The Questions of Oz!

coldhehee
coldhehee Posts: 3 Arc User
edited July 2008 in General Discussion
1: does it have dual mode pvp? like we request a duel and no one can interfere? like LordOftheRings/WoW?

2: does it have open-pvp like we can attack anyone at anytime in anywhere except in towns?

3: does it have party vs party pvp like in mo siang?

4: any instances? is the dungeon instance like in mabinogi/requiem? or like lineage2/archlord? anything instance at all?

5: does it have unique sound when land a critical?

5: does this game have shield? if so.. does it have percentage of block rate? or only add hp?

6: when you block an attack using shield.... doe sit have unique sound when it block?

7: can any character have a chance to block without using a shield?

8: does archer class have unlimit arrows like in last chaos? or do we have to buy arrows?

9: does it have skill/moves that shows we hit multiple times? like chain attacks.. like heaven chain and ascension chain in silkroad?

10: i heard we can craft weapons and armors and it will show the name of the crafter in the item even if the item is in other people's hand so that the crafter will get fame and credit. is this true? and is the craft system reddiculously insane like in lineage2? or addictively without hasstle like in rohan?

11: any words on a new race/class yet?

12: will item mall ruin the moral of the game by selling overpowered items that effects pvp?

13: is mobs model recycled? like in rohan? like you see the same damn mob model everywhere you go even at other race area! even in dungeons! same mobs in dungeon and outdoor! i hope not!

14: if we make guild.... can we be able to put nickname above our head and can change it anytime like in lineage2?

15: so i jus read a post from lipe.... says it only have dodge... so when it dodge do it have a unique sound? or no sound and jus have a word says "miss" ?

16: how is requirement system of equipments? is it level-based restrict like silkroad/archlord? or like lineage2 which is a grade-based?

ps. if the questions is already answered... feel free to answer it again. i love multiple answers from multiple people to ensure accuracy and i jus love reading multiple answers.
Post edited by coldhehee on

Comments

• ark
    ark Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    coldhehee wrote: »
    1: does it have dual mode pvp? like we request a duel and no one can interfere? like LordOftheRings/WoW? Yes.

2: does it have open-pvp like we can attack anyone at anytime in anywhere except in towns?Yes.

3: does it have party vs party pvp like in mo siang?No. There's guild versus guild, though.

4: any instances? is the dungeon instance like in mabinogi/requiem? or like lineage2/archlord? anything instance at all? There's 9 cultivation instances, and many other various instances.

5: does it have unique sound when land a critical? No.

5: does this game have shield? if so.. does it have percentage of block rate? or only add hp?No.

6: when you block an attack using shield.... doe sit have unique sound when it block?No.

7: can any character have a chance to block without using a shield?No.

8: does archer class have unlimit arrows like in last chaos? or do we have to buy arrows?Buy 'em.

9: does it have skill/moves that shows we hit multiple times? like chain attacks.. like heaven chain and ascension chain in silkroad? No.

10: i heard we can craft weapons and armors and it will show the name of the crafter in the item even if the item is in other people's hand so that the crafter will get fame and credit. is this true? and is the craft system reddiculously insane like in lineage2? or addictively without hasstle like in rohan? It's true. It's pretty good, too.

11: any words on a new race/class yet? No.

12: will item mall ruin the moral of the game by selling overpowered items that effects pvp? Nothing overpowered, but there are items that prevent item loss.

13: is mobs model recycled? like in rohan? like you see the damn same mob model everywhere you go even at other race area! even in dungeons! same mobs in dungeon and outdoor! i hope not! Partly. There are many new mobs, but some recycled ones too.

Me = bold :cool:
    As a Guild,

Live as One, fight as One, win as One.
    Strength in Unity,
    Order through Chaos,
    Victory united.
  • coldhehee
    coldhehee Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    at number 13 @ ark
    how hardcore is the recycled? is it hardcore like rohan? tired of killing same ol mob! rohan is too hardcore on that department. i hope perfect world is light on it.
  • lipe124
    lipe124 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    12: will item mall ruin the moral of the game by selling overpowered items that effects pvp?
    Kinda yes, HP and MP hierograms is a massive unfair advantage in PVP.

5-6: There is only doge that can be achived by raising agi, items and certain class skills.

13: There is flying foxies/golems/bees/turtles that gets recycled to death, BUT thats a small percentage of the total mobs - there is millions of unique cool looking ones
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Higurashi no Naku Koro ni - Go watch it alone ;)
  • ark
    ark Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    at number 13 @ ark
    how hardcore is the recycled? is it hardcore like rohan? tired of killing same ol mob! rohan is too hardcore on that department. i hope perfect world is light on it.

I've never played Rohan so I wouldn't know. If you've played LotRO, then I can say it's way better than that. It's not too bad - maybe 3 or 4 types of mobs share each model, and there are hundreds of types.
    As a Guild,

Live as One, fight as One, win as One.
    Strength in Unity,
    Order through Chaos,
    Victory united.
  • karmelia
    karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    1: does it have dual mode pvp? like we request a duel and no one can interfere?

No.
    2: does it have open-pvp like we can attack anyone at anytime in anywhere except in towns?

Yes and no. One server is open PvP, the other one give you the choice to turn PvP on or off under certain conditions
    3: does it have party vs party pvp ?

Yes
    4: any instances?

Yes

No.
    5: does this game have shield?

No

Any char have a chance to evade a physical attack. Higher agility = better dodge rate.
    8: does archer class have unlimit arrows? or do we have to buy arrows?

No unlimited arrows. You must buy/craft or drop from monsters
    9: does it have skill/moves that shows we hit multiple times?

Never played a warrior type, but I don't think there is. You have skills that allow you to attack multiple targets at once tho (area of effect attacks)
    10: i heard we can craft weapons and armors and it will show the name of the crafter in the item even if the item is in other people's hand so that the crafter will get fame and credit. is this true?

Yes
    and is the craft system reddiculously insane

This game don't require insane amount of materials to craft, but the drop rates of some items are very low. Others must be gathered on the ground so you have to compete with others players to be the first one on the materials. Otherwise, all the materials can be bought from the cash shop.

There will be in the expansion pack. No date set for release on these servers tho.

Yes. Having a vital hierogram (or whatever names they'll have here) give you a serious advantage over someone who don't have one.
    13: is mobs model recycled? like you see the same damn mob model everywhere you go even at other race area! even in dungeons! same mobs in dungeon and outdoor! i hope not!

Some are, but with various colors / small details changes. But there are a wide variety of different monsters models.
    14: if we make guild.... can we be able to put nickname above our head and can change it anytime

No. It can be done in the guild roster, but it will not show to other players above your head.
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • t0yo
    t0yo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Sticky Please ;D
  • june
    june Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    karmelia already answered, but it took so long for me to type this T_T
    1: does it have dual mode pvp? like we request a duel and no one can interfere? like LordOftheRings/WoW?
    It has duel mode pvp. I think in a secure zone, people can interfere, but only by buffing? But if both people are already similarly buffed, then it doesn't matter. It may be possible to heal someone in a duel also. However, it's not possible for a third party to attack them in a secure zone (i.e. town).
    Yes. On the "PVP" server, players can be attacked anywhere where it's not a secure zone (usually a town) after level 29. However, there was a town in MY-EN where secure zone is not enabled for some reason but that may change? On the "PVE" server, all players involved must have PK enabled (after level 29).
    3: does it have party vs party pvp like in mo siang?
    Well, two parties could decide to pvp each other. Being in the same party makes it easier to select a person to heal them, or to target the same target as another party member.
    4: any instances? is the dungeon instance like in mabinogi/requiem? or like lineage2/archlord? anything instance at all?
    Dungeon instance is more like mabinogi on the day where every party has its own instance. Every party has it's own instance. Sometimes the instance persists a little after leaving a dungeon, but re-entering with a new party leader will create a new instance.
    Gah, I don't recall. I play a lot with sound off. A big red number pops up though, but that doesn't answer the question, sorry. ^_^"
    5: does this game have shield? if so.. does it have percentage of block rate? or only add hp?
    We can't equip shields in this game. I guess fantasy version of Ancient China, no one uses shields? There is dodge rate where the enemy can miss.
    6: when you block an attack using shield.... doe sit have unique sound when it block?
    Unfortunately, there are no shields?
    Any character can dodge depending upon the dodge statistic which is affected by dexterity and items equipped and buffs (not sure if they will keep these names.)
    8: does archer class have unlimit arrows like in last chaos? or do we have to buy arrows?
    Archers have to buy arrows. Seems expensive at the beginning for some, but spare change later on?
    9: does it have skill/moves that shows we hit multiple times? like chain attacks.. like heaven chain and ascension chain in silkroad?
    I'm not sure. There are some attacks with multi-hit animations but only one attack value appears. Mostly, one can "chain" an attack with the built in macro or spamming hotkeys, but they don't give an extra hit bonus, but we can like chain: stun|bleeding|defense debuff|etc.
    10: i heard we can craft weapons and armors and it will show the name of the crafter in the item even if the item is in other people's hand so that the crafter will get fame and credit. is this true? and is the craft system reddiculously insane like in lineage2? or addictively without hasstle like in rohan?
    Yes. Crafted weapons and armor keep the name of the crafter, so when other players use the "player information" button, they can see who crafted the weapons and armor. It's possible to get decent basic armor/weapons by crafting, by only gathering materials in game, or using the item mall for materials. However, there are rare "recipes" (called molders in MY-EN) that are needed to create the elite weapons/armor/accessories in the game.
    I think there are just the 6 classes? At level 89, we choose heaven or hell, so it is kind of like a sub class?
    Not really. There aren't any really item mall items that like directly affect stats. There are xp scrolls which help someone level faster outside of pvp. There are special stones that help the success rate to refine weapons and armor so people are better prepared for pvp. Mounts and aviation gear can affect how fast some can run away or "kite" another player in mid air battle. There were some item mall weapons I think on PW-CN (didn't see them on MY-EN), but not as powerful as in-game weapons, and mostly good for specific builds? (like heavy armor venomancer)
    13: is mobs model recycled? like in rohan? like you see the same damn mob model everywhere you go even at other race area! even in dungeons! same mobs in dungeon and outdoor! i hope not!
    There are some recycled mob models, but there are always new models to see I think at every level, especially at higher levels it gets interesting. The most gratuitous recycling is in levels 1-20, the mobs are similar (but different colored) for the three separate races, even though they are in different areas. It isn't really noticed if one only plays one race. But say if one were to play a human character, and then a wing elf, then it's like "Did I see these before?"

Hope some of the answers helped. (I shouldn't have taken take caffeine pill. -_- )
This discussion has been closed.