New to the site and too MMORPG's

super86
super86 Posts: 0 Arc User
edited August 2008 in General Discussion
Well I recently saw this game on onthespot. came here and got a beta key. I personally have never played a MMO. Unless you count diablo. So this will be my first one. I just thought the game looked super nice. So I thought I would register for the beta (did) and give it a try. On additional notes, Any suggestions for getting into the mmorpg field. As I am primary a FPS player I am basically starting with no knowledge. Minus my time with d2 and d1. I do look forward to this game mainly because of the character customization. That is a big draw in for me. Well Time to end the wall of text. Things for reading and props if you made it this far. :P
Post edited by super86 on

Comments

• rev
    rev Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Well, let me be the first to welcome you to the Perfect World International testing party. I will say that you probably chose the best game to start with in MMO field. I have played just about every free one out there (including this game on a different server) and a couple pay to play ones, and out of those, this one keeps drawing me back. And in the unfortunate case that this one isn't for you, there are others, onrpg.com is one of the best databases out there of F2P mmorpgs.
    "Either you die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." Harvey Dent - The Dark Knight

Phase 1 Dungeon Design Contest Winner!
    Entry: Hall of Forsaken Souls, Twas fun to design.
  • junk
    junk Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Archer = bowzon (minus the valk)
    Venomancer = druid
    Barbarian = concentrator
    Wizard = sorc
    Cleric = the bastrad child of a sorc/healadin
    Blademaster = ww/frenzy barb

Same as D2, grind to increase stats, grind harder things, grind some more, run bosses over and over for gear. But you can get all your skills so there's no customization. Stats work pretty much the same, go to the class forums to read up on builds.
  • karmelia
    karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Welcome!

There is also a nice game tutorial to explains you the basics of the game when you start. A window will pup up explaining you the basics of the game's mechanics.

Simply follows the instructions it will give you and you'll soon know the most important things in the game.
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • iry
    iry Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Check out 1perfectworld.com for guides past the normal starting help thing. Most of the game we already have guides for but the ones we don't im currently working on.
    Once Pw-Int comes out ill be updating all the guides on the site to correspond with the right names.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    1perfectworld.com , the best resource for everything Perfect World.
    We got quest guides, cultivation guides, noob guides. If it can be a guide, its there.
    We also got free guild forums :D
    Now with flame forums and trading for CB/OB
  • super86
    super86 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Thanks everyone for the warm welcome, I have been reading up on some of the classes on here. I am pretty excited about this. Thanks for the d2 reference also that gives me a general idea of what each class will be like. Look forward too chatting with you guys/gals on here more and hopefully see you in the game soon :)
  • ambie
    ambie Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Welcome, I warn you, I am known for causing insanity. *shows the label* (Ambie: Take in small doses at first usages if addicted join the fan club and take every few mins)

Nah really welcome.
    *chews your arm*
    I'm sure we'll be able to answer nearly every question you have.
    *hands you a new pet i pulled from my mouth*
  • severan
    severan Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    super86 wrote: »
    Well I recently saw this game on onthespot. came here and got a beta key. I personally have never played a MMO. Unless you count diablo. So this will be my first one. I just thought the game looked super nice. So I thought I would register for the beta (did) and give it a try. On additional notes, Any suggestions for getting into the mmorpg field. As I am primary a FPS player I am basically starting with no knowledge. Minus my time with d2 and d1. I do look forward to this game mainly because of the character customization. That is a big draw in for me. Well Time to end the wall of text. Things for reading and props if you made it this far. :P
    Yes Diablo is a MMO, one the oldest MMO on the planet.
    cool so you're a FPS guy, well MMO shouldn't be hard. MMOs are cool. i'm from the International Quake Squad btw
    ambie wrote: »
    Welcome, I warn you, I am known for causing insanity. *shows the label* (Ambie: Take in small doses at first usages if addicted join the fan club and take every few mins)

Nah really welcome.
    *chews your arm*
    I'm sure we'll be able to answer nearly every question you have.
    *hands you a new pet i pulled from my mouth*
    You got more for me? i need a itsy bitsy dino!
    Sever: Lost City
    Making players RageQuit since 2004

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hello, You have reached Severan on The RQ carebear's automated phone system
    To tell me I've got no life and I live in my mom's basement, press 1. To tell me that you are logging on your level 90 character to kick the **** out of me, press 2. To tell me that your friend is a GM and you're getting me banned, press 3. To tell me RQ is going to fail and talk more **** about RunQuick press 4. If none of these options fit your need please hold the line for idiot assistance, they will be with you shortly...
  • ambie
    ambie Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Of course!
    *spins and shoves my hand down my mouth and pulls out a pocket sized dino*
    Remember to feed him, or her, you won't know until it starts laying eggs.
    *opens mouth and fireworks shoot out*
  • severan
    severan Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    ambie wrote: »
    Of course!
    *spins and shoves my hand down my mouth and pulls out a pocket sized dino*
    Remember to feed him, or her, you won't know until it starts laying eggs.
    *opens mouth and fireworks shoot out*
    it's not for me

*takes the dino to office*
    yea it's for something else
    *calls the game tester brat*
    THIS IS FOR LOLING AT ME WHEN I LOST TO YOU YESTERDAY!!!
    *pulls up the brat's pant , clicks the dino's tail and makes it angry and then drops it down into his underwear*

sweet victory!
    Sever: Lost City
    Making players RageQuit since 2004

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hello, You have reached Severan on The RQ carebear's automated phone system
    To tell me I've got no life and I live in my mom's basement, press 1. To tell me that you are logging on your level 90 character to kick the **** out of me, press 2. To tell me that your friend is a GM and you're getting me banned, press 3. To tell me RQ is going to fail and talk more **** about RunQuick press 4. If none of these options fit your need please hold the line for idiot assistance, they will be with you shortly...
This discussion has been closed.