Exactly what countries will have IP block

lazor
lazor Posts: 36
edited August 2008 in General Discussion
as the title says..... my friend is in china and he wants to come with me...is he blocked?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• karmelia
    karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    lazor wrote: »
    as the title says..... my friend is in china and he wants to come with me...is he blocked?

Yes.

Admin said that all countries having their own localised versions will be banned (except Europe). Wikipedia list these countries as having their own versions :

Malaysia
    China
    Taiwan
    Philippines
    Korea
    Indonesia
    Vietnam
    Thailand
    Japan
    Brazil
    Russia
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • nounours
    nounours Posts: 453
    edited August 2008
    ag , i seee.....
    You really take yourself for an admin, how ever i prefer see one REAL admin confirmation!
    Maybe admins alredy let you their jobs, cause they even didnt post for along time!

......where is my orange juice?????.........
  • karmelia
    edited August 2008
    nounours wrote: »
    You really take yourself for an admin, how ever i prefer see one REAL admin confirmation!
    Maybe admins alredy let you their jobs, cause they even didnt post for along time!

It's the weekend, it's 19:45 in California, the servers are not up yet.

They are probably having a good time doing something they enjoy with people they like.

Some of them have families and a real life to cope with.....

I'm not an admin, but the question was already asked and answered clearly :

Q : Will there be IP blocks for some countries?
    A : Any country that currently has licensed Perfect World will be blocked. (Xarfox)

Does China have it's version of PW? Yes.
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • kyleh
    kyleh Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    i really hope all those countries are ip blocked. because i play a game now that has all those countries in it and its well i cant even use the word to describe it. :D yay
  • arcane
    arcane Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    God Dangit Use The Search Function >.>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Doin' it my way.
  • sphinx
    sphinx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    lol that requires too much work. its easier to just ask again. :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • arcane
    arcane Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    sphinx wrote: »
    lol that requires too much work. its easier to just ask again. :D

Not really >.>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Doin' it my way.
  • roflstomp
    roflstomp Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    ag , i seee.....

......where is my orange juice?????.........

how about u start reading pinned topics or use the damn search button for questions that were answered like 9998 times ?
  • xarfox
    xarfox Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    lazor wrote: »

Hello lazor,

Unfortunately yes, your friend will be blocked from playing the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ren
    ren Posts: 662 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    aside from the fact china has it's own PW, that's also where most gold botters come from. Unfortunately, they'll probably still try to proxy their way in to ruin our economy. -_-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Official PWI irc: (mirc command, opens in a new window and won't interfere with any servers you're already on) /server -m irc.deltaanime.net -j #pwint
  • ark
    ark Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Apparently, there are measures against proxy users.
    As a Guild,

Live as One, fight as One, win as One.
    Strength in Unity,
    Order through Chaos,
    Victory united.
  • massamune
    massamune Posts: 395 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    ag , i seee.....
    You really take yourself for an admin, how ever i prefer see one REAL admin confirmation!.

You're wrong and offensive.

There's a big difference between admins and *contributors*, and you really shouldn't be trying to dissuade the latter from contributing.

It's people like Karm who take a personal interest in the quality of the game that fill in all the blanks for you who can't be bothered to use the search button.

In fact your post is doubly questionable, since if Karmelia had posted incorrect information that would have got an admin response (correcting it) far faster than your original question. So right or wrong (and she's right) she's doing you a favor by answering. Act like it.

I did much the same thing (contributing) on the MY-EN board. I'm still too tired of PW from that to get too far into this board. Maybe that will change once it actually launches. All I see right now are hoards of children on summer vacation whining about every bit of minutiae imaginable on here. :/
  • rev
    rev Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Personally (no offense to your friend in China, have nothing against them) I'm glad to see an IP ban. Mainly because I won't run into as many people speaking a language I don't understand, but it will also keep most of the hackers away, I won't name countries, but if you want to know what I mean, look what happened to albatross 18, nuf said.
    "Either you die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." Harvey Dent - The Dark Knight

Phase 1 Dungeon Design Contest Winner!
    Entry: Hall of Forsaken Souls, Twas fun to design.
  • xarfox
    xarfox Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    ren wrote: »
    aside from the fact china has it's own PW, that's also where most gold botters come from. Unfortunately, they'll probably still try to proxy their way in to ruin our economy. -_-

This statement does hold some truth to it. Nevertheless we will be doing our very best to keep our economy, and our game clean from such activity.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • miles
    miles Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    rev wrote: »
    Personally (no offense to your friend in China, have nothing against them) I'm glad to see an IP ban. Mainly because I won't run into as many people speaking a language I don't understand, but it will also keep most of the hackers away, I won't name countries, but if you want to know what I mean, look what happened to albatross 18, nuf said.

i agree if you want more proof look at silkroadonline aswell there botters and gold sellers are outrageous its so bad most of the time you cant get into the game because the botters and gold sellers have multi accounts on at the same time. and i will point out countries on this one turkey korea and china have the highest amount of bot/gold sellers in most mmo games out there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lena
    lena Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    miles wrote: »
    i agree if you want more proof look at silkroadonline aswell there botters and gold sellers are outrageous its so bad most of the time you cant get into the game because the botters and gold sellers have multi accounts on at the same time. and i will point out countries on this one turkey korea and china have the highest amount of bot/gold sellers in most mmo games out there.

I couldnt agree with you more on the Turkish side trust me Ive had a lot of run ins with them myself on different other mmo games...a good case USKO aka TKO
    You Were Never Meant To Arrive In Hell Looking Like A Fashion Plate...Rather To Slide In Backwards..Glass Of Wine In Hand..Hair In Disarray..Totally Exhausted.... Screaming man what a ride !!!!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • shao
    shao Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    lena wrote: »
    I couldnt agree with you more on the Turkish side trust me Ive had a lot of run ins with them myself on different other mmo games...a good case USKO aka TKO

Well i can say that there wont be any people from Turkey here unless they live in one of the countries not covered by any other server. There are two others servers also being activated around the same time as this one , Europe and Taiwan. Europe covers the country Turkey as one of its client countries.

It can be checked out here. http://www.gamershell.com/news_56490.html
    I amar prestar aen,
    han mathon ne nen,
    han mathon ne chae,
    a han noston ned'wilith.

The world is changed,
    I feel it in the water,
    I feel it in the earth,
    I smell it in the air.

Kia Kaha
    S.S.D.D.
  • karmelia
    edited August 2008
    shao wrote: »
    Well i can say that there wont be any people from Turkey here unless they live in one of the countries not covered by any other server. There are two others servers also being activated around the same time as this one , Europe and Taiwan. Europe covers the country Turkey as one of its client countries.

Europeans will be able to play here as well as than on the European servers.

• handsomethecarlos
    handsomethecarlos Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    hmmm, my friend in korea wont be able to play...thats great! because he is so addicted and pro :p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • archermac
    archermac Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    xarfox wrote: »
    This statement does hold some truth to it. Nevertheless we will be doing our very best to keep our economy, and our game clean from such activity.
    I hope GMs will be active and doing their job well.
    Since the core of the game is same as any other version of PW the first thing bad that WILL happen here is botting.Now bots only need some minor tweaking of files to make them work with any desired PW version,and any person with an IQ equal or more than normal room temperature can set it up.
    So get your BAN button ready.
    Dummy bidding on TW should not be allowed either,in other versions the staff ignores it so you end up with a world map which is dominated by a guild which is protecting it's land by fake bidding.
    I'm glad there are IP bans but still a lot of ..let's call them "evil" players are not from there.
    One thing is true for sure,the start of this PW will not be newbie friendly.
  • nunu
    nunu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I'm with archermac, bots will most certainly be a big challenge here. Would like to see some real-time response from the GMs ingame as well as on the forum. There should be zero tolerance to botters and hackers, severe punishment should be given to the violators. It's kind of like pest control, not an easy task, but if not done well, legitimate players will eventually leave. This really will make or break the IN PW server. And yes, IP blocks definitely will help.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kyleh
    kyleh Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    nunu wrote: »
    I'm with archermac, bots will most certainly be a big challenge here. Would like to see some real-time response from the GMs ingame as well as on the forum. There should be zero tolerance to botters and hackers, severe punishment should be given to the violators. It's kind of like pest control, not an easy task, but if not done well, legitimate players will eventually leave. This really will make or break the IN PW server. And yes, IP blocks definitely will help.

Yes please don't let it turn into MU ONLINE. all bots all ppl afk. ppl duping. omg its badddd.
  • rev
    edited August 2008
    Well since others listed countries, I'll explain for those who didn't look it up (alba 18). Basically a flood of brazilians came in, MOST (not all but most) of them ****, were rude (talking in their language that isn't english, swearing and taunting us) and just overall taking up server space and lagging the game out, it got so bad the company had to block ALL new brazilian accounts, while banning the bad ones (there are still some good, honest players from there). Short version, brazilians nearly killed our server, after they had killed theirs (the brazil server did shut down apparently for the same reasons listed above) thats partly why I am for IP blocks, because I have run into rude people who refuse to speak english, even when some of them can.
    "Either you die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." Harvey Dent - The Dark Knight

• karmelia
    edited August 2008
    rev wrote: »
    because I have run into rude people who refuse to speak english, even when some of them can.

You should expect to meet people who'll not speak english ingame here too.

English is mandatory on the forums, not ingame.

• rev
    edited August 2008
    Once again, I worded what I meant wrong. I know and respect there will be non english speakers on the game, I'm alright with that, it's when 90% of the people you run into don't, like when I played Knight online, I must have been the only one speaking english.. Hope that clears things up

• punkxyz
    punkxyz Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    does asian country will be ban ?
    can admin or gm stat the county that are IP banned ?
    thanks a million.
  • karmelia
    edited August 2008
    punkxyz wrote: »

Those who already have a version of PW running in their own countries. From memory, Asian countries having theirs are : China, Malaysia, Thailand, Vietnam, Philippines, Taiwan, Japan, South Korea, Indonesia.

• ark
    ark Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    karmelia wrote: »
    Those who already have a version of PW running in their own countries. From memory, Asian countries having theirs are : China, Malaysia, Thailand, Vietnam, Philippines, Taiwan, Japan, South Korea, Indonesia.

You forgot Russia.
    As a Guild,

Live as One, fight as One, win as One.
    Strength in Unity,
    Order through Chaos,
    Victory united.
  • ren
    ren Posts: 662 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    punkxyz wrote: »
    can admin or gm stat the county that are IP banned ?
    thanks a million.

If you're not in malaysia, china, or japan, you should be able to connect...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Official PWI irc: (mirc command, opens in a new window and won't interfere with any servers you're already on) /server -m irc.deltaanime.net -j #pwint
  • karmelia
    edited August 2008
    ark wrote: »
    You forgot Russia.

Always thought Ruissia to be an European country....

This discussion has been closed.