Newcomers Read This Before Choosing PvP

karmelia
karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
edited August 2008 in General Discussion
'm not trying to promote the PvE server in this post but what I'm trying to do is give people a different view of the PvP/PvE situation.

-I have to say that you should not make the decision of playing PvP or PvE from someone on this forum. If you are not already totally brainwashed into thinking that the PvE server will be 24/7 KS fest PLEASE try both versions in the closed beta especially if you are new to this game.

-Newcomers have to realize that there isnt a game changing amount of KSing in the PvE server.
Yes, you may get KSed but I have leveled 2 characters past 50 and only 2 times I got ksed. Only a very small amount of people kill steal mobs, and getting ksed is no big deal. If you are killing a mob, you move over to another area. There are plenty of every type of mobs everywhere to satisfy everyone.

Again, these are just my thoughts and i'm not saying PvP is bad and PvE is good. Everyone has their opinions im just trying to help newcomers that havent experienced this game yet make a decision that suits them best. I didnt post these points for them to be argued, so unless im bored I wont argue back.

Also I have a suggestion. The server should be named PvP/PvE because that will give the new players an exact description of what each server is really about.
Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
Post edited by karmelia on

Comments

• xauss
    xauss Posts: 223 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    funny stuff - good parody
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • blaze
    blaze Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    You will realize that the PvE server sucks when you get to the endgame content, believe me. There will be soooo many **** who talk **** all day and you can't do anything about them, oh and don't even start with the duel ****.... EPs own most of the other classes in duels so it's not really balanced.

You will see the difference after 1-2 months, the PvP server will have massive PK wars, KoS lists, real TWs (where not just any nub guild starts to bid on territories since they have to watch out for KoS and PKers), world chat drama (ooooh how i love it <3) and much more.

What will the PvE server have? **** duels, TWs with nub guilds, **** drama (with pussies talking about how good they are in duels), M A S S I V E KSing (if you don't believe me you're a ****, there are like 3-4 good AoE spots from lvl 60-90 and around 1k players who want to grind there..... but you can't PK anyone if the AoE spot is taken and they are usually shared within the guild, so yea.... good luck finding a spot to AoE)
    Oooooh and the most important thing.... why the hell would you spend months farming the HH to get your green Armor+Weapons? to own in PvE? lol and what about the Military rank equipment? They are made for PKing since you can't drop them. Will you farm FBs and rep quests for months to get awesome armor and then realize you can't do anything with it?

I know someone will reply something like "they still need good armor+weaps for TWs bla bla", so? It doesn't make any difference what kinda armor you wear when 10 people spam their skills on you.

So yea.... lvling might be harder on the PvP server, but it will be great when you get to 60+, the PvE server might sound like fun to you, but once you reach the endgame content you will wish to be on the PvP server.
  • scarlet
    scarlet Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    to the newcomers:
    - if u go PvE, no matter what other ppl say, not all will be resumed to Ksing;
    - if u go PvP, not all will be resumed to PK.
    Its really your choice, I suggest u try both a see for yourself.:)
  • sigoh
    sigoh Posts: 341 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    karmelia wrote: »
    'm not trying to promote the PvE server in this post but what I'm trying to do is give people a different view of the PvP/PvE situation.

-I have to say that you should not make the decision of playing PvP or PvE from someone on this forum. If you are not already totally brainwashed into thinking that the PvE server will be 24/7 KS fest PLEASE try both versions in the closed beta especially if you are new to this game.

-Newcomers have to realize that there isnt a game changing amount of KSing in the PvE server.
    Yes, you may get KSed but I have leveled 2 characters past 50 and only 2 times I got ksed. Only a very small amount of people kill steal mobs, and getting ksed is no big deal. If you are killing a mob, you move over to another area. There are plenty of every type of mobs everywhere to satisfy everyone.

Again, these are just my thoughts and i'm not saying PvP is bad and PvE is good. Everyone has their opinions im just trying to help newcomers that havent experienced this game yet make a decision that suits them best. I didnt post these points for them to be argued, so unless im bored I wont argue back.

Also I have a suggestion. The server should be named PvP/PvE because that will give the new players an exact description of what each server is really about.

what is this, like Devotion's stalker?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Chaotic Oblivion~Fated Twilight~Eternal Sorrow~Corrupted Fidelity
  • handsomethecarlos
    handsomethecarlos Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    wow, im just gonna go to the server were pro's are going
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • karmelia
    edited July 2008
    wow, im just gonna go to the server were pro's are going

Join us, join the dark side.

We have milk! cookies!

We even have bad guys with us! joinusoricry2662midsw4.jpg
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • blaze
    edited July 2008
    I don't wanna start another discussion, but if you want to join the server with the "pros" then that would have to be the PvP server, seriously.

Most of the PW MY players will join it and almost all of us have plenty of experience + the hardcore grinders will join the PvP server.... (I'm assuming that's what you mean by "pros")
  • sigoh
    sigoh Posts: 341 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    the dark side... that is the side im joining ;p

PvP FTW
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Chaotic Oblivion~Fated Twilight~Eternal Sorrow~Corrupted Fidelity
  • karmelia
    edited July 2008
    blaze wrote: »
    the hardcore grinders will join the PvP server....

i eagerly await to see who'll hit level 100 first. I would not be surprised to see it happens on the optional-PvP server.

• lipe124
    lipe124 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    aww man I really wanted to join the PVE server but all your compelling arguments and facts in this thread totally won me over. I mean I know what I want and I know I'll pick pve any day over pvp but really.. this thread moved me to tears and I cant help but to choose pvp.. NOOOOOOOOOOOT

Good lord, ppl won't even read this topic by the time the server goes live. The ones that did read it is in for a surprise cos its a new server and no one knows what it will be like until they've actually played the game. All of this wild speculations and nonsense talk about the two servers is ridiculous.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Higurashi no Naku Koro ni - Go watch it alone ;)
  • esux
    esux Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Let's all join the PvE server. IMO.

We can have tea parties, play dress up and maybe if were really brave we could kill some monsters! Ah, the excitement is too much. I'm getting wet.
  • blaze
    edited July 2008
    Lmao you do realize that AoE parties will get crushed and there will be massive PK wars right?

Of course the PvE server will have higher lvl players....but when it comes down to skill: PvP server > PvE server

Ok maybe you'll be better at HH farming D:
  • lipe124
    lipe124 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Now ur talking, teaparties totally make me wet also! especially when there is little fluffy doileys under the cups.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Higurashi no Naku Koro ni - Go watch it alone ;)
  • massamune
    massamune Posts: 395 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    I've lost interest in both servers.
  • arcane
    arcane Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    massamune wrote: »
    I've lost interest in both servers.

good to know. Bye.
    No one will miss you.
    No one cares.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Doin' it my way.
  • ark
    ark Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    arcane wrote: »
    good to know. Bye.
    No one will miss you.
    No one cares.

That's not true... he's an intelligent user. I'll miss him.
    As a Guild,

Live as One, fight as One, win as One.
    Strength in Unity,
    Order through Chaos,
    Victory united.
  • arcane
    edited July 2008
    ark wrote: »
    That's not true... he's an intelligent user. I'll miss him.

Have fun having teaparties together.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Doin' it my way.
  • ark
    edited July 2008
    Have fun having teaparties together.

Are you kidding? My class and build is entirely based on TW and PK. I assume you're more of a carebear than me .
    As a Guild,

Strength in Unity,
    Order through Chaos,
    Victory united.
  • arcane
    edited July 2008
    Are you kidding? My class and build is entirely based on TW and PK. I assume you're more of a carebear than me .

You assume wrong.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Doin' it my way.
  • ark
    edited July 2008
    Hm. I guess we'll just have to wait and see then ;).
    As a Guild,

Strength in Unity,
    Order through Chaos,
    Victory united.
  • arcane
    edited July 2008
    Hm. I guess we'll just have to wait and see then ;).

I can judge from your guild description thanks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Doin' it my way.
  • ark
    edited July 2008
    Mmkay, then. Believe what you will ;)
    As a Guild,

Strength in Unity,
    Order through Chaos,
    Victory united.
  • arcane
    edited July 2008
    Mmkay, then. Believe what you will ;)

Obviously I do, thanks for allowing me to do so.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Doin' it my way.
  • ark
    edited July 2008
    No problem at all, Arc.
    As a Guild,

Strength in Unity,
    Order through Chaos,
    Victory united.
  • blaze
    edited July 2008
    You're both ****, now back off.
  • arcane
    edited July 2008
    blaze wrote: »
    You're both ****, now back off.

Thanks for your input into the matter. It is currently being considered amongst us and we will get back to you.

Thanks

~Arcane
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Doin' it my way.
  • blaze
    edited July 2008
    :>

• t0yo
    t0yo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Thanks for your input into the matter. It is currently being considered amongst us and we will get back to you.

Thanks

~Arcane

Blaze, arcane and ark want to have a threesome with you. Read between the lines

XD~
  • merulz
    merulz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    t0yo wrote: »
    Blaze, arcane and ark want to have a threesome with you. Read between the lines

XD~

You're sick and perverted.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Perfect World IRC:
    Server: irc.deltaanime.net
    Channel: #pwint
  • blaze
    edited July 2008
    :0 I'll join if t0yo tags along.
This discussion has been closed.