Changes from MY-EN?

lionblade
lionblade Posts: 3 Arc User
edited August 2008 in General Discussion
I've read some posts but my following question's weren't answered and I was looking for feedback.

Will there be changes in the quest setup? For instance, I just started play MY-EN as an EA and it seems real unpolished. Doesn't really help you to get goin and point you in the right direction of each quest. I feel like I'm hitting the ground running rather then being eased and taught into the game.

Will there be changes in the User Interface? To be specific, the dialogue windows in MY-EN seem real small. You have to scroll when pretty much every NPC talks. Would the dialogue windows be enlarged?

Just FYI, its not my screen res, and Im sorry if Im askin **** questions. If anyone has a link to specific changes that have been made from the two versions other then more skills/mounts. plz link. Take care.
Post edited by lionblade on

Comments

• kazuma
    kazuma Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I do not have a link to any differences. But I have one HUGE difference...

This version is run by a different management and that means better customer service.

I'm sure if you look round harder, theres some FAQ's, threads that may be asking your questions, and have been answered, I remember my first post was something like this as well... And I found my answers in a click.
    Try using the search function, or just generally looking around.
    ~Thanks!

~~Conor
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]If only deathnote was that simple...
  • reality
    reality Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Better management
    Better costumer service
    Less lag
    More updated
    Better translation
    More localized ( event times ect..)
    More skills
    More in-game content
    AND MUCH MUCH MORE....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kazuma
    edited August 2008
    reality wrote: »
    Better management
    Better costumer service
    Less lag
    More updated
    Better translation
    More localized ( event times ect..)
    More skills
    More in-game content
    AND MUCH MUCH MORE....

Yeah, well said.
  • lionblade
    lionblade Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Yes and as I've said, I had already read several posts that stated what you just did. So the questions stand.
  • kazuma
    edited August 2008
    Well theres not many answers we ourselves can give, to me it's just all round better.
    In all if not most aspects.

Which when I said that I mean most of the things ingame as well as site-wise.
    But we cannot answer so much ingame questions, as we have not yet played! xD

You'd have to PM a GM or something.
    (Rhymes.)
    ~Thanks

~~Conor
  • anima
    anima Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Just point you a simple point. Here you don't have to log in/ register to surf in the forum. Over there you can't, and have to create another forum account, beside you cubizone one.
    I haven't seen the game yet, so not sure there will be big changes in game settings. But PWI must have some, their performance in this forum so far so good.
    But there will be changes in NPC names, maps and even items... Why I said so? They changed the class names already ><. It is the first annoying thing I found so far ^^. But this is minor, you will get used to it in a month or less.
    Why...so...serious?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • prosper
    prosper Posts: 335 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    anima wrote: »
    Just point you a simple point. Here you don't have to log in/ register to surf in the forum. Over there you can't, and have to create another forum account, beside you cubizone one.
    I haven't seen the game yet, so not sure there will be big changes in game settings. But PWI must have some, their performance in this forum so far so good.
    But there will be changes in NPC names, maps and even items... Why I said so? They changed the class names already ><. It is the first annoying thing I found so far ^^. But this is minor, you will get used to it in a month or less.

I really hate some of the new class names, but others sound kickass. Venomancer and Blademaster I love, but Barbarian? Cleric? Ugh.
  • shizo
    shizo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    prosper wrote: »
    I really hate some of the new class names, but others sound kickass. Venomancer and Blademaster I love, but Barbarian? Cleric? Ugh.

Blademaster and im an Axe user. Q____Q
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Shizo - Blademaster 9x - Conqueror

Quitted trolling the forums. PM me ingame, if want something

Sig by Sev.
  • koz
    koz Posts: 465 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    shizo wrote: »
    Blademaster and im an Axe user. Q____Q

Axes have blades on them. Otherwise how would they cut things :p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sealed
    sealed Posts: 781
    edited August 2008
    PWI was even on a show on TV not long ago, PW-MY wasnt cause it fails.

Plus PWI will have probobly the best F2P game customer service =)

sealed~
  • c453m4573r
    c453m4573r Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I think they have the house thing which enables you to make your own property for 30M. But I'm not sure of that comes out yet.
  • jamsan
    jamsan Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Major differences gone unmentioned: New game, twice. Different players/guilds/player ethoses. This means a completely different game experience (I sound like a marketing rep). Any stagnation that happened in other versions can be foreseen and countered. Oh, and this is a new(ish) project for the company, so their enthusiasm will be far greater, even if only just for the beginning, which can only mean good things.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Surprise Bear says: "Look for the prize with every surprise!"
    Approximately 13% of all forum pages mention RQ, as confirmed by Google.
  • lipe124
    lipe124 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    @OP: The questing system to get into the game isnt so bad its just that the translations on MY-EN sucked so much that it was often hard to figure out where to go. Hopefully with some new translations things will go easier. This server will also contain lots of old players from other regions so it will be easy to get some help.

Also the thing to keep in mind is that the yellow quest arrow almost always points to the npc where u complete the quest, not to the location where you actually "do" the quest.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Higurashi no Naku Koro ni - Go watch it alone ;)
  • reparta
    reparta Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    My greatest hope is that the female NPC's no longer have man names. :D
  • snaptrap
    snaptrap Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    reality wrote: »
    More skills
    More in-game content
    AND MUCH MUCH MORE....

Enlighten me. Where is the info that states this?
  • koz
    koz Posts: 465 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    You have to craft the new skills so to speak. They aren't given from a cultivation.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • snaptrap
    edited August 2008
    I'm still waiting for the source to this information and not second hand info.
  • ren
    ren Posts: 662 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    snaptrap wrote: »
    I'm still waiting for the source to this information and not second hand info.

The gms said the server will be as up to date as the CHN version.
    Fact: The chinese version has more everything. The gms won't disclose specifics.

Next time search the forum.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Official PWI irc: (mirc command, opens in a new window and won't interfere with any servers you're already on) /server -m irc.deltaanime.net -j #pwint
  • ranthe
    ranthe Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    so then, anyone know what the chinese version has that the MY-EN version does not? that'd be a good way to see what extras we get.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • snaptrap
    edited August 2008
    ren wrote: »
    The gms said the server will be as up to date as the CHN version.
    Fact: The chinese version has more everything. The gms won't disclose specifics.

Next time search the forum.

Pretty hard to search for something when you don't know what it is you need to look for to find it. Also I'm still waiting for these new skills.

Next time post a link. Simple. Saves time.
  • karmelia
    karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    snaptrap wrote: »
    Enlighten me. Where is the info that states this?

For the skills, go watch the video interview they made in "One the Spot" this week and check closely the skill tree of the warrior...

Once saw a screenshot of the PandaAdmin on a mount not available in the MY-EN version.
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • snaptrap
    edited August 2008
    karmelia wrote: »
    For the skills, go watch the video interview they made in "One the Spot" this week and check closely the skill tree of the warrior...

Once saw a screenshot of the PandaAdmin on a mount not available in the MY-EN version.

Thanks so much for giving me more information and less attitude. I wish some people would follow your example. Thanks again for the source.
This discussion has been closed.