Pros and Cons To werebeast classes

leon
leon Posts: 42 Arc User
edited October 2009 in Barbarian
So I'd just like for someone to summarize quickly the pros and cons of the werebeast race and the barbarian class. please and thank you.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
~Leon
Post edited by leon on

Comments

• ecatomb
    ecatomb Posts: 1
    edited July 2008
    leon wrote: »
    So I'd just like for someone to summarize quickly the pros and cons of the werebeast race and the barbarian class. please and thank you.
    Pros: high HP, can tank boss, hard to kill
    Cons: hard to hit archer, low damage
  • coros
    coros Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    They have high dmg depending on the build you go with. Perdition can hit for 40k+ and its an aoe attack.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

3x WB Heaven's Tear
  • koz
    koz Posts: 465 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    coros wrote: »
    They have high dmg depending on the build you go with. Perdition can hit for 40k+ and its an aoe attack.

Perdition will never hit that much in pvp... even with full str and a +12 weapon.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • leon
    edited July 2008
    koz wrote: »
    Perdition will never hit that much in pvp... even with full str and a +12 weapon.

youll have to forgive me for being a newb but what does "aoe" mean?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Leon
  • leon
    edited July 2008
    ecatomb wrote: »
    Pros: high HP, can tank boss, hard to kill
    Cons: hard to hit archer, low damage

Awesome thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Leon
  • ladyrain
    ladyrain Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    aoe=area of effect, damages all within an area
  • leon
    edited July 2008
    Gotcha thanks a bunch!:D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Leon
  • azure
    azure Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    lol is this your first mmorpg? mine was everquest lol thats where i found out what aoe was .^^ i don't know much about wb but they take a while to lvl up even in later lvls
  • leon
    edited August 2008
    azure wrote: »
    lol is this your first mmorpg? mine was everquest lol thats where i found out what aoe was .^^ i don't know much about wb but they take a while to lvl up even in later lvls
    Not really ive played many but forget the terms cause i never play them seriously. This one however is a keeper. Really caught my attention.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Leon
  • sphinx
    sphinx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    leon wrote: »
    Not really ive played many but forget the terms cause i never play them seriously. This one however is a keeper. Really caught my attention.

don't run your expectations too high or you might be disappointed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • leon
    edited August 2008
    sphinx wrote: »
    don't run your expectations too high or you might be disappointed.

Ahh dont be a downer man, you sound too serious, it is just a game after all. It is just for fun. :D

And if I was the least bit paranoid, I would you think you were trying to scare me off cause I might be competition, eh? ;):p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Leon
  • evrilysis
    evrilysis Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Did you make these threads in all the class sections for post count?

Seriously, there are plenty of threads already in each section that deals with this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • leon
    edited August 2008
    evrilysis wrote: »
    Did you make these threads in all the class sections for post count?

Seriously, there are plenty of threads already in each section that deals with this.

No I did not make them for post count I made them to collect information in one thread for me and for beginners alike so please back off and let the officials handle it as they see fit, if they dont like my threads let the officials remove them. Thank you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Leon
  • evrilysis
    evrilysis Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    There are plenty of guides in all of the individual class forums with numerous posts in them.

Use search, repetitive threads only add to the clutter.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • leon
    edited August 2008
    evrilysis wrote: »
    There are plenty of guides in all of the individual class forums with numerous posts in them.

Use search, repetitive threads only add to the clutter.

You sound like a parrot repeating the same thing over and over again. Dont you have someone else to troll? Oh wait apparently not. Thats okay though I think ill keep you around :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Leon
  • meatshield
    meatshield Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Yeah all the wanna-be mod's are really annoying.

You do not make the mod's job easier by pointing out there is a search function. You just add spam and boost your post count.
    Pray for mercy.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

When kneeling before us gets old.
    RQClan.com
  • anima
    anima Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Lol, this box has gone too far from its purpose.
    WB is strong in defense, therefore tanker is their job: bosses, HH, "driver" is war... Acutally, there are a few bosses that we can't tank...
    WB dmg is really low, with low accuracy ><, it means this class is not for PVP lovers. Compare to other class, lvl up a WB takes more time and effords.
    Why...so...serious?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • nokki
    nokki Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Barbarian is not the right name for WB, because he is made for tanking bosses, i dont think a barbarian is doing that. U lvl a little harder with him because of the low damage, but later when u higher lvl, u can aoe with him pretty good.
  • r00st3r
    r00st3r Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    did someone just say " aoe "... thats my style ...
  • xkwisite
    xkwisite Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Pros: High HP,Moderate Defense, Wanted for Parties.
    Cons: Excruciatingly low damage,Low hit rate,expensive,tedious.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • aland
    aland Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    xkwisite wrote: »
    Pros: High HP,Moderate Defense, Wanted for Parties.
    Cons: Excruciatingly low damage,Low hit rate,expensive,tedious.
    Pros: same as above + good AOE skills
    Cons: good hit rate (with 2 good rings), HIGH damage at higher lvl, expensive (no more than clerics), slow lvling at start.

In my mind Pros out weight's the benefits. This is a class that's gets better and better at high levels, I know many players who play their char to high lvl then decide to switch to this class for all the reasons above.
  • katenas
    katenas Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    so they are the late bloomers? as wizards and archers, right?
  • rax
    rax Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    wb was my main on the MY version and in OB im going wb again. Equiped right and played good a wb is hard to take down at the higher lvls. Leveling might be a bit slower but only if you solo alot get a good guild takes care of that. Except for a few bosses a wb and ep can handle anything in game the rest are just dmg adds to kill faster.
  • xkwisite
    xkwisite Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    aland wrote: »
    Pros: same as above + good AOE skills
    Cons: good hit rate (with 2 good rings), HIGH damage at higher lvl, expensive (no more than clerics), slow lvling at start.

In my mind Pros out weight's the benefits. This is a class that's gets better and better at high levels, I know many players who play their char to high lvl then decide to switch to this class for all the reasons above.

WB has 2 good AOE's.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • aland
    aland Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Yes Babarians are late boomers. Early game release there are never enough babarians to go around (they are in very high demand in everything). But once they game has been going on for 1 yr or so, lots of ppl re roll to a babarian, because of what they have seen they can do at higher lvl.
    To summarise.

Pros: relaitvely high damage (at high level, in human form), good AOE skills (solo AOE relatively fast), NO PROBLEM with accuracy, (u get a skill plus u can always get those accuracy +50% rings). HIGHEST hp in game by far. HIGHLY demanded in parties, TW (they can't win without a barb). Ability to transform and flexibility to become tank or DD. Last but least, looks awesome with good skill animation and can ride on 2 headed dragons.

Cons: slow lvling at first, low accuracy at first (once u learn the accuracy skill u won't have a prob), low damage at first.. I can't think of any cons at later lvls to be honest. EXPENSIVE? no not really because if u think about all the parties u can join, yeah the armor fixing prices is more expensive but u get into so many money making parties so fast, u earn money faster than other ppl regardless of ur armor fixing costs.

note i say relatively because there are always other class that can do better than barb at those things i listed above, but a class can't have everything. Given all the pros u get as a barb, u shouldn't have all those pros to be honest.
  • wavemaster
    wavemaster Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I will roll barbarian, nicely put cons and pros....

And yeah WBs can look so awsome if u put good fasion on them :) love tiger shape :)

after 20+ u can lvl as any other char, well exept vencro......
    RADIANCE Guild Marshal ---> only the best ;)
    [SIGPIC]http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa228/hackor5/pwlowser.gif[/SIGPIC]
    Wave - Barbarian lvl 3x
  • Domenic - Dreamweaver
    Domenic - Dreamweaver Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    the pros of being a barb is high hp and being able to take alotta dmg. the cons are high repair costs and not alotta dmg being done thats y alotta ppl give up on there barbs but mines a keeper=)
  • _Synergy_ - Heavens Tear
    _Synergy_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I. Pros and Cons really depend on your build/gear, but here are the overall assumptions.
    Pros:
    High HP
    High HP Recovery Rate
    Good Physical Defense
    Skills to help keep aggro/hate of monsters
    Best Tank / Wanted in Parties
    Catapult Pullers = Essential in Territory Wars
    Great damage at endgame
    Cons:
    Low accuracy(due to low DEX in most builds. Can be solved at later levels with the skill Blood Bath, as well as +50% accuracy rings (Lv. 77?))
    Low damage in the beginning/mid levels
    Low Magic Defense
    High repair cost
    High potion/charm cost
    Requires patience. Many give up before reaching lv 89+ due to high costs & other classes excelling more in terms of damage. (Barbarians rock at endgame though)

b:victory

Credit goes to: Dai-Heavens Tear
  • Aquilonian - Dreamweaver
    Aquilonian - Dreamweaver Posts: 244 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Y'all postin in a necro thread! b:bye
    "Let's all be reasonable here. PWI hasn't fully kept their word about anything since the "Permanent" Charm Packs. This is just another example. We should be used to it by now." -Isala
This discussion has been closed.