Archer and Cash Shop

sarahbear
sarahbear Posts: 106 Arc User
edited August 2008 in Archer
I've been reading that high level archers need to buy cash shop items to be good. Is this true? I really don't want to be spending my extra cash on stuff for PW all the time. :(
"The human body is a canvas for the expression of cultural ideas of men and women throughout time and around the world."
-Liz Sands

:D Buying photoshop at discount price from my school soon. So I can make a sweet signature soon!
Post edited by sarahbear on

Comments

• seveneyes
    seveneyes Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    sarahbear wrote: »
    I've been reading that high level archers need to buy cash shop items to be good. Is this true? I really don't want to be spending my extra cash on stuff for PW all the time. :(

It might've said Archers specifically but it's not true, all classes are approx the same in item mall needs (maybe except venomancer, but that's only in PvE!)

All classes need a heirogram (item mall) to compete in PvP. Luckily you are able to buy item mall currency in game. So you can effectively get these items, but at high in-game gold costs
  • shadow11
    shadow11 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    you dont have to its posibble to get by with out but most highlvls that do AOE lvl tend to eat heiros mostly mp for skills
  • acrimony
    acrimony Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Like everyone said - nah you're not gonna have to buy anything (despite what people say, if you just want to have FUN in the game, AoE parties are NOT mandatory, you'll level a tad slower that's true but if you know what you're doing the leveling time will be somewhere around double for normal grinding - and that's if you're using exp scrolls when AoEing).

The only way you're going to "need"/ to spend real money on cash-shop items is if you decide you want to levelup faster (and buy an exp boosting item) , or go faster (and buy an aviation item or a land mount) , or perhaps you want your character to look prettier (and buy various fashion items).

But if you wait it out for a while (the longer you wait the cheaper vanity items (amongst others) tend to be) you'll see that loads of stuff will be available for in-game money rather then outright buying them from the cash shop - this is done by buying stuff for real money from the cash-shop and re-selling the items for in-game currency via the player stalls (shops/whatever they'll be called in this version).
  • ganja
    ganja Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    seveneyes wrote: »
    It might've said Archers specifically but it's not true, all classes are approx the same in item mall needs (maybe except venomancer, but that's only in PvE!)

All classes need a heirogram (item mall) to compete in PvP. Luckily you are able to buy item mall currency in game. So you can effectively get these items, but at high in-game gold costs

I'm sorry, i've heard so much about these 'heiraograms' and I dont know they are, could you explain to me whats the effect they do on the char?
  • acrimony
    acrimony Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    ganja wrote: »
    I'm sorry, i've heard so much about these 'heiraograms' and I dont know they are, could you explain to me whats the effect they do on the char?

A hierogram (hiero for short cause I can't type all them letters!) provides you with an instant boost once one of these conditions are met:

- if it's a health-hiero - once your health bar goes below 50%, it will automatically fill itself up back to 100%, consuming a portion of your hiero.

- if it's a mana-hiero - once your mana bar goes below 75%, it will automatically fill itself back up to 100%, consuming a portion of your hiero.

In both cases:

- the effect will only happen once every 10s (I could be off by a few seconds, but I'm sure someone will point that out) - so if you go below 50% health again, right after your bar will fills up, the hiero won't trigger, untill it comes off cool-down - as such you are NOT immortal while wearing one. The same applies to mana usage.

- the amount drained from your hiero depends directly and on the amount of HP/MP recovered, so if you lose 500 health, the hiero will lose 500 health from it's "stack". (the same thing applies to the MP ones)

- the hieros are split into 3 categories (on the MY version, there may be more on this international version) each restoring a set amount of HP - OR - MP (you can not have one hiero that does both) depending on it's type.

I hope that answers some of your questions regarding hieros!
  • wimpknuckles
    wimpknuckles Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    And once you've bought 1 Hiero, it doesn't go empty or something, just cooldown? :0
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.
    When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.
  • matthew
    matthew Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    And once you've bought 1 Hiero, it doesn't go empty or something, just cooldown? :0

There are different grades of hiero, the better the hiero the more it can activate. Example:

Golden Vital Hierogram: Fully restore HP when HP value is less than 50%. Cooldown time 10.0 seconds. Maximum HP recovered: 600,000.

Silver Vital Hierogram: Fully restore HP when HP value is less than 50%. Cooldown time 10.0 seconds. Maximum HP recovered: 350,000.
  • wimpknuckles
    wimpknuckles Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I see, and they're also purchasable through in-game gold, no? (or if not, through other players who did pay real cash for it and sells it in-game?)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.
    When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.