character wipe?

santa
santa Posts: 2 Arc User
edited June 2009 in Chronicles
hey im wondering if there will be a character wipe after cb?
Post edited by santa on

Comments

• veco
    veco Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    *shakes magic 8ball*

All signs are pointing at yes
  • shao
    shao Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    It would be fair to wipe them once the OB happens.
    I amar prestar aen,
    han mathon ne nen,
    han mathon ne chae,
    a han noston ned'wilith.

The world is changed,
    I feel it in the water,
    I feel it in the earth,
    I smell it in the air.

Kia Kaha
    S.S.D.D.
  • shadowwarrior
    shadowwarrior Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    santa wrote: »

This has been answered:

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=9271&postcount=14
  • calvin
    calvin Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    what is the point to play well in CB?:confused:
  • hong
    hong Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    calvin wrote: »

to gain reputation

edit : and enemies
    RoC.
  • xarfox
    xarfox Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008

In my experience betas are good to find out what kind of character you want to play when the game goes live. Also gaining some experience with the game will make your second or third time around that much easier.

I myself am a hardcore gamer so when a new server opens for a new game, I tend to want to have a plan ready with respect to class/build.

But hey, different folks, different strokes. ;)

And to answer the question of the OP, there is a definite possibility that all characters will be wiped at the end of beta.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • celes
    celes Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    CBs should be deleted. It gives a rather unfair advantage to a select group a people. I myself have a CB key, and I do want it deleted. CBs give you knowledge of quests, grind spots, builds, etc. so you already have a rather big edge on the people who have to wait for OB
  • oolong
    oolong Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    I really don't care about unfair advantages or whatnot, honestly. Everyone is going to reach the level cap eventually. But I can go with whatever, y'know. Go with the flow, it's just a game and all that. ^_^
  • tant
    tant Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    xarfox wrote: »
    In my experience betas are good to find out what kind of character you want to play when the game goes live. Also gaining some experience with the game will make your second or third time around that much easier.

I myself am a hardcore gamer so when a new server opens for a new game, I tend to want to have a plan ready with respect to class/build.

And to answer the question of the OP, there is a definite possibility that all characters will be wiped at the end of beta.

Also when you start playing you would have friends from CB which would make it funner at the start.
  • irrlicht
    irrlicht Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Well generally I prefer RESET over DELETION of the chars since in case of PW you have to do all the settings and naming again! But for games containing PVP there should definitly be an equal chance for everybody at the game start

*holds up a shield* Yes, for Reseting/Deletion
  • soukyuu
    soukyuu Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    irrlicht wrote: »
    you have to do all the settings and naming again
    Err.. how about using the "save/load .ini" feature of the game?

Besides, a wipe is easier than a reset imho.
    PW has been endless frustration for me #2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • irrlicht
    irrlicht Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    soukyuu wrote: »
    Err.. how about using the "save/load .ini" feature of the game?

Besides, a wipe is easier than a reset imho.

Good point :D My bad, haven't thought about that this game does feature that. Still don't like to worry that my char name is taken allready :p
    I'm fine with a wipe as well if it's too much affort to reset ;)
  • jim1771
    jim1771 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008

To find bugs, glitches, and potential exploits so that they can be removed so that our fellow gamers have a better game. That is a reward in itself. Trust me I have been testing games for a long time. One of my favorite games I tested for was Lord of the Rings Online. You should have seen the mess that game was dureing alpha & CB! however thanks to myself and the other testers LotRO had a flawless launch.
  • nounours
    nounours Posts: 453
    edited July 2008
    nounours wrote: »

Will chars be deleted after closed beta??
    I hope no, because Closed beta dure 1mounth , wich is enough to make a char lv 50 at least!!

Answer found!!
    chars Will Be Deleted AFTER Closed Beta

Quote:
    Originally Posted by xarfox View Post
    yes, We Are Currently Planning To Wipe All Characters At The End Of Our Beta Phase.

ps : pls do not read the rest, inmature people are insulting each other

THE ANSWER HAS BEEN ALREADY GIVEN TO YOUR QUESTION! PLS READ BEFOR POST ANY NEW TOPIC
  • karmelia
    karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    THE ANSWER HAS BEEN ALREADY GIVEN TO YOUR QUESTION! PLS READ BEFOR POST ANY NEW TOPIC

OMG! Nounours, you're the best clown of us all.

Too bad, you were too slow, an admin already replied before you... yesterday....
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • nounours
    nounours Posts: 453
    edited July 2008
    karmelia wrote: »
    OMG! Nounours, you're the best clown of us all.

Too bad, you were too slow, an admin already replied before you... yesterday....

;)
    can you not reply out of topic posts!!??
    ps i knewn that one Admin has alredy answerd, but people shouldnt be lazy and not read befor post new topics like u said by your self befor ^_^
  • snaptrap
    snaptrap Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    As a suggestion, you guys should do what nDoors is doing with their Atlantica Online. They're are trying to get the community to collect 10,000 characters or members before they go OB. If the community does that, they don't do a character reset.
  • soukyuu
    edited July 2008
    ^ Means unfair advantage for closed beta players.
    ATM, the CB keys are still available, but what happens afterwards? Those who can't join CB will end up being far behind those who did, both level and item-wise.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tseikkis
    tseikkis Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    soukyuu wrote: »
    ^ Means unfair advantage for closed beta players.

Yep, and there would surely be a few guilds full of hardcore gamers
    who would all have grinded lvl50-60 chars when everyone else is
    lvl 1. A month is too much of a headstart, these guilds would probably
    be pretty much in control after this.

Wipe 'em, I say :)
  • junk
    junk Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    It doesn't matter what happens. Casuals will always lag behind, esp when they ding 40 and run out of quests. Even if the start at the same time, there'll be a point where casuals stop levelling altogether aside from dailies/fb runs, while hardcore players will keep going. The game will be 'owned' by the same set of rich nolifers no matter what the starting odds.

A wipe does make it more fun though; you don't feel pressured to level so you can just ding 30 then run around ganking people, test diffrent gear/builds, or do **** things you otherwise wouldn't be prone to doing. Of all the mmos I've ever played, CB periods were the most fun; then comes the release with all the drama and srsbusiness to ruin everything.
  • sphinx
    sphinx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    lol i dont think i could have said it better myself.

I alwayas found CBs the best because of the fact you could just **** around and try new things before getting a fresh reset.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • king
    king Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Umm is there even such a thing when there isnt a whipe after a CB?
  • soukyuu
    edited July 2008
    yeah, called "OCB on MY-EN"
    i don't see what is to be discussed here after the GMs confirmed there will be a wipe.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • legendzeratul
    legendzeratul Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Isn't the reason for beta (cb and ob) to test for bugs in the game?
  • niajade
    niajade Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    tant wrote: »
    Also when you start playing you would have friends from CB which would make it funner at the start.

Yes I agree ~~~
    Yestermoon - SB | Dawnglory
  • azure
    azure Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    dam that sucks. but how come the ob as to be so long then?
  • snaptrap
    snaptrap Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    A character wipe is necessary for most games just to root out any potential problems with the character itself. I have no problem with it just as long as PW doesn't pull the same **** that nDoors did with Atlantica Online. What a bogus deal that was!
  • zoe101
    zoe101 Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited July 2008

you always want a wipe...

Zoe:)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • realtalk
    realtalk Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2009

I hope not.
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    xarfox wrote: »

wtf ur gona delete our chars?
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.