till you're able to do HH. Sure it won't be as easy to level on ranged mobs (they will mostly butcher you, and there's a fair number of ranged - and by that I mean the physical kind of ranged, not the magical kind - mobs to go around) but you don't HAVE to - you can just skip a certain quest, or party up.

That being said - if you can't stand a LOT of kiting, don't roll a mage (yes I know you can stop kiting from when you get the pushback skill, but it's a LONG way down, with loads of dying in the meanwhile!) because you'll get really frustrated.
  • bunny
    bunny Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Wf. Im always a WF. ねこみみ!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • soukyuu
    soukyuu Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    ねこみみですか。じゃ、WFではない、WCだ~

And yeah, nekomimi FTW xD
    PW has been endless frustration for me #2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rachy
    rachy Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    i hope to be a mage i like the outfits lol:rolleyes:
  • c453m4573r
    c453m4573r Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I'm trying to figure out a good starting character for the new version. I've already made a werefox as my main last time. This time, I would like to do something different. I also had a warrior too.
  • kleiser
    kleiser Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Sooo, as far as I've read, Barbarians aren't a good choice at all?? It's because I love their appearence and their combat style.
  • aland
    aland Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    barbarians are a good choice as a character, probably not the best char to start with tho.
    They are somewhat more expensive to play, coz of the fixing armor costs, and slower lvling in the beginning if u don't have parties.

Another downside is you really need to know how to tank, and how to maintain agro (if u don't ur groupies will die a painful death and ppl won't like u, but if u do it well ppl will love u and u'll always b able to find parties)

However, if u have good parties they lvl at the same speed as other chars (coz exp shared), at higher lvl u can do zhen parties even without mount.

At higher lvls, barbarians have good AOE skills and can solo AOE mob for exp effectively, therefore high exp.

Just starting out is hard (but honestly it's hard for all classes except venomancer)
  • kleiser
    kleiser Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Well I've finally decided to create a Barbarian in the Beta test, so that i can check how hard is to lvl it up in the early levels, and if i'm glad with it, i will create a venomancer when the beta test period ends, so that i can make some money, and then make Barbarian. I'm really in love with the barbarian xDD, it's the coolest char by far.

If i end bored of the barbarian, i will try making a blademaster, as i've head it's better for lvling up and at first it makes more dmg than barbarian does.

Well thnx anyway for your anwser.
  • devidinio
    devidinio Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    why didn't i heard anyone saying a priest,, they can heal themselfes and so they only need to buy MP pots,, and they can make easily friends seems to me
  • prosper
    prosper Posts: 335 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    devidinio wrote: »
    why didn't i heard anyone saying a priest,, they can heal themselfes and so they only need to buy MP pots,, and they can make easily friends seems to me

Healers are often the hardest class of them all to play. It's definitely a stressful position. And you'll spend more on MP pots than many other classes do on both HP and MP. Still, it's a good class. I just wouldn't recommend it for a newbie.
  • soukyuu
    soukyuu Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    devidinio wrote: »
    As prosper said, the MP consumption of a cleric (even if you get high int) is too high, so you will have troubles as a beginner. Besides, there are some things one should know about clerics before playing them - some skills seem useful but they really aren't (the first healing spell is the best example)

Also, if you go robe build, some 20+ quests are a pain in the rear if you can't kite properly - the phys type mobs will deal very high damage and you will have 2 choices: run around like crazy to not let them reach you or spam regen/featehr barrier skills -> huge MP consumption again.

Venomancers have it way easier: a personal tank and a good source of money.
    PW has been endless frustration for me #2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • zackery
    zackery Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    My advice is to try out all the characters in cb ^^ then pick the one you like the best in the open beta......you get the point, dont ya? Well i'm going to choose Blademaster :p
  • sealed
    sealed Posts: 781
    edited August 2008
    Any character is best to start out with, just pick one that fits your taste:p

sealed~
  • etur
    etur Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    im going 2 create a vm then blademaster then an archer well what im reading is archer is great 4 pvp but i dont really 2 play on a pvp server

also what it a good craftign class 2 go with each of those
  • c453m4573r
    edited August 2008
    etur wrote: »
    im going 2 create a vm then blademaster then an archer well what im reading is archer is great 4 pvp but i dont really 2 play on a pvp server

also what it a good craftign class 2 go with each of those

Any crafting class works the same with any class. Just try which ones you'll think you want the most. Just remember, the game gets very in depth at a certain level and up, making it hard and frustrating to raise more than one character at a time, so I recommend one at a time of course..
  • c453m4573r
    edited August 2008
    I still have a bit of trouble deciding which class I want to start with this time. As I said before, I had a Venomancer and a Blademaster in MY EN, so I'm looking to try something new..
  • etur
    etur Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    c453m4573r wrote: »
    Any crafting class works the same with any class. Just try which ones you'll think you want the most. Just remember, the game gets very in depth at a certain level and up, making it hard and frustrating to raise more than one character at a time, so I recommend one at a time of course..

true i get bored easily though if i have only 1 chr so ill have a main and anther chr 2 play with when i get bored with my main chr
  • marc
    marc Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    im going to make yao shou (barbarian),
    because i had a lvl 90 yao shou on another server
    i realy like that class because of the skill armageddon,
    i tried mage,blade master ,archer class and venomancer
    and yao shou isnt that hard to lvl
    actualy i dont have a problem lvling with all classes
    easiest character to lvl up is definitly venomancer,
    u can use ur pet to fight and the venomancer shoot from a far and heal ur pet
  • yeshua
    yeshua Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    we are here to have fun, lets just choose a class that we know we'll have a blast
  • arker
    arker Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    3 words, GIANT FLYING SWORDS
    [SIGPIC]

Perfect World International Forum > User Control Panel
    Edit Signature
    Welcome, arker.
    You last visited: Today at 03:20 PM
    Private Messages: Unread 0, Total 0.

User CPNew PostsSearch Log Out

Show Threads Show Posts
    Advanced Search

Quick Links
    Today's Posts
    Mark Forums Read
    Open Contacts Popup
    Networking
    Contacts
    User Control Panel
    Edit Signature
    Edit Your Details
    Edit Options
    Miscellaneous
    Private Messages
    Subscribed Threads
    Your Profile

Go to Page...

Your Control Panel
    Edit Signature
    Preview

Edit Signature[/SIGPIC]

Char:Arker BM
    Serv:Lost city
    Guild:???
  • fireblood
    fireblood Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Well considering that our characters will get deleted anyways so wont matter much but i shall start with a vm and later a mage (cause they own:cool:)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]