Game version

karmelia
karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
edited July 2008 in General Discussion
Browsing through the European server's forums and I found this. How come this guys knows things about here even the admins here did not told us about?:confused::confused::confused:

So, will we be behind the malaysian servers as far as version goes or not?

Kru
Games-Masters.com

Regarding Version:

The USA aka International Version will stay light behind the Malaysia Version. After latest info it will be something like that:

Malaysia version 3-4 weeks behind Chinese and USA version 4-6 weeks behind Malaysian. This is regarding patch/updates delivering.

When we start with closed beta our version will be same Version like the USA one.

But for commercial start OUR VERSION will be same version like the Chinese one. We will receive directly the newest updates/patches in Chinese language when they arrive on the Chinese Server. After it we do the translation. When this is done they go straight away live on our system.

Need to point out that we can't give any information about other Versions as these will be run by other companies. Possible that they will get updated like us in the future but currently it is like I mentioned it here.
Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
Post edited by karmelia on

Comments

• sahrai
    sahrai Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    The admins haven't told us what version we will be starting with because should something happen that changes said version, they wouldn't want to disappoint. I honestly don't blame them.

As for what the European version staff are saying, I did see a quote somewhere that said the international version will start at same level as the Chinese server -- and now they say we are behind Malaysia? Sounds like they're just trying to pump up their version more..
    Official PWI irc: irc.deltaanime.net #pwint
    IdleRPG with hilarious customizations included. No chat penalty; others remain the same.
  • devotion
    devotion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    this version wont be behind PW-MY :S this guys just spreading bs

PWE is a subdivision of PW Beijing and in an interview they said the server will be the same as the chinese version
    I like to rub it in. Enjoying the game?
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=1810092&postcount=6
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=3518732&postcount=17
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=3986762&postcount=6
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • june
    june Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    I am surprised by Kru from Games-Masters statements. International and Malaysia are two separate companies and Malaysia does their own translation separate from the International version, so there is no reason that the International update would be contingent upon or follow the Malaysian release after 4-6 weeks. Thus far, the forum administrators have assured us that International will have the most up to date content that they can produce.

Kru disclaims the precious statements regarding release times by saying that he "can't give any information about other Versions as these will be run by other companies."

One interesting point is when he says "when [they] start with closed beta [their] version will be same Version like the USA one." I wonder when Games-Masters licensed Perfect World on July 24th, 2008, they were able to get the most update English translated version at the time for the licensing agreement...
  • sweet
    sweet Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Just curious, where can i find the European server? : )

Cool that they will stay on same version as chineese : D
    IGN: .
    Class: Vim
    Level: 0
    Guild: no guild yet
    Server: Shura (EU Powaah!)
  • xarfox
    xarfox Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    sahrai wrote: »
    As for what the European version staff are saying, I did see a quote somewhere that said the international version will start at same level as the Chinese server -- and now they say we are behind Malaysia? Sounds like they're just trying to pump up their version more..

*sound of hitting a nail directly on the head*

Trust me, we are the direct subsidiary of Beijing Perfect World. They are a 3rd party publisher. If anyone is going to have the most up to date English version, it would make sense that it's Perfect World Entertainment. ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • karmelia
    karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    I love pandas ;)
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • koz
    koz Posts: 465 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    I just want the updated, cheaper cash shop <333. I'm not really worried about the higher level content in the game :3

Hopefully they sell cards at like 7-11 or Rite Aide :x
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • xkwisite
    xkwisite Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Kru
    Games-Masters.com

Regarding Version:

The USA aka International Version will stay light behind the Malaysia Version. After latest info it will be something like that:

Malaysia version 3-4 weeks behind Chinese and USA version 4-6 weeks behind Malaysian. This is regarding patch/updates delivering.

When we start with closed beta our version will be same Version like the USA one.

Dont worry, he has no idea what he's talking about. The MY version is over a year behind the CN version.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.