Class sugestion...

kazuma
kazuma Posts: 193 Arc User
edited July 2008 in General Discussion
Yeah yeah, some of you may read my posts in foums and think, 'this guy know's PW very well.' ...,I dont ;p
Which is why I want someone to help me in choosing my class.
I DEFINATLEY KNOW THIS!!
I want to be a winged elf.
And i've heard the clerics are pretty badass.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]If only deathnote was that simple...
Post edited by kazuma on

Comments

• parren
    parren Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    ep is good in pve but not good for pvp
  • sphinx
    sphinx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    i honestly don't think i can name an MMO that had a cleric class character that was good for pvp
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • aer
    aer Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Ragnarok Online. Well. You just can't be killed there if you know how to play. Problem: You don't kill either.
  • junk
    junk Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Comparing apples and oranges, etc. If it's your first time playing, an archer might be the better choice because it's a dedicated DPS class. As long as you do enough damage (which can surprisingly be acheived with auto-attack, many people even insist that archers don't use skills in dungeons/bossfights because they end up getting aggro) nobody cares what you do with your skills. So you can build however you want. With a cleric, on the other hand, you have to build your skills to please a vast array of people and somehow manage to fit your needs and prefferences in there. Tanks and melee dps will complain if your def buff isn't high. Mages will want mdef and matk. Some people will insist you level the regen buff because they're too cheap for pots/hieros. People who don't buy dolls will complain about your res (then you'll end up grouping with people who have dolls on all the time and you'll cry at your wasted sp). Healing doesn't even need to be mentioned. When it comes to leveling, you'll want to get damage skills and metal mastery. But if you want to PvP you'll need debuffs/curses. This takes enormous planning and unless you know exactly what you need and where, you'll end up waiting till 60+ to finally have the skills you want.
  • sphinx
    edited July 2008
    aer wrote: »
    Ragnarok Online. Well. You just can't be killed there if you know how to play. Problem: You don't kill either.

lol well that doesnt really help you in pvp... because the object of pvp is to kill the other person.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • void
    void Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Actually, EPs are pretty powerful in PVP. They completely wreck mages with plume quill, since it's a physical attack. Plus, healing yourself in a duel while your opponent can't is a huge advantage, especially with whisht heart, constantly regenerating your health. And in TW, EPs play a huge role.
  • seveneyes
    seveneyes Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    sphinx wrote: »
    i honestly don't think i can name an MMO that had a cleric class character that was good for pvp

Guild wars... 55 Monk was awesome! Next to impossible to kill!

Perfect World.... Good low level spells, one metal (elemental) and one physical.

their sleep spell is amazing! Cast sleep on an opponent, stack up the regen health skill (won't bother naming it as it'll be named differently!). Then pow!

Plus in PvE, Clerics and Wizards should tank magic bosses ;)
  • meatshield
    meatshield Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    parren wrote: »
    ep is good in pve but not good for pvp

ep are pretty badass in pvp if I do say so myself..
    Pray for mercy.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

When kneeling before us gets old.
    RQClan.com
  • sphinx
    edited July 2008
    maybe but only when the situation is right. of course i can see them being important in TW^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • merulz
    merulz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008

Priests were near impossible to beat in Rohan. Magic Barrier made them invincible, and they had a nuke that had a 5 second recharge. They could survive an onslaught of around 3-5 people higher than them, and STILL take them down.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Perfect World IRC:
    Server: irc.deltaanime.net
    Channel: #pwint
  • sphinx
    edited July 2008
    merulz wrote: »
    Priests were near impossible to beat in Rohan. Magic Barrier made them invincible, and they had a nuke that had a 5 second recharge. They could survive an onslaught of around 3-5 people higher than them, and STILL take them down.

thats odd because i played priest on rohan and it got totally tanked in pvp
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • merulz
    merulz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008

That's because you weren't pro, then. I could do all that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Perfect World IRC:
    Server: irc.deltaanime.net
    Channel: #pwint
  • shri
    shri Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited July 2008

lol this is Perfect World.

Anyways,

WF is the best class to start with according to my opinion.

Then you can start with others like EA / WR etc...

Ow, I can't remember the English names of all classes yet..Using their names on other servers.
  • soukyuu
    soukyuu Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Whether a class is good in PvP or not depends on the player 90% of the time, 10% on the situation
    Same goes for PvE
    PW has been endless frustration for me #2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • xauss
    xauss Posts: 223 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    void wrote: »
    Actually, EPs are pretty powerful in PVP. They completely wreck mages with plume quill, since it's a physical attack. Plus, healing yourself in a duel while your opponent can't is a huge advantage, especially with whisht heart, constantly regenerating your health. And in TW, EPs play a huge role.

spot on

pvp versus robes wearers (most mages and WFs) EPs often win (should always beat the mage) due to the p-attack of plume quill.

also if u stat for dual armours (robes + either light or heavy) you can win against most classes by stacking wisht heart (HoTs) and plume barrier (damage reduction) and using the m-attacks against melee chars
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • koz
    koz Posts: 465 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    This is a stupid question. All you do is ignite a firestorm of debate. First off you should read the class discussion guide for the cleric and probably posted it there. Secondly all the classes are good and it's useless to ask people what they think about them. Play what you want to play.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • parren
    parren Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    i don't agree that ep are badass in pvp its more becouse vs ea for exammple they die pretty fast even with regen ep is good only vs mages with rest they have a BIG problem
  • xauss
    xauss Posts: 223 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    i don't agree that ep are badass in pvp its more becouse vs ea for exammple they die pretty fast even with regen ep is good only vs mages with rest they have a BIG problem

all depends on skills leveled (and used), build and EQs

for example i would expect a heavy armour EP (yes some do build for that) to beat a WR (i mean BM) of the same level more often than not

EAs with their range, crit rate and choice of physical and magic damage attacks can beat most classes most of the time if they instigate an attack on an unsuspecting player.

however, when they are the unsuspecing player that another gets the jump on, any class can defeat them too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • showharu
    showharu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    xauss wrote: »
    all depends on skills leveled (and used), build and EQs

for example i would expect a heavy armour EP (yes some do build for that) to beat a WR (i mean BM) of the same level more often than not

EAs with their range, crit rate and choice of physical and magic damage attacks can beat most classes most of the time if they instigate an attack on an unsuspecting player.

however, when they are the unsuspecing player that another gets the jump on, any class can defeat them too.

Yea i agree Depends on ur built u dont have to choose the armour thats recommended
    all about strategy on choosing ur EQ
  • arcane
    arcane Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Priests are AMAZING in pvp. They should basically never lose a 1v1.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Doin' it my way.
  • splice
    splice Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    high lvl EP's r elite pvpers and pkers. (EP has physical and magical atks *wink*).
    Still, it depends on how well the player plays the character. So good luck and have fun.
  • arcane
    edited July 2008
    splice wrote: »
    high lvl EP's r elite pvpers and pkers. (EP has physical and magical atks *wink*).
    Still, it depends on how well the player plays the character. So good luck and have fun.

Stuns/Disables/Heals/barrier play into it as well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Doin' it my way.
  • mikoto
    mikoto Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008

EA can die fast also. I've 1 hit KO'd ea of the same level before. Of course it was with heaven fury though. ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • johnnyboi
    johnnyboi Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Yah depend on the ea some ppl have hard time pvp a ep if ur a ea cause there magic are pretty strong, but there a chance a ea can on hit a ep also XD. And if u started PW i guess a WF or a WR a good class for yah a EA be good but u have to put alot pots to stay alive.
  • nounours
    nounours Posts: 453
    edited July 2008
    Class sugestion:
    Vecromencer MALE pls
    I feel bad in a femal body:D
  • splice
    splice Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    venomancer is a badass pking class but so vulnerable to EA's :(
    I am definitely going with wf again but gonna try a heavy build this time ;)
  • shri
    shri Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    splice wrote: »
    venomancer is a badass pking class but so vulnerable to EA's :(
    I am definitely going with wf again but gonna try a heavy build this time ;)

Nope..It is the build that makes difference..

At high lvls if you have a good attacking pet, you can .........
  • azure
    azure Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    monks and rouges were nice pvp characters in everquest... and dwarf clerics couldn't die also paladins if you made it right. check the class discussion sections on all the characters and look at all their builds you might find something.
  • arcane
    edited July 2008
    nounours wrote: »
    Class sugestion:
    Vecromencer MALE pls
    I feel bad in a femal body:D

Guys are ugly. Play a chick. It makes staring at the **** all day more bearable.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Doin' it my way.
  • danubus37
    danubus37 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Im not big into Pvp so Ill basically concentrate on classes that are good for dungeon crawls and basic leveling. Pvp never has been my thing.
This discussion has been closed.