is there going to be CB contest?

zenit
zenit Posts: 0 Arc User
edited July 2008 in General Discussion
i wonder if International PW will have some kind of contest like it was at the start of MY-EN server that there will be highest lvl in ob granted with some gold prizes etc and everyone that hit lets say 50+ lvl will have also some kind of prize like 2 mln gold for start in OB ?:) just wondering because i wonder if its worth hiting very high lvl in CB or is it not ^^
Post edited by zenit on

Comments

• ark
    ark Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Well, we can hope for the best, but I wouldn't expect anything. If you're playing in Closed, you should be doing it just because you want an early grasp at the game, rather than playing just for some special prize in Open.

*Starts praying for some awesome Closed prizes* :p
    As a Guild,

Live as One, fight as One, win as One.
    Strength in Unity,
    Order through Chaos,
    Victory united.
  • karmelia
    karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    If they do, I hope it will be something more original than "reward the higest levels".

That would be a good way to alienate the more causal players of the game.
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • zenit
    zenit Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    yah but many ppl would like to achive something to make easier way in open beta because i think many ppl will come over like me from other servers that they already achived somethin in other servers :) now only want to play here (as for me) coz i hope as europen i will have better ping then in MY-ENG server =Din CB wan get info is it worth to abandon my high lvl there to come over here or not ;) if not much diffrence in ping then not worth it ;) but really i think many ppl will come over here same reason as me =D so really think many ppl would be happy about any CB prizes for OB later ^^ i hope i get quick answer from any Administrator about this :)
  • ark
    edited July 2008
    Can you please use capitals? Or periods? Various other punctuation? It's hard to read that >.<

I'm coming over for ping reasons too. Though, I also enjoy not playing with 10,000 Asians always going "leh", "ho", "lor", "liao", and various other little things that drive me crazy.
    As a Guild,

Strength in Unity,
    Order through Chaos,
    Victory united.
  • koz
    koz Posts: 465 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Yeah I agree it's very stupid to award high levels for CB. That just promotes people to bot/account share (both of which are a bannable offense)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ark
    edited July 2008
    koz wrote: »
    Yeah I agree it's very stupid to award high levels for CB. That just promotes people to bot/account share (both of which are a bannable offense)

If they're caught doing that, they're banned+disqualified, so that really isn't a point. Telling people to level as fast as they can is a good strategy for Closed Beta testing, because people will be motivated to test as much of the game as they can.

... I'd really appreciate a 25 Zen reward :D. That'd help with my levelling, and make providing for my guild in Open a lot easier.

[ADVERTISEMENT]Recruitment is open now, by the way, in the guild section of these forums. [/ADVERTISEMENT]
    As a Guild,

Strength in Unity,
    Order through Chaos,
    Victory united.
  • karmelia
    edited July 2008
    ark wrote: »
    Telling people to level as fast as they can is a good strategy for Closed Beta testing, because people will be motivated to test as much of the game as they can.

So-so. They'll too buzy grinding to take note of anything.

Anyway, this is not a new game, it's been localised elsewhere numerous times, and I doubt an unknown bug will pop up suddently.

In a real closed-beta, levelling is not as important as testing everything. I once tested a game, and me and some friends once spent a whole evening checking walls and mountains and other blocking structures to find holes in them. We found 5 at that time. Othertime, the admins would ask us to test specific things. Levelling was not important, since if they wanted to test some high level stuff, they would simply raise our chars to the needed levels. *kill this hobgoblins for 1 millions XP and instalevel 50* :cool:
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • arcane
    arcane Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    In a contest, you award the person who tries the hardest. So it isnt really alienating the casual gamers. It is more rewarding the no-lifers and hardcores for their devotion.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Doin' it my way.
  • koz
    edited July 2008
    arcane wrote: »
    In a contest, you award the person who tries the hardest. So it isnt really alienating the casual gamers. It is more rewarding the no-lifers and hardcores for their devotion.

Not really... if you put up an award for CBT, then everyone focuses more on getting leveled then on testing bugs, which defeats the point of CBT. You can't put casual players at a disadvantage because they don't have the time to play that much. What if the person goes to school or works but still uses the cash shop. Isn't that devotion? You are supporting the server, more than the hardcore, no life grinders who only have their eye on a prize.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • arcane
    edited July 2008
    Not really... if you put up an award for CBT, then everyone focuses more on getting leveled then on testing bugs, which defeats the point of CBT. You can't put casual players at a disadvantage because they don't have the time to play that much. What if the person goes to school or works but still uses the cash shop. Isn't that devotion? You are supporting the server, more than the hardcore, no life grinders who only have their eye on a prize.

usually nolifers and hardcore players spend more on the cash shop
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Doin' it my way.
  • koz
    edited July 2008
    arcane wrote: »
    usually nolifers and hardcore players spend more on the cash shop

True, but does that mean they are any more important than the person who only has time to play a few hours a day and also uses the cash shop?

Are you guys pushing for GM favoritism again or what?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • arcane
    edited July 2008
    True, but does that mean they are any more important than the person who only has time to play a few hours a day and also uses the cash shop?

Are you guys pushing for GM favoritism again or what?

Not more important in the exact meaning of the word, but honestly?
    Yes, they are more important :P

A company needs money to function, with someone spending alot of money that makes them important to the server. They are important to the server because they maintain it. True and Honest f2pers do not directly support the servers except for hits on the login and things like that,

So to answer your question:

1.) Yes they are more important in my opinion
    2.) No they should not recieve special treatment.

Cash shop isnt the topic of this thread though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Doin' it my way.
  • koz
    edited July 2008
    Ok same situation. Different scenario.

I have to drive to alot of places and use up a lot of gas.
    You may not drive as much as me and don't use as much gas.

Am I entitled to free gas because I drive more than somebody else?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • arcane
    edited July 2008
    Ok same situation. Different scenario.

I have to drive to alot of places and use up a lot of gas.
    You may not drive as much as me and don't use as much gas.

Am I entitled to free gas because I drive more than somebody else?

Only if there was a contest to see who could drive the farthest....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Doin' it my way.
  • rayw
    rayw Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Perhaps there should be prizes for whoever finds bugs in the game then?
  • kazuma
    kazuma Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    rayw wrote: »
    Perhaps there should be prizes for whoever finds bugs in the game then?

That would most likely not happen.

At this stage not many people will know how many bugs could be on CB therefor you could get everyone on CB finding bugs, reporting to the forums and using the terms, 'geef mi st00f pl0x, really just imagine there could be millions of bugs in one map. o.O Sure hope not.
    But I dont care about the rewards or anything like that, im just happy im lucky enough to have went on MMIORPG.com when I was looking for a new MMORPG to play I found PW-INT. =D
    A reward I wouldn't mind though. ^_^
    But it's not 100% necessary. ( No offense intended to Rayw.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]If only deathnote was that simple...
  • splice
    splice Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    hmm... when ur lvling at a fast pace wouldnt u be exploring PW more than others? wouldnt u experience more and have a higher chance of encountering a bugs? ;p
    plus u guys make it sound like every1 has a device that detects bugs... we have to go around and try things to actually find the bugs >.> whats better than leveling and going to new areas?
  • karmelia
    edited July 2008
    splice wrote: »
    hmm... when ur lvling at a fast pace wouldnt u be exploring PW more than others?
    You don't explore a lot while doing AoE parties.

And past a certain point, the fastest way to level is simply to get a lot of money, open a shop to buy DQ items and repeat DQ over and over again.

• ark
    edited July 2008
    Most bugs we'll encounter will be seen while levelling. These bugs will mostly be text errors, rather than errors in the landscape - not much, if anything, has been changed in respect to land. If there are new dungeons to test out, then we should explore them thoroughly.
    As a Guild,

Strength in Unity,
    Order through Chaos,
    Victory united.
  • karmelia
    edited July 2008
    ark wrote: »
    These bugs will mostly be text errors

true. And fast levellers are more likely to not bother taking time to read the NPC texts carefully to try and find errors in them.
    If there are new dungeons to test out, then we should explore them thoroughly.

They would be new for us coming from Malaysian's PW, but they'll have been thoroughly tested on other versions of the game already anyway.

I can already certify there will be a bug in the forrest ruins event that will allow players to reach the Eye of the Forrest by going under the dungeon. And the Monthly horse race will be bugged too.

• ark
    edited July 2008
    karmelia wrote: »
    true. And fast levellers are more likely to not bother taking time to read the NPC texts carefully to try and find errors in them.

They would be new for us coming from Malaysian's PW, but they'll have been thoroughly tested on other versions of the game already anyway.

I can already certify there will be a bug in the forrest ruins event that will allow players to reach the Eye of the Forrest by going under the dungeon. And the Monthly horse race will be bugged too.

If they're coming out in this version, they'll be reworked. We retest.
    As a Guild,

Strength in Unity,
    Order through Chaos,
    Victory united.
This discussion has been closed.