Downloading methods

nipples
nipples Posts: 2 Arc User
edited July 2008 in General Discussion
Well first of all I don't know if this should go here, lol.

Now, onto topic, I was wondering which kind of download methods will the beta client have... direct download.. torrent, etc.

I hope you could upload it to a torrent tracker, it's safer and more reliable, and my experience with direct download/FTP servers is bad (*cough*Filefront*cough*)

So yea... :P
Post edited by nipples on

Comments

• soukyuu
    soukyuu Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    i think this could go into the official suggestion thread...
    i'd suggest distributing it via torrent or a host that supports download managers (not filefront)
    my connections gets DCed randomly and has only 235 Kb/s downstream, so torrent is best for me.
    you could for example make a torrent client run on your fileserver to act as the fast seed and let other volunteer seeders help.

i will most likely upload the client to my ftp and make it available as long as i have enough bandwidth.
    PW has been endless frustration for me #2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • thom
    thom Posts: 387 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Hopefully they put up a torrent for the client and maybe host multi-part rar-archive somewhere for those who cant get their torrents working.

I for one allways use torrents,faster and more reliable way to download usually.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ThommiX - Harvest Leader

8x Barbarian

-Lost city-
  • timioo
    timioo Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    i agree, torrents are the best way to download.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Harvest of Chaos Marshal
    Nalle - 6X Wizard

-Lost City-
  • blackigel
    blackigel Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    We will host the Client for our Members (German MMOG Portal - www.mmog4ever.de) on a Highspeed Server for free and maximum Speed. And host the Client so much we can on one click hoster for all Players like Rapidshare, Megashare and so on. That you have a expanded choose to download the Client ^^ I think the torrent, direct Download and so on come from iPW direct ^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-www.gsy-network.de
  • sphinx
    sphinx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    woot torrents ftw!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • orinj
    orinj Posts: 460 admin
    edited July 2008
    we'll be providing several download options.

most likely you will be familiar with some if not all of them.

:)

- orinj
    F.E.A.R. has two meanings: Forget Everything And Run - OR - Face Everything And Rise. The choice is yours, my friend.
  • soukyuu
    edited July 2008
    aww... details, details n.n
    XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • caribbean
    caribbean Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    I hate torrent!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Caribbean is a cold blooded reptilian like an amphibian.
  • roxy
    roxy Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008

I bet one of them will be fileplanet.

- Roxy

(\(\
    ( ='.' )
    o(_ ") ")

To the world, you may be one person
    But to one person, you may be the world

6to4uv.jpg

To the world, you may be one person
    But to one person, you may be the world
  • xarfox
    xarfox Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    nipples wrote: »
    Well first of all I don't know if this should go here, lol.

Now, onto topic, I was wondering which kind of download methods will the beta client have... direct download.. torrent, etc.

I hope you could upload it to a torrent tracker, it's safer and more reliable, and my experience with direct download/FTP servers is bad (*cough*Filefront*cough*)

So yea... :P

We will be providing multiple methods for distributing our client. You can be sure that this has been a logistical issue that we've been paying a lot of attention to. ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • caribbean
    caribbean Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    xarfox wrote: »
    We will be providing multiple methods for distributing our client. You can be sure that this has been a logistical issue that we've been paying a lot of attention to. ;)
    I hope there's no issue like in MY where we hada use our own methods to download it, even break the rules.:rolleyes:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Caribbean is a cold blooded reptilian like an amphibian.
  • ambie
    ambie Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    I know this is off topic but..
    The name..nipples..o_o *weird violin music playing in the bacground*
  • veco
    veco Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    I was wondering if there will be any type of starter kit that can bought that includes something similar to what is offered for the my-en version:
    - Exclusive Perfect World A4 Folder
    - Player Guidebook
    - Game Installation DVD with music video and wallpapers
    - In-Game Items! :
    a. Minor Vital Heirogram
    b. Minor Spirit Heirogram
    c. Advanced Transfigure Scroll
    d. Replacement Doll (x 3)
    e. Antidote (x 5)
    f. Storage Extension Stone
    g.&ampnbspHeaven Celestial&ampnbspStone
    h. Transcendental Scroll (xp scroll)
    i. Primary Restat Scroll
    j. One of either: Formal Dress OR Concomitant Male Shirt + Concomitant Male Pants

I was always partial to having game discs and guides ^^;;
  • orinj
    orinj Posts: 460 admin
    edited July 2008
    actually -

we're using carrier pigeons to fly over 1700 floppy disks to each user that got a closed beta key.

taking it back to the old school

- orinj
    F.E.A.R. has two meanings: Forget Everything And Run - OR - Face Everything And Rise. The choice is yours, my friend.
  • balmung
    balmung Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    i think filefront has better speed for downloading. and bittorrent is fine as well but i would recommend perfect world upload their client to filefront instead of fileplanet
  • veco
    veco Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    orinj wrote: »
    actually -

we're using carrier pigeons to fly over 1700 floppy disks to each user that got a closed beta key.

- orinj

*rummages thru old computer parts looking for a floppy drive*
    we talkin 3 and a half inch floppy or 5 and a quarter floppy? I think it would be in the best interest of the pigeons if 3 and a half were used... I hope PETA doesn't get wind of this o_O;;
  • sphinx
    edited July 2008
    orinj wrote: »
    actually -

- orinj

Sweet, thats a pretty leet way of getting things done. But it would be cooler if you can fly over 1700 of the old big floppy disks (the old school ones that were massive):cool:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • soukyuu
    edited July 2008
    balmung wrote: »
    i think filefront has better speed for downloading. and bittorrent is fine as well but i would recommend perfect world upload their client to filefront instead of fileplanet
    MY problem with filefront is that they don't allow download managers - if you DC then you have to re-download from scratch. Ever had internet die on you when your download had 3 seconds left till 100%? >.<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • blackigel
    blackigel Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    All can write me then a PM and i give the link from my Server so you can download as the fast way. But i dont post the link later here, only PM. ^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-www.gsy-network.de
  • soukyuu
    edited July 2008
    blackigel wrote: »
    All can write me then a PM and i give the link from my Server so you can download as the fast way. But i dont post the link later here, only PM. ^^
    oh.. if you do that i think your PM box might explode :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sphinx
    edited July 2008
    it probably doesnt matter what you do cause it will explode either way.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • nipples
    nipples Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Whats wrong with mine nick? D:

Oh I like the pidgeon idea... wayyy better than filefront :D
  • xauss
    xauss Posts: 223 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    blackigel wrote: »
    We will host the Client for our Members (German MMOG Portal - www.mmog4ever.de) on a Highspeed Server for free and maximum Speed. And host the Client so much we can on one click hoster for all Players like Rapidshare, Megashare and so on. That you have a expanded choose to download the Client ^^ I think the torrent, direct Download and so on come from iPW direct ^^

hehe, for PW MY-Eng i had just started the torrent when i discovered you guys... i cut my DL time in half :)

thx for that
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.